Is there a breadcrumb quest to get you to KDY launch bay?

DarthDymond

I know there's a quest associated with KDY on the Fleet off of the Mission Departures elevator, but I'm wondering : is there a breadcrumb quest that sends you to that new area of the fleet from DK or somewhere? The way there are droids around the fleet and on some planets who give you holo-messages from Satele/Malgus to send you to the main mission departure area.

I tend to be a bit anal about making sure I progress through all of those steps on my main character.

Thanks for any help!

Edited by DarthDymond

I know there's a quest associated with KDY on the Fleet off of the Mission Departures elevator, but I'm wondering : is there a breadcrumb quest that sends you to that new area of the fleet from DK or somewhere? The way there are droids around the fleet and on some planets who give you holo-messages from Satele/Malgus to send you to the main mission departure area.

I tend to be a bit anal about making sure I progress through all of those steps on my main character.

Thanks for any help!

there's less painful ways about progressing with your main character than what you're doing currently. :eek:

there's less painful ways about progressing with your main character than what you're doing currently. :eek:

Less painful? 90% of why I play this game is for the story content. That's why I make sure to have my Main go through every step - so that I can see every conversation available to him.

Apologies if you were making a joke that just completely flew over my head about being "anal".

I don't think, pretty sure you just head upstairs.

I agree your method because I never picked a lot of stuff up and I regret it so I have been going back to scoop uphold questions I never did even though I have burned the content time and time again

Thanks for any help!

a quick view of dulfy.net would answer your question.

Thanks for any help!

I'm the same way and with one of my characters, I actually went everywhere in the fleet, Section X and CZ-198 to make sure there wasn't something and in this case in particular, there isn't.

They really did NOT walk the extra-mile, when it comes to the storyline pertaining the KDY, voice acting and cutscenes wise. I guess that people who play GSF may get a bigger kick out of it really.

a quick view of dulfy.net would answer your question.

Dulfy was my first stop, but while it is head-and-shoulders the best fan-site for SWTOR, it is still a fan-site. The fact that she didn't list a breadcrumb quest was hardly proof-positive that one doesn't exist, especially when the focus of her coverage was the FP itself.

Hence me asking a forum of players if anyone was aware of one.

Edited by DarthDymond

You couldn't have just written it yourself with a shout out to dulfy's site? I don't get why people are so unhelpful .

I guess he merely saw it as another chance to shamelessly promote the gear on his Sorcerer, like he's the only one really.

Of course, he'll say it's most likely related with doing HM ops, invites and all. :cool:

You couldn't have just written it yourself with a shout out to dulfy's site? I don't get why people are so unhelpful .

Because its paragraphs long. And how is going to the website and reading it all for yourself not helpful? You can come on here and type, but not go to another site I directed you to and read the instructions and screenshots on how to do everything? :confused: How was directing you to a site that explains the entire FP and starter questline not helpful? It would answer your question, and more.

I guess he merely saw it as another chance to shamelessly promote the gear on his Sorcerer, like he's the only one really.

Of course, he'll say it's most likely related with doing HM ops, invites and all. :cool:

I am not promoting my Sorc gear, my comment also has nothing to do with what my sig says. That's in my sig for getting Ops invites so people can see the gear before hand. Problem? Why is it that people like you have to find something to insult someone about? Did I do something to you? No. So, what is your problem? I really don't get people like you. You create nothing but drama.

Edited by DarthVengeant

Because its paragraphs long. And how is going to the website and reading it all for yourself not helpful? You can come on here and type, but not go to another site I directed you to and read the instructions and screenshots on how to do everything? :confused: How was directing you to a site that explains the entire FP and starter questline not helpful?

Because that wasn't what was asked. He asked specifically if there was a bread crumb quest leading you to the location. That web site only covers the flashpoint itself, not how your character would find out about that area through actual storyline.

It would answer your question, and more.

No, it doesn't. That site is a fansite and while it may include an extensive "how to" of the actual flashpoint, the fact that site does not include a storyline bread crumb quest for how to find the flashpoint area could simply indicate that they did not find one, it is not 100% proof that one does not exist.

---

If you are the kind of person who just does all of the games contents using group finders and quick travel and looks up all the quests on websites than maybe you don't understand the question being asked here.

Some of us actually do 100% of all the storyline content; that includes finding the quests that tell you how to find other quests. I don't do it on my alts, but I'm the same way with my main; she's done every step of every quest including finding all the droids and bread crumb quests that tell you how to find the various flashpoints.

It's actually quite a noticeable missing piece that nothing "in character" directs you to find this one, it makes it feel very tacked on. Yes you can wander down there while exploring, but all the other flashpoints have gone out of their way to make them feel pseudo integrated into the story, some messenger somewhere says "hey they need your help go to xyz".

No, sadly. There are a few ways to route your character that direction:

1. You finish DK or Coruscant and dock your ship at the fleet to do whatever, see the posters, get intrigued and take a look.

2. You're not informed about the layout of the fleet and stumble upon it.

Stuff like that, if that would help. (I'm not sure if that's what you're asking, if there's no breadcrumb mission.

Because its paragraphs long. And how is going to the website and reading it all for yourself not helpful? You can come on here and type, but not go to another site I directed you to and read the instructions and screenshots on how to do everything? :confused: How was directing you to a site that explains the entire FP and starter questline not helpful? It would answer your question, and more.

Reading comprehension is fundamental.

The OP asked if there was a breadcrumb quest that lead you to the fighter launch bay. A simple "No, there isn't" what have sufficed instead of coming off like an arse.

Because that wasn't what was asked. He asked specifically if there was a bread crumb quest leading you to the location. That web site only covers the flashpoint itself, not how your character would find out about that area through actual storyline.

Actually it covers the starter quest as well, which is the "bread crumb" quest. Hence why I gave him a link.

If you are the kind of person who just does all of the games contents using group finders and quick travel and looks up all the quests on websites than maybe you don't understand the question being asked here.

Some of us actually do 100% of all the storyline content; that includes finding the quests that tell you how to find other quests. I don't do it on my alts, but I'm the same way with my main; she's done every step of every quest including finding all the droids and bread crumb quests that tell you how to find the various flashpoints.

It's actually quite a noticeable missing piece that nothing "in character" directs you to find this one, it makes it feel very tacked on. Yes you can wander down there while exploring, but all the other flashpoints have gone out of their way to make them feel pseudo integrated into the story, some messenger somewhere says "hey they need your help go to xyz".

The "bread crumb" quest is in the hangar. :rolleyes: It leads you to go inside the Flashpoint. Dear god. Someone tries to help and you people freak out. There is no need for paragraph long dissertations on it, and trying to say I somehow play my game differently than you and only use GF and skip crap, which is no true. Forget it.

Reading comprehension is fundamental.

The OP asked if there was a breadcrumb quest that lead you to the fighter launch bay. A simple "No, there isn't" what have sufficed instead of coming off like an arse.

Refer to the above comment.

I tried to give the guy an answer by referring him to a site that would help him, and in so doing answer his question, which it does. Next time, I just wont comment.

Edited by DarthVengeant

The "bread crumb" quest is in the hangar. :rolleyes: It leads you to go inside the Flashpoint. Dear god. Someone tries to help and you people freak out. There is no need for paragraph long dissertations on it, and trying to say I somehow play my game differently than you and only use GF and skip crap, which is no true. Forget it.

While I appreciate any honest intent to be helpful, I think some of the flak you're getting is because the very first words of my original post said that I know about the hanger quest and that I was specifically asking if there was anything leading to that part.

So unless your thought was "if it isn't listed on dulfy, it doesn't exist" (which isn't accurate, her Oricon guide doesn't mention the breadcrumb on CZ-198 for example), then yeah, a site detailing that quest in the hanger and the flashpoint itself, while useful info in general, isn't really relevant to the question asked.

Ah well, thanks everyone for the answers. Appreciate it.

Seems like an odd omission, since like someone already said, they're counting on people either stumbling across the hanger or reading about it on the web, which isn't really great game design in itself.

It's one thing to have the datacrons, the "Entity" bonus bosses, and things of that nature tucked off to be "discovered" by the players' own explorations and curiosity, that adds something to the texture and bredth of the game. But with the lead-in for a new Flashpoint - it just seems more like an oversight than a deliberate choice. (I've commented elsewhere that I think it's weird there was no one-time THORN quest to go to their Rep vendor on Nar Shaddaa, since that's the only persistent vendor for when the event isn't running.)

Edited by DarthDymond