Do we have to accept all the companions?

MikeScottMorgan

If you don't like a companion then you can just leave them on your ship to do grunt work, and you don't even really need to interact with them. You do get all so that each one can fill the role they are able to do, IE healer, dps, tank and so forth.

I know all that, that's not what I asked.

You used to be able to decide whether or not to keep companions. Then all the people cried about how when they picked "Kill XXX" in a dialogue, surprise surprise, it actually killed them.

Thank the whiners for not wanting to bowl without bumpers in the gutters.

Somewhat of a rant, people always cite dumbing down and adding features like omg hyper run speed at lvl 1 because running is too tedious, like the should be added because "I play games to have fun." Ya, well - games also have rules to be fun.

I think the three-point line in basketball should only be 3 feet from the basket and the baskets themselves should only be 10 feet apart because it's too tedious to run back and forth on the court. And 10-foot high baskets are biased against short people, lower them to 2 feet please. Just say no to making everything stupid simple!

Edited by Jalthi

Yes and rules exist to be amended when they don't work. Unless you're some kind of masochist and you think suffering and rules are inherently fun. Which is fine for you, just don't be surprised if not everyone agrees with you. I mean, you're seriously arguing in favor of tedium? "Only hardcore gamers should go to the DMV!" Edited by Ghengis_John

You used to be able to decide whether or not to keep companions. Then all the people cried about how when they picked "Kill XXX" in a dialogue, surprise surprise, it actually killed them.

Somewhat of a rant, people always cite dumbing down and adding features like omg hyper run speed at lvl 1 because running is too tedious, like the should be added because "I play games to have fun." Ya, well - games also have rules to be fun.

I think the three-point line in basketball should only be 3 feet from the basket and the baskets themselves should only be 10 feet apart because it's too tedious to run back and forth on the court. And 10-foot high baskets are biased against short people, lower them to 2 feet please. Just say no to making everything stupid simple!

Honestly...I think Bioware could have handled it better.

For instance they should have let you select "Kill XXX" and instead of actually killing them, your character "dreams they are killing them" would have added some humor and a perfect chance to let the developer think of funny ways of allowing players to "kill" their companion.

Your companion would of course really not like you after this, I mean would you like somebody who dreams of killing you ( and in theory just stood there with a stupid look on their face while they did it? ) so this would effect your reputation with them and future conversations would make fun of your choice.

seriously, what would you do if you, by a big unlucky momment, killed your companion and then had to restart all the char just to have him back ?

the main problem is: ppl going dark side tries to get dark side points at each dialogue, if it says "kill him" and the other 2 options give light side points... we feel bad about not chosing to kill him...

It may not have been solely cause of people regretting it either. Since companions can be a very integral part to one's story, it may have actually caused issues with the game too.

Personally, I could care less if the option was in or not, but always wondered why someone would purposly gimp themselves.