Emperor fight - ***?

pidzi

First of all i have to say i browsed some threads already about how the final fight against emperor in Knights class story is Tough and called to be nerfed by some guys who couldnt beat after the 10 tries, so i really didnt underestimate him.

I also crafted best possible items for my T7 so he he will stand for some time BUT......

.....that fight was a BIG BIG disappointment.

First of all i dont if he was nerfed or something since launch but if this is supposed to be the most challenging fight of all class Stories then i must be really good at what am i doing.

He was down in less than minute i ended up with 100 hp left while T7 with over 70%, didnt used any medpack not even heroic call.

But what is irritating me most is that he wasnt even close to for me hardest fight in Class stories Darth Baras´s fight.

I really thought that so called Emperor should have at least 60K hp just like Baras but no, like he has HP like any other trash elite.

SO this is it? well shame i was really excited about that fight but as i said, didnt even break a sweat. Hope there will be no other disappointment like that.

CYA

If I'd ended the fight with 100hp, I'd probably have been sweating a little :)

Just did this one myself at lvl 48, and while I've no idea if it was nerfed at some point, I think they had to tune it fairly low once they decided to force you to use T7. Much as I love the little fella, I stopped using him the moment I got Kira because I just don't think tank companions play well with melee DPS, so my first couple of tries were with T7 in lvl 11-14 gear :D

Once I'd dropped about 250k on droid upgrades, it was pretty easy. That said, I thought the Baras fight was way easier - the "trick" to that fight is so basic it's not even a trick, just normal gameplay, whereas the Emperor fight at least requires that you identify the trick, then play semi-competently to overcome it.

I've finished 6/8 class stories now, and I really don't think any of the final bosses have been very challenging. I'd put the Emperor in the top three, but this is the only one I've done earlier than lvl 50, so I guess that made things harder.

I did the fight back before it was fixed, and it was clearly broken the first month of release being pretty much impossible to solo. I wasnt able to finish it but the day after they released a hotfix for it and it was very easy to solo with no real effort. So yes at one point it was so hard to the point of being broken but has been fixed and is very easy to do now!

Yeah, I keep reading about how easy it is to beat the emperor. Arrogance seems to spread like malware in these forums. I finally just gave up and quit playing. So much for games being relaxing and enjoyable...

Will probably try again after Christmas after I level up my Gunslinger a little more, or find another game that captures my interest.

It looks like ninja nerf happened? I died 4 times with my sentinel trying to kill him and he was very tough. Emperor has some nasty attack that 1 shots ppl.

I killed him again yersterday with my guardian. Whole fight me and my M3 didn't drop below 90% hp. Once I killed him I noticed M3 was dead. It seems he managed to pull his 1-shot-trick at the end of fight but on my companion.

Anyway fight was disappointly easy this time, no feeling of achievement or anything. I was fine with dying few times to kill the most powerful sith...

^ this

He has some one shot one kill moves which take a bit of time to figure out. I died about four times to him.

It seems rather random when he uses it. I did this a while ago however so not sure if this was updated in the last 3 patches.

To the OP: if he got you down to 100 hp he almost killed you and thus it was a good fight.

The final fight with the emperor is very easy, to be quite honest. The clones he spawns do no damage, but you can't ignore them. The reason is that the emperor (and his clones) have an instant-kill spell. The clones are immune to force attacks, so using force sweep does nothing. You need to manually target and kill each clone as they are casting. the spell is on a long cast time, so its pretty hard to miss if you're watching out for it.

I leveled both a guardian and a sentinel to 50. It took me 2 or 3 tries on my first playthrough. But the second time around I killed him on my first attempt.

(P.S. even as a light sided jedi, how on earth can you NOT choose to kill the emperor after you defeat him? It's also an epic way to kill him)

• 2 weeks later...
This was an odd, buggy and ultimately unsatisfying fight. On my first try the game auto reset my camera angle to overhead and fully zoomed in (hardly ideal), which got me a nice one-shot from the Emperor while adjusting (sweet!). Second try went much better, but I missed a one-shot channel while pillar dancing (they really should just add the Benny Hill theme song directly into the game's sound files for this fight). Third time, I force leaped from the pillars onto him, as he sat on his throne, to kick off the fight and boom - instant dead Emperor. After my buggy one-shot it went into the post fight video clip. Bummer.

Sith Warrior has most frustrating and difficult boss fights, especially if that was your first character. Further playhroughs, no matter which class, are much much easier. Most people who complained fought him on their first character and without gear for t7 (they didn't know...).

I was fine with the outcome and the fight.

"You have underestimated me for the last time." *Force grip and epic choir*

I just wish that the game won't die and we'll get to kill the Emperor... I hope that Sith Warrior will land the final strike :)

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

And some bugs are still around. Like his insta-gib and insta-death. I had the later and that is after doing what you did. It made me a sad panda.

Just did it last week for the first time (defected to the Republic side when I came back to the game). It's still a little challenging if you don't read strats (which I didn't).

Sadly, he still insta-kills, which he did to me twice in 6 attempts. He also insta-dies, which he did at around 20% health when I finally beat him on attempt 6.

I gotta agree with the OP this fight was pathetic after everything I read on the forums I thought for sure I would need a guildie to help me since T7 was in his original gear. But sadly no it was a one shot.

Now I have only completed 3 class quest so far and the hardest one for me was the consular. Being able to get one shotted without any way of interupting sucked. All you could do was run for cover and hope you were outta the way.

Really all you have to do is interrupt the one power (Cant't think of the name, Force Blast?) and you will be fine. But if you don't interrupt it, you will die. At least that's the way it was when I ran it with my Guardian some months ago.

I took him down last night on my 49 Guardian. Took me 3 goes I died twice to that 32k damage thing he does.

I think it's a simple case of interrupting it and on the the third go I got him.

For the emperor of the universe it was disappointing but I'm going to put that down to the power of the force flowing through my Jedi knight who lets face it has come a long way since those flesh raider days on Tython.

The emperor fight should have been more like Darth baras, it would have been far more interesting that way. The nomen karr fight was better as well...and the Jedi in the snow cave...

Honestly...I consider Darth Angral to be the real "emperor" scale fight...of course I fought him 3 levels under so ymmv

Talk about disappointing ...

The first two times I fought him I died. The first time was expected because I knew nothing about him :D The second was a little un expected as it never showed him cast it.

The third attempt was the worst. I ran up to him and hit him with zealous strike and he was dead :( I was soooo confused I thought I missed and then noticed he was green :( :(

Sucky way to end chapter 3 :mad::mad::mad:

Funny I had to try three times to win.

First time I died because I lost track of him for to long

Second time I got swarmed by his clones and my knight was to busy tiring to block to actually attack

Third time still lost T7 but was able to interrupt him and not get swarmed

I have seen everything from he is unbeatable to he was super easy, I thought he was appropriate for my knights final boss.

Also I knew about T7 being my only choice so I took all companion armor and weapon quest awards on Correlia for him. Thus he was well equipped and I did need the equipment in the chest.

Lamest boss fight ever. Much like the IA chapter 1 end fight, it pits the character against an entity they should never be able to beat in anything resembling a fair fight... and then the opponent is just another boss, scaled to a manageable level of power for the character's level. Maybe this wasn't quite as bad as the IA example, seeing how the JK is the awesomest Force user ever to pick up a lightsaber, but still.

One-hit kills must be the dumbest excuse for challenge in games. I went into this fight without any knowledge of what was to come (I enjoy stories more with minimal spoilers), so getting paired with seriously undergeared T7 didn't help. Then there was much knockback, swatting illusions and occasionally receiving 42k+ damage. A couple of faceplants later I had figured out what to target and what to interrupt and it was smooth enough from there.

Nothing breaks the flow of a story quite like getting spanked by a boss with shifty mechanics; I certainly understand the frustration of people losing to the Emperor repeatedly. That said, this fight is winnable without too much trouble if the correct tactics are used.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally beat the Emperor as level 49 Guardian. The hardest part for me was keeping track of the "real" Emperor. I failed the first4 or 5 times because I lost track of who was who. In the end I just never switched focus by tabbing and kept waling on him till he turned green, and interrupted as often as I could. After that it was easy.

Story-line wise, it made no sense to "require" T7. The mods in the floor really weren't much better than what I had on him (I had transferred all my pre-50 HK-51 gear to T7) and he still went down quickly.

I think it would have made more sense story-wise to have required either Kira (after all she was a fallen Sith) or Scourge.

Well I've been going though the jedi knight story at the lowest level I could, I just beat him on my first attempt at level 46, guardian vigilance spec. I never switched targets and t3 also survived with one hp lol.