Stop always blamming the tank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrblueyoda

On my assasin who is a tank most of the time when anything goes wrong it is blame the tank well when i am a tank it is usualy the healers fault so stop always blamming it on the tank when the dps aren't haveing nearly as hard of a time.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I blame the tank if its their fault, the dps if its theirs, and the healer if its theirs. If you aren't following the proper mechanics for a fight relative to your role then you are to blame. If the tank is constantly losing agro or breaking cc's, I'm not going to blame the healer. My guess is if your tank is constantly getting blamed then more than likely it is because your tank is constantly doing something wrong. You don't offer any examples so this is what I will assume.

On my assasin who is a tank most of the time when anything goes wrong it is blame the tank well when i am a tank it is usualy the healers fault so stop always blamming it on the tank when the dps aren't haveing nearly as hard of a time.

I find it hard to heal a tank while Im getting pummled because the tank doesnt know how to tank. I dont know how many times Ive asked a tank to gaurd, or told a tank umm your in wrong stance, or said help please Im getting my #&^% handed to me.

I find it hard to heal a tank while Im getting pummled because the tank doesnt know how to tank. I dont know how many times Ive asked a tank to gaurd, or told a tank umm your in wrong stance, or said help please Im getting my #&^% handed to me.

That's a fine line. The healer could be bombarded because they started healing before the tank got aggro. Or the tank didn't pick up all the mobs. OR the DPS isn't smart enough to burst down the weaker mobs that the tank usually isn't tanking, and thus they smack on the healer.

:p

That's a fine line. The healer could be bombarded because they started healing before the tank got aggro. Or the tank didn't pick up all the mobs. OR the DPS isn't smart enough to burst down the weaker mobs that the tank usually isn't tanking, and thus they smack on the healer.

:p

More often than not, when I heal and things go south, this is why. Sure, tanks screw up too, but generally I'm getting pummeled by lower-level enemies...which invariably means that a DPS dropped the ball.

Tank should NEVER guard a healer (in PVE). Tank should be guarding the strongest DPS. Healers do so little agro that the only way he's gonna pull agro is if mobs were never hit by tank or dps. And if that's the case, blame the tank for not hitting those mobs, not for not guarding you. If you are the only one doing agro to those unhurt mobs, then no matter if you're guarded or not you will pull them. Guard only reduces the agro you generate, it does not stop you from generating it completely.

Tank should NEVER guard a healer (in PVE). Tank should be guarding the strongest DPS. Healers do so little agro that the only way he's gonna pull agro is if mobs were never hit by tank or dps. And if that's the case, blame the tank for not hitting those mobs, not for not guarding you. If you are the only one doing agro to those unhurt mobs, then no matter if you're guarded or not you will pull them. Guard only reduces the agro you generate, it does not stop you from generating it completely.

the only reason i no longer stop tanks from guarding me when I'm healing in pve is not because of threat reduction. its because of damage reduction. because I know that almost invariably, dps will not pick up all the weak mobs, so something WILl be pounding on me. that damage reduction might not seem like much but its good enough to give me just enough breathing room to survive long enough for everyone else to start paying attention again.

that said. if there's a gold pounding on me? I WILL blame the tank.

More often than not, when I heal and things go south, this is why. Sure, tanks screw up too, but generally I'm getting pummeled by lower-level enemies...which invariably means that a DPS dropped the ball.

This might have something to do with how everyone, for some reason, assume DPS are terrible and have no roll to fulfill other than pew pewing the boss while tanks and healers are A+ important good.

This leads to DPS thinking the same thing and braindeading things, rather than realizing they have their own important jobs and rolls they must do in order to ensure group survivability. A bad DPS is LESS bad than a bad tank or healer, but it can still wipe a group in these situations, but as long as people continue giving DPS no respect in general, it creates a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Am I the only person who regullary encounters vanguards tanks "tanking" on one target from 30m range with hammer shot and full auto.

I've played mostly as a healer and always encounter tanks acting as dps (nuking one targe),while others kill me, so the tanks are ones to blame here.

Or people haven't got the fact that tanks aren't really tanks no more in these new hardmodes. Tanks are squishy now, very squishy. Trash mobs hit insanely hard and tank have a problem surviving from pull too much.

That's because of the way Shield absorption works in this game. I prefered wow's Block value mechanic a lot more. If absorption was a solid damage threshold, instead of a percentage, having many trash on a tank would be nothing. Now trash fights are 3 times harder than any boss. In both Flashpoints and Ops. Even if a mob hits as little as 2 and your absorption is 50%, you will take that 1. Which is silly.

Edited by Aelther

The new hardmodes are the exception. Trash hits the tanks extremely hard. I miss tanks being tanks. A tank isn't suppose to be this squishy going into a hardmode with decent gear. I can hold mob threat, but survivablity is another thing.

I find it hard to read your text with that awful colour. Change it. TY!

Oh, ok, so I guess the group I was in earlier was right. On the last boss in HM Hammer Station, tank failed to keep agro (or even taunt, as far as I could tell), so I tanked the boss for about 30 seconds until I died, followed by the tank dying since the healer was OOM, followed by the tank being rez'd, followed by the other DPS tanking until he died.

And the 2nd pull, the tank actually turned him so the conal AoE would hit the other DPS and healer. And neither him nor the other DPS was smart enough to move out of it, and the healer was probably far too busy going OOM as a result to notice what was going on. After we wipe, he whispers me and asks "do you think it is a healer problem?". And the other DPS initiates a vote kick of the healer.

Sorry, but if you are anywhere close to this bad, you are going to get called on it.

Edited by NoFishing