Why is BW sitting on Paid Character Transfers?

Graydon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
It's Marketing 101: Build up demand for a product while limiting supply or availability. This allows you drive the price up to much higher levels, as people are willing to pay anything once the desire or demand reaches a certain point.

It's all about the Benjamins...

that'd be akin to setting you on fire before they began offering fire extinguishers for sale.

I cannot believe they've completely ignored this topic for as long as they have.

I rolled on an ENGLISH speaking server and ToFN is not such a server because it's ok to use whatever language you desire. I bet people on the French server speak more English than on the English server. Not to mention that the community is just horrendous as well. There are no guilds to join either as everyone is just playing with their nationality and abusing everyone else on a regular basis.

I've spent too much money and time on my Legacy to simply start over on Red Eclipse. I wouldn't mind having to level new characters if they allowed even one char to transfer and bring the Legacy with it. Maybe their fear is that servers like ToFN would die overnight if they allowed it because everyone who prefers to use English would abandon that server immediately.

2 out of 3 Flashpoints you join start with "Polski?" or whatever and if you answer no, you get kicked. In Warzones there is no communication because no one CAN communicate. And before you throw the usual "why don't you learn new languages!!" I speak 3 fluently, German to a point and I'm not going to learn every random language spoken in Europe just to play a game on an ENGLISH speaking server.

It's high time you allow transfers BioWare, or *A* transfer at the very least so we can move our legacy.

• 4 weeks later...

if you're going to necro a thread about character transfers, why not go back to January of 2012?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=234432

of course, people were asking for transfers from the start, but in December 2011 it was more because of overpopulation and queues to log in

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=29903

bioware has had plenty of time. in that time, they've seen lots of people quit due to long queues to log in, they've seen tons of people quit due to dead servers, they watched the apac servers die and sat on that for a long time. there has always been cases of people just being on the wrong server, separated from their friends for whatever reason. people have wanted to change servers because their work schedule changed and with that the active time zone would be different. some people probably moved. people want to transfer now for pvp. personally, i've wanted my legacy consolidated since they released legacy with 1.2.

come on someone from bioware, please let us know what's really going on here. you've been incredibly quite about this for 19 months or so. the only posts i recall seeing, were you guys saying it's a feature you would be releasing. i understand the current delay. i think it's fine that you're testing it and i don't want it to be buggy any more than you do. but just come clean on this one. why have you been preventing this from happening? any scenario i can think of has you not wanting your players to enjoy the game. i'm sure that's not the case. i just don't understand what's wrong.

Edited by curtkram

Thread is nearly a year old.

BW still cannot figure out how to transfer a character? Still???????

They've done transfers before so they should have this figured out... And the point that a bigger majority of the population wants transfer more than anything else leads me to the thought they should cease work on EVERYTHING ELSE and poor the man power into this issue until the Character transfers are fixed and implemented. Anything else is unacceptable.

yeah I'd like to know why too. what's the big *********** deal. how many years have you had to implement transfers. what the **** do you have 2 people working in the office there.

Move your asses please

yeah thx

Foud in Dev Tracker forums

Can we get a target date for 2.2.1? | 06.12.2013, 05:37 PM

Hey folks,

I just posted here, the current target date for 2.2.1 is 6/25. One thing I wanted to stress is that it is not a guarantee that transfers will be in 2.2.1. It is our goal to get them to all of you as fast as we can as a part of 2.2.1, but we will not release it until it is working correctly.

-eric

also

Hey folks,

I wanted to give you an update on Paid Character Transfers since I know you have been curious about it with the delay of 2.2. Unfortunately, we have come across some bugs that are present with Character Transfers, specifically around Achievements. We definitely want to insure that we are providing the best service possible when you pay to transfer your character.

Know that unlike Game Update 2.2, fixing this is a bit more involved and so Paid Character Transfers will no longer be launching with 2.2. This is entirely subject to change as we work through it, but the next likely launch target is 2.2.1. I apologize for the delay on this, I know many of you were looking forward to transferring your characters this week. We will get it out as soon as we can!

-eric

It is FINALLY coming!

I agree this has been too long in the making.

• 7 months later...
Can't find any new info. Did this ever happen or did it get shelved?

Yeah this is old news, you can transfer here on the site in the account area there will be a server transfer clickable on the left side. Works pretty well too