So when are the Republic space station getting shoot down?

oleost

Last time I looked we already have 'home' planets as you put it. Dromund Kass for the Imperials and Coruscant for the Republic.

Well, those are kinda useless. Since you need to get to fleet to do any sort of operations, pickup daily missions, etc.

I wouldn't mind if they just modified Coruscant or another planet, with a new area that have everything one need.

So as the title ask, would be great with a new "home" planet soon. Kinda abit booring with the old space station.

Requests like these makes me doubt if we ever deserve nice things. Fleets are among the few truly grand, reasonably unique ideas on TOR that work great in conceptual level. Fleet(s) offers an exceptionally credible and atmospheric setting for everything a " racial capital" in MMO is supposed to be. Every now and then, you come across someone saying " but I want stormwiiind:(:(:;(" on Forums. Makes me want to stab my eye.

Stop disliking things that are awesome:l **** sake;p

....Little sloppy work with Fleets' layout is entirely another matter. It doesn't mean Fleets' concept weren't rock solid and heart of gold though.

No other MMO has given such a credible, atmospheric and 'logical' place for LFGing, departing for raids, meeting fellow adventurers, etc etc.

Having said all that, for love of god BW, please..

...Hire person not colorblind to re-design colors of Pubblet Fleet.

... Give them more profile. Too static, too samey,

.... Try making the capital ship armada of Republic even a tiny weee bit less dïckless.

Edited by Stradlin

Requests like these makes me doubt if we ever deserve nice things. Fleets are among the few truly grand, reasonably unique ideas on TOR that work great in conceptual level. Fleet(s) offers an exceptionally credible and atmospheric setting for everything a " racial capital" in MMO is supposed to be. Every now and then, you come across someone saying " but I want stormwiiind:(:(:;(" on Forums. Makes me want to stab my eye.

Stop disliking things that are awesome:l **** sake;p

....Little sloppy work with Fleets' layout is entirely another matter. It doesn't mean Fleets' concept weren't rock solid and heart of gold though.

No other MMO has given such a credible, atmospheric and 'logical' place for LFGing, departing for raids, meeting fellow adventurers, etc etc.

Having said all that, for love of god BW, please..

...Hire person not colorblind to re-design colors of Pubblet Fleet.

... Give them more profile. Too static, too samey,

.... Try making the capital ship armada of Republic even a tiny weee bit less dïckless.

Its not that I dislike the fleet, but changes are good.

Its like the operations, its not that I dislike the old ones and thats the reason for wanting new ones. Its just that you get tired of them and want something new.

Its not that I dislike the fleet, but changes are good.

Its like the operations, its not that I dislike the old ones and thats the reason for wanting new ones. Its just that you get tired of them and want something new.

When you have something good, you either stick with it or improve (on) it. You don't get rid of it for sake of change alone. Fleets are a very good concept.

Nobody disparages the fleets because of their functionality or even their space setting.

Me personally I find them too functional. Too utilitarian. Not enough imaginative. Bland. A circle without a soul. Yes it's probably the most practical faction hub you can ask for. Well not the capital ships themselves, they're a pain. Who the heck puts a chasm in a ship. I mean wth. :p

But bottom line is.... it's a donut in space with portals. It's not inspiring, not something your eye can rest on, you get no homey feel from it.... and to rub it in it's exactly the same for both factions. You can tell the fleet was made at the 11th hour when capital planets were found to be lacking, probably because they had even bigger fps issues with a crowd than fleets at launch.

Edited by aeterno

Nobody disparages the fleets because of their functionality or even their space setting.

Me personally I find them too functional. Too utilitarian. Not enough imaginative. Bland. A circle without a soul. Yes it's probably the most practical faction hub you can ask for. Well not the capital ships themselves, they're a pain. Who the heck puts a chasm in a ship. I mean wth. :p

But bottom line.... is it's a donut in space with portals. It's not inspiring, not something your eye can rest on, you get no homey feel from it.... and to rub it in it's exactly the same for both factions. You can tell the fleet was made at the 11th hour when capital planets were found to be lacking, probably because they had even bigger fps issues with a crowd than fleets at launch.

..It is credible. TOR has always been much "harder" scifi than original StaWa. Space station with circular shape makes a highly sense making and, again, atmospheric thing. It is something you have very easy time believing in. I fully agree they are boring, bland and in all ways have way too little exiting, profilic things going on though..

....Which is an issue more or less everything in TOR shares, really. People responsible of filling the world with content, life, things that makes us arch an eyebrow, stuff that 'takes us there' weren't very inspired.

Not sure if serious.

Instead of being your useful self by posting void of content memes, you could always try using your own voice and actually say something.

TOR and extended universe as a whole has always been much less fantasy and much more scifi than StaWa of Lucas. It is pretty much inevitable..extended universe by design seeking to increase depth of something with surface already present.

Edited by Stradlin