Putting War Hero Gear Mods into Legacy Exalted Gear

Berekkerent

Hi everyone,

I was planning to get war hero gear soon for my Jedi Guardian. I was excited at first, until I saw what it looked like. :eek: Then I found the guardian exalted gear for Legacy and it looked way better, and I am going to buy it.

But my question is, can you put war hero mods into your legacy gear? If so what are the downsides to this? Can you still add an augment slot?

There's no down side with War Hero pieces. War Hero gear has the set bonuses attached to the Armoring, so if you move it to any other moddable armor (including legacy pieces) the set bonus will still be active. Any gear below War Hero (or Campaign) has the set bonus tied to the armor shell, so when you pull out the bits the set bonus remains behind.

You can move all your War Hero armor guts to good looking things and still be 100% as effective as if you just wear it straight from the vendor. You can add an augment slot to anything as well, so no worries there either.

• 6 months later...
Yes. This is how you can mail WH gear to any of your characters.

As for augments, buy an Augment Kit Mk-6 and go to a Workbench with 30k on you, then select what you want to augment.

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I have a question about that. I have a level 50 gunslinger who can get the war hero gear for a different class ( in my case a vanguard). So I remove the mods from the trooper war hero gear and put them into a legacy gear and mail it to him. But where to get the legacy gear? Is it the one avaiable on Coruscant/Dromund Kaas that you buy with credits? My Smuggler can not buy legacy gear for another class than smuggler?

Edit: Do I have to buy the legacy exalted gear with my trooper, mail it to the smuggler, add mods and mail it back?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Gorastor

Sorry for bumping this thread, but I have a question about that. I have a level 50 gunslinger who can get the war hero gear for a different class ( in my case a vanguard). So I remove the mods from the trooper war hero gear and put them into a legacy gear and mail it to him. But where to get the legacy gear? Is it the one avaiable on Coruscant/Dromund Kaas that you buy with credits? My Smuggler can not buy legacy gear for another class than smuggler?

Edit: Do I have to buy the legacy exalted gear with my trooper, mail it to the smuggler, add mods and mail it back?

Thanks in advance.

yes that's how you go about it if you have'nt gotten any adaptive legacy armor

Edited by hallucigenocide

Thanks in advance.

You can put the mods in any legacy gear your Smuggler can buy/has, mod it and then send it to your VG. The VGcan take the mods out of whatever they are in and put them into something else. They only have to be in legacy gear to go in the mail. Once the alt receives it he can treat as his/her own piece of gear and remod it as you see fit.

Please take note: Most armorings are bound to specific slots (Chest, Leggings, etc), so be sure to have all Legacy pieces you need if you plan to move armorings as well.

*This doesn't apply to enhancements/mods...just throwing that out for armorings.

:D

Edited by Pistols-GS

and if the armouring are slot bound (a chest armouring is only useful in a chest) remember that you cant do anything about waist and wrists, there is no armouring to pull out of the items and you can use one from a different piece.

and if the armouring are slot bound (a chest armouring is only useful in a chest) remember that you cant do anything about waist and wrists, there is no armouring to pull out of the items and you can use one from a different piece.

I already posted that, read above.

Can you use this with adaptive gear too? I thought it was ONLY legacy?

adaptive legacy armor

I already posted that, read above.

I did read it but you didn't specifically mention belts and bracers which you cant get an armouring for, I wasn't trying to repeat what you said just augment it :) so someone didnt waste money on a legacy belt/bracers

thanks for link on adaptive

I did read it but you didn't specifically mention belts and bracers which you cant get an armouring for, I wasn't trying to repeat what you said just augment it :) so someone didnt waste money on a legacy belt/bracers

thanks for link on adaptive

Tis why I put "most", I figured most understood there were no armorings in PvP bracers/belts lol.

No worries. ;)

Edited by Pistols-GS

actually the adaptive is not definitively answered afaics, the implication is it works the same way as legacy, is that right?

Adaptive armor, at least regular adaptive armor, doesn't work like Legacy armor as it binds on equip (so it can't be mailed). I was unsure if the Legacy armor was adaptive (been 6+ months since I purchased), so I figured that was what he was referring to.