It really does make no sence...

Unchainedboar

The way they handle it leads to 'false advertising with fraud suspicion'.

But we all know how it is.

Anybody who thinks this is the case needs to get over it. They're letting people in 7 days early right now when they only promised "up to 5." Nothing here even remotely resembles false advertising or fraud. It's just a bunch of people whining over nothing like spoiled kids.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, i understand.

There's 106 servers at my last count. Just seems the numbers given early access so far is pretty paltry at best. What was the point of stressing the servers over the Weekend Beta tests if they're just going to play it safe?

Because that is how they play it safe. Better safe than sorry. And the more safe, the less sorry.

You shouldn't be mad (or whatever you are), you should be happy you got to test the Thanksgiving weekend and that they are giving you EGA.

why they cant tell us when we will be getting in so i dont have to sit here waiting...

ik i dont have to blah blah

It does make sense actually, given some people's general sense of entitlement and "ME,ME,ME" attitude could you imagine if BioWare had said ok if you preordered on this week you will get early access on Day X and Time Y and they had unexpected delays meeting those times? The aforementioned people would be up in arms, setting fire to the forums and calling for blood.

BioWare played it safe and smart and is staggering in the early access to avoid issues like this.

Point of clarification: I am not saying the OP or anyone that posts in this thread is one of those people.

Early access was a sales point and was advertised/promised when buying so yes they have to give early access. The way their handling it on the other hand leaves much to be desired in my opinion.

Actually, the sales point was "up to five days early". So, let's see, we are currently at 6+ days early and they fulfill their "promise" if they let you in 10 minutes early. Really people, are you incapable of understanding? Get over it. They will email you when they know your start time.

And it is not sence, it is sense.

Edited by Girochen

I shall aim the same "reading" comment back at you fella.

No where did I accuse him personally of whining.

I said "people" will whine which is what they have been doing since the forums came up and over on Twitter.

If you read allot of the post/threads, Sir, most of them make reference to the way in which notification is being handled. Not the amount of time for access. If you making statement, 'people', you have indeed labeled the OP as whining. Or is he not a person?

That's how the business bureau labeled it when I contacted them. They have received many complaints. 'The law UP TO' does not cover when money changes hand. As soon as they took a payment, the word UP TO means nothing. They have an obligation to define out the terms of the contract. This includes date and times of condition. The agency didn't think being told a time frame over a week was proper. I made my peace. If enough complain, Bioware will have to make theres.

Except they haven't taken your money yet and won't until the 20th. If a company has then you need to contact the BBB about THEM and not Bioware.

Except they haven't taken your money yet and won't until the 20th. If a company has then you need to contact the BBB about THEM and not Bioware.

Umm, the second I 'charged' my visa, the money came off my Visa. So yes, they did take a payment. And yes, I have bought and paid for the game already. I have a 3 month old visa statement. I'am not sure what your talking about.

Edited by Mannce

Early access was a sales point and was advertised/promised when buying so yes they have to give early access. The way their handling it on the other hand leaves much to be desired in my opinion.

Sounds like you are just whining because you haven't received early access yet. If you were that concerned about it you should have pre-ordered the first day the game went on sale, you'd be in by now.

Umm, the second I 'charged' my visa, the money came off my Visa. So yes, they did take a payment. And yes, I have bought and paid for the game already. I have a 3 month old visa statement. I'am not sure what your talking about.

If they charged you more than 5 dollars then you need to contact whoever you bought it from.

You may want to look at your next statement. It's normal for a charge to come in when you pre-order, but it's then refunded. None of the authorized retailers (at least in the U.S.) charged in full for pre-orders, and they won't until it ships.

I'm not sure what you're talking about because I've only been charged $5 since July and won't see the full amount charged until next month. Did you order the CE? That might be why you were charged full amount up front.

I just got the digital copy and put $5 down and haven't paid anything since.

If they charged you more than 5 dollars then you need to contact whoever you bought it from.

umm, no I don't. Because I paid in full day one through origins. I even have a confirmation email of purchase from both origins and visa. I think you need to go re-read your sale log. They only thing that won't get charged is your 30 days prior to the free 30 days. You are quite mistaken.

If you read allot of the post/threads, Sir, most of them make reference to the way in which notification is being handled. Not the amount of time for access. If you making statement, 'people', you have indeed labeled the OP as whining. Or is he not a person?

Well said, my good sir.

umm, no I don't. Because I paid in full day one through origins. I even have a confirmation email of purchase from both origins and visa. I think you need to go re-read your sale log. They only thing that won't get charged is your 30 days prior to the free 30 days. You are quite mistaken.

What people are trying to say is that we did not get charged the full amount when we pre-ordered. And yes, I've re-read my sales log plenty of times, still only see a $5 charge. So what are you going to tell us we did wrong next?

I'm not sure what you're talking about because I've only been charged $5 since July and won't see the full amount charged until next month. Did you order the CE? That might be why you were charged full amount up front.

I just got the digital copy and put $5 down and haven't paid anything since.

Then that'st he option you choose, the 5 dollars down. I paid in full. As have most of my clients. 5 dollars down was a scam to get those uncertain, hooked. Age old gaming marketing ploy. EB Games/Gamestop has been doing it for over a decade.

Yes, but that money went not to BioWare, so shush. It went to the store you bought it from. That's what he was trying to say.

You are right. In that case why are people still complaining the early access that was advertised was for 5 days not 7. Even when changed when you bought the pre-order it still said 5 days. And also it said " UP TO" that again still means it can be 1 day early access and you still would gain access to what the advertised/promised.

I think you need to check your credit card statements again. Yes I have that sales log and email but I've only been charged $5 for my retainer. If they charged you more then you need to contact them, they can't charge you full price for something that for all intents and purposes, does not exist yet.

Then that'st he option you choose, the 5 dollars down. I paid in full. As have most of my clients. 5 dollars down was a scam to get those uncertain, hooked. Age old gaming marketing ploy. EB Games/Gamestop has been doing it for over a decade.

You're just full of nonsense.

Yes, but that money went not to BioWare, so shush. It went to the store you bought it from. That's what he was trying to say.

You mean it went to EA's Origins. Listen folks, you can pay in full anytime you want. I just logged into my Origin's account. Paid in full. Just because you had and 'option' to only put 5 dollars down. I didn't see the need, the price of the game is about 1/2 an hour's pay for me.

Holding a visa statement for July, Charged 79.99$ by Electronic Arts, by choice. Learn to read.

You mean it went to EA's Origins. Listen folks, you can pay in full anytime you want. I just logged into my Origin's account. Paid in full. Just because you had and 'option' to only put 5 dollars down. I didn't see the need, the price of the game is about 1/2 an hour's pay for me.

Holding a visa statement for July, Charged 79.99$ by Electronic Arts, by choice. Learn to read.

And Origins is not BioWare. Yes BioWare is under EA, but it's not the same as EA nor Origins.