Best support class?

Fullerfamily

Assuming you had a tank & healer, what is the third class to the party for support?

I am thinking Mercenary/Commando with the DPS, Armor debuff (mid-tree), and awesome CC.

Any thoughts?

Thats probably a good class to go with if you want a more group supportive DPS. CC, heals, heavy armor lets you take a few hits if you need to, debuffs. Plus pretty good DPS lol.

Not sure what kind of stuns/snares Comm/Merc get if any, but you could potentially be a decent kiter if your tank goes down(though I think Sorc/Sage is better at kiting).

Sentinels have excellent utility. When specced Watchman(which they should be as that's the best spec)their Zen provides group healing. They can also use Trascendence for group speed and defense increase and Inspiration for group damage increase. They also have excellent defensive cooldowns to the point where they can basically tank bosses in emergency situations if the tank dies. In HM D7 as a Sentinel I had to basically tank a boss when our tank died around 20% HP and me and the healer two manned the last 20%.

Sentinels have excellent utility. When specced Watchman(which they should be as that's the best spec)their Zen provides group healing.

Not contesting the group healing, but I dunno about it being their best spec. Combat/Carnage (for marauders) is also really good, and should be comparable to Watchman/Annihilation.

Also that group healing is only like 1% of max HP every tic. It's not bad, but it's not super awesome either. Sents/marauders are much more useful for Inspiration/Bloodthirst, which cannot be used at the same time as Zen (has a longer cooldown though, so whatever) and can be used by any of the three specs.

Try not to say stuff like that unless there's concrete proof. Without damage meters or combat logs, nobody knows yet.

Edited by TrollBerzerker