What is a role-playing server?

EllieAnne

Well, not necessarily. Roleplaying servers do often attract players who like to roleplay, however. While a few players might spontaneously roleplay with strangers they meet while out questing, a lot of the roleplay (if you're looking to roleplay) is probably going to be organized by guilds, and guilds that like to roleplay are going to be found more often on roleplaying servers. Roleplaying servers also tend to have stricter naming rules than regular servers. This is to the best of my knowledge, but I'm not a roleplayer and different games might do roleplaying servers differently, so I might be incorrect on some of the specifics.

No one ever breaks character for any reason?

It's more that they're actually in character some of the time, with some never breaking character and others only being in character rarely if at all.

In WoW RP servers were supposed to have extra rules about names, and OOC chat, but those were never enforced.

The difference between a RP server and normal, is you'll find more RP'ers on the RP server then you would otherwise. But not everyone on one actually RP's.

There's all levels of Roleplayers on the servers, from those who never break character, to those who like to get together and RP from time to time, but want a higher chance of not dumb names.

If you ask a legit question in broadcast or something like that you won't get fileted or anything (usually).