Why do you play the faction and class that you do?

Toaan

The title says it all. There's probably lots of these threads already, but I thought I'd start a new one anyway. I'll start: I play as a sith assassin, lightside. I find being a almost good guy on the bad side kinda intriguing (I know it's not really that black and white, both sides have their problems, but still.), a dark hero if you will. Many of the light side choices on the empire side is still something I'd say is evil, but that's okay, since I can choose to spare the weak scientist that helped me, and stuff like that. I've also heard that empire has a higher population, and I, perhaps being utterly wrong, believe that increases chances of winning in pvp. And most of the bgs I've been in the empire won. My assassin is only 29 though, so I don't know about high level pvp. Sorry for the long post. Also, lightning=win. Yessir.

I play Republic side, my main is a Shadow and I have all four Jedi classes, a Guardian at 34 and a Sentinel and Sage both at 19. In addition I have a 45 Commando.

I play Republic side because ever since I was a kid I always loved the Jedi, from the very first time I saw Star Wars (I absolutely refuse to call the original movie anything other than Star Wars, yeah I'm that old). When we finally got to see Yoda fight, all those years after first seeing him on screen and even though the fight was maybe 90 seconds long it was absolutely amazing. I remember the entire theater freaking out. Just seeing any Jedi fight is so ******.

In a lot of games I liked playing the bad guy, but in Star Wars I love being totally Light side. I've got a couple of Imperial characters, but I don't have much of a desire to play them for a while, which in the long run is good because if I ever exhaust all the Republic content I have the other side to play.

Sith assassin, as dark as black.

I don't know what to say, I actually support the republic (he he, well I USED too...), but being a sith inquisitor was my dream since my friend showed me a star wars magazine back in 2007! It was actually back then when all inquisitors where aloud to have double blades- back before advanced classes.

I tried Jedi knight, because I read In a book (star wars the old republic: revan) and it told me bout the story, and I just instantly re-fell in love with inquisitor.

Sorry republic.

I play mainly on the republic. My main is a jedi Knight full lightside and I have a bounty hunter(The only reason I have a character on the imperial side) and he is neutral. Also a full lightside shadow. That is it.

I was going to roll Republic at launch, but I knew several people who were rolling Imperial. So I decided to roll Imperial as well. I enjoy playing good and noble characters, so everyone of my 50s has been Light Side so far (Warrior, Inquisitor, Agent).

Now most of my friends have departed, so I am playing Republic.

In all the TOR games I absolutely love experiencing the game from all aspects: light, dark, male, and female.

Yet despite that, I always enjoy plaing Light Side Jedi.

However out of the classes I've tried so far, Sith Inquisitor is my favorite. I think I really "fell" for the class when you're in the Korriban jails to interrogate that acolyte under Inquisitor Zyn's supervision.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SI: "Cover your ears. This could get a little loud."

Zyn: "Thank you for that but I prefer to cherish every scream."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SI: "What? No more torture? Aw, but I was only getting started."

Zyn: "I know, I know, it's so difficult to stop once you've started..."

Yep. That's when I "fell" for the class