Into the pit

Miffy

I'm level 21 and it is meant to be a solo quest but the broodmaster and her zerglings are impossible to do even with your pet. Just wondering if I'm missing something? This class has seemed so underpowered compared to the other two I play.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you an assassin or sorceror? I finished that questline last night at lvl 20 on my Sorc and didn't have any problem. Had Khem tank, and just sat back and nuked. Adds die in one shot, so they weren't a problem. I did have to heal Khem a couple times, but was never in any danger of dying...

Are you an assassin or sorceror? I finished that questline last night at lvl 20 on my Sorc and didn't have any problem. Had Khem tank, and just sat back and nuked. Adds die in one shot, so they weren't a problem. I did have to heal Khem a couple times, but was never in any danger of dying...

this was my experience as well, and I also did it around lvl 21 (I think I actually hit 22 after turn in)

I wonder if it might be easier as an assassin with druid as companion? I hear he's the healing option.

I'm an Assassin and I am not using that droid, I refuse to until they let me shut him up.

All that keeps happening is the Mutant dies as I cannot heal him and then everything goes on me and I die. Speaking to other people they've had problems as my class too. I would come back in a few more levels but the quest log limit is too low and mine is full so I need to get it out the way.

Wondering if any Assassins had any tactics?

Make sure you save electrocute for the period when the brood mother and broodlings are both there. Use it on the broodmother to keep her out of the fight while you finish off the broodlings. Make sure you order your companion to attack the broodlings as well, he can sometimes get a bit slappy happy and break your stun.

Charge into the broodlings, throw out an AE knockback, stun one with shock. then quickly burn down the rest (kill the one you stunned with shock last).

Important - even when the broodmother comes out of stun, carry on killing the broodlings. Combined they have a much higher dps then her but they die really, really quickly.

In between broodling swarms kick the crap out of the broodmother.

That's it really. If it takes you more than three broodling spawns to kill the broodmother, or if your companion can't tank for that long then you need to invest in some better gear for the both of you.

I did this first try, but my companion went down right after the third broodling swarm just as I was finishing off the broodmother. It was a tad close because I ballsed up and didn't electrocute the broodmother on the first cycle (I was countering fight mechanics on the fly)

Edited by Nicholai_Pestot

I FUBAR'ed my first try against the broodmother as an Assassin (hurray for standing in a puddle of burning goo - I just thought her damage output was through the roof, but it turns out 6 stacks of goo will kill you no matter what you're fighting). But I had just hit 20 before entering the lair and had learned Channel the Force (that wonderful 20-minute cooldown ability that heals yourself and your companion and resets the cooldown on Electrocute). If you use that the fight is ridiculously easy.

I had trouble with my level 20 sorcerer the first time I did this also. Just make sure you enable channel the force and when the little bugs come out take them out as quick as possible. The main boss really isn't that strong and the little ones are what will kill you quick if you let them swarm you.

I tried to get into a group to do it of 3 but it seems like it is single player only. So we were all doing it solo and still in the group and them two died at level 19 and 20 and tried a few times before giving up. I did it at level 22 this time and it was still really hard and my pet died but got it done.

I used dark charge and guard on the pet and he has that skill that stays on forever to give him 100% threat. So I thought even with Dark Charge and guard on he's still generating like 30% more threat I think it was. Anyways in combat he was still getting all the mobs on him so I'm guessing due to my guard he was getting less damage too.

As assassin I have no heals but channel the force (which I think should be available without a pet active) and a med pack for myself. So I knew he was going to die but he didn't go down till all the little mobs and she was down to like 5% health so that was good.

The problem I face with our CC is we only have one useful one in combat and that is whirlwind, but that has a 2 second cast time and the game just has too many interrupts. We have one but it requires stealth and if you use that then it all goes evade and they go back up to full health so it is pointless. The other thing is no stun works on elite mobs so basically the whole class strategy is thrown out of the window for me. The only thing you can do to elites is try to tank them because stealth doesn't work on them either.

I hate the class, I think it is utter ****.

Playing Bounty Hunter I just *********** own everything and can solo Heroic quests with ease :\ Yet most of the Assassin's abilities are made completely useless with elites mobs.

Any ways I've done it and they need to reduce the difficulty of the quest as I've asked a lot of people in game and they all struggled with it. It shouldn't be a requirement for Assassin's to have to use med packs for story quests.

I had issues with this quest too.. I was probably in the 19-21 range when I did it. It took me about 4 attempts before finally completing it as Tank Assassin with Khem Val. If I remember correctly I let Khem tank while I took out the adds as fast as possible. Also use the AOE knockback (forget the name) as much as possible. The stun alone helps a bit as well as clearing the aggro off of you or Khem for a few seconds. I also have BioChem as my crew skill so I was using a purple medpack that healed both me and Khem at the same time.

It definitely is a difficult fight for the level range you can get it. The key is controlling the adds.

I'm an Assassin and I am not using that droid, I refuse to until they let me shut him up.

All that keeps happening is the Mutant dies as I cannot heal him and then everything goes on me and I die. Speaking to other people they've had problems as my class too. I would come back in a few more levels but the quest log limit is too low and mine is full so I need to get it out the way.

Wondering if any Assassins had any tactics?

Suck it up and use the droid. It's the only way without bringing a friend or being seriously over leveled.

sounds like a L2P experience. I had zero trouble doing this quest as well. Take a look at your strategy or your gear.

My suggestion is sit back.. study your abilities. Your spec. Adjust your play style accordingly.

FYI -- Madness is better for leveling.

This one kicked my butt a few times. It ended up being easy once I actually thought about what to do.

Let Khem tank, and keep him on the boss. You're on heals and add duty. Honestly, you probably don't even need to dps the boss at all - just keep Khem up. When the adds come, take them out asap. Once they're gone, it's back to healing Khem, and dpsing the boss when you can.

You don't need any stims or medpacks. Just focus on healing Khem, and taking out the adds, and it'll be easy.

This is as a sorc. I did it at level 19.

I've tried 7, count 'em, 7 times now as a lvl 20 sorcerer. Maybe i'm a terrible mouse clicker, but i don't feel like i'm taking out the little ones as fast as i need to. seems like the initial entrance to the cave is the easiest attempt, as the brood queen lady girl doesn't have a swarm of broodlings around her yet. After medical droid revival, she starts with a few hanging out in the pen with her, which is awfully annoying. can't seem to get a leg up on this one, and i just threw some things across the room which means i'm too annoyed to play. last quest to move on, and now i just feel stuck.

I almost got it without any stim as a lvl 19 assassin (because I had none in my backpack:( ).

I tried with the robot but the healing it does is minimal.

Stop answering that it's an easy quest as Sorceror... it makes me sad about my class!

Suck it up and use the droid. It's the only way without bringing a friend or being seriously over leveled.

I did it as an Assassin on the Deception tree, at lvl 21, and with Khem Val, Khem died at the end, but the damned bug was low on health and I killed him.

I did die the first try, but in the second one I managed to kill him with the tanking stance and using Discharge (AOE on that stance) and the other AOE (I can't remember the ability name right now) to kill the adds quickly.

Sorry about my terrible english xD

I did this on lvl 19, assasin tanking build. I pulled the boss to corridor and tanked it there, I used khems taunt and mine to bounce aggro.

When the first adds came I used dark charges AOE and the "bomb" thingy that knokcdowns enemy and killed adds while Khem was tanking the boss.

After adds killed I popped medkit and taunted boss. Then it was just pewpewpew.. second spawn didn't come to corridor so I pretty much just sliced the boss.

No cooldowns nor stims used... And my companion didn't die. I was actually pretty suprized to see this thread here I thought it was easy at lvl 19.

I also have tried this quest a bunch of time have not been able to complete the swarms have buffs that increase damage also. Not sure what I'm going to do may just start somethng else if i can not compete a class quest.

pull her all the way back to the base of the shaft.

the adds spawn back at the pits and take forever to reach you, you'll only need to deal with one swarm probably.

even faster if you save the poison barrel at the bottom and use it on the adds when they pop.

Edited by malaclyps

Also, if you wiped and you come back and there is adds. Whirlwind the boss, kill the adds. Put your companion on follow, shock the boss and then run to the entrance of the tunnel.

BLOW. HER. THE. ****. UP.

People say she spawns them at 25% intervals. But when i pulled her to the back i got her to roughly 30% before she summoned adds. Then i just put shield on me and khem. and syayed on boss. When the adds were close id overload to knock them back.

I stunned boss on CD. And Recklessness on CD. You may need to heal khem sometimes. Which shouldn't be an issue with this strat considering for 70% of the fight you are only dealing with the boss.