To the new SWTOR players...

ApplesOfDyscord

Been playing this a while now, and since I started space missions, and found out more about particular parts of SWOR, mainly techie stuff, and work arounds to make my charactor and and companion more effective and durable, its hard to get me out of the Chair.

But, I do find, the younger players, and the more experienced ones, need to learn p\atience ( good old Obi Quote), silver surfers, who, like me, Are doing our best, but, Im not really understanding group fighting missions, except in warzones, I get kicked from groups, because No one bothers to take me through the ropes on what to do.

the guild i joined, did the same, kicked me from a group they made, because I got lost. Now no one chats to me any longer, and I cant leave the guild as I cant? The command don't work to leave the guild, so im stuck in it forever it seems, sent a ticket, about it, but all I got back was an automated message saying read forums, What happened to live Mods that were in WoW? I helped a guy out today, but I was blocked from following him into the main end mission area, thus i couldnt do anything to help. needless to say he perished, and he was quite abusive and said fuu, so I dont join in any groups any longer, I keep myself to myself, along with my ships droid and companion. Noobs are never liked or helped in guilds or groups, they expect you know everything, and they often forget they were noobs once.

Otherwise very happy with game play and missions, some lag at times, but not a great deal so far. Next week upgrading my old 19inch fujitsu Monitor to a 22inch HD Widescreen, (my easter treat :) ) so hoping for even better looking game, than on this old screen with some dead pixels. Already pre orded the new Hutt digital download, as Im a huge Hutt fan :D

Hi Taylor not sure what command you tried to use to leave the guild but just to be sure did you try /gquit hope this helps

I have been playing for three weeks. I like the game for the most part. I started over completely once because I didn't like the server. I have tried out a few classes to level 20 and have decided to stick with the Jedi Knight.

The only negative I would bother speaking on is the time spent in finding a group. I guess that is the time I should be focused on crafting to pass the time. On a side note: It is not so much fun having waited a half hour or so to get into a group to only be kicked out, even before the start of the mission, because you are too low level (even though you are in the required range for the mission)

I hear you, same issue here. I also found the environment not very new player friendly ( also I do not care how unfriendly other games are, I don't play them). I think it would be good to add a casual only option to group finder

I'm really glad to see new players posting comments about starting the game and loving it! I see so much "this game is dead, blah blah blah" nonsense on Facebook/Twitter/etc that it's nice to see people picking up the game and enjoying it.

I've been playing for almost a year now. Started with a Mercenary, and I was on Voss (around lvl 45) before someone invited me to a guild - I really hadn't done much group quests before that! Playing is way more fun with an active guild. I probably would have quit the game after hitting 50 with my merc if I hadn't found my guild. A year later, I'm still having a blast with my fellow guildies, doing PVP, lvl 50 flashpoints and operations, and currently leveling an assassin cause they are so much fun to play.

Group finder can definitely be a little unforgiving if you don't know the flashpoint/operation, and it bugs the crap out of me when people say they're looking for someone to do XYZ Op, "Please know fights." Well how the heck is anyone supposed to know the fights if they've never done it? And warzones.... oh man there's nothing like screwing up in a warzone to get yelled at! LOL

So for those of you running solo (or in a guild that ignores you), try a guild! (Or a different one) There are a lot out there! Some guilds are huge and it's easy to get lost in them, other guilds are hardcore and want only experienced players. But there are a lot of guilds that are fun, casual, and love helping new players. So try one out, if you don't like it type /gquit in your message window and find another one!

Have fun everyone, and Long live the Empire! :)

:D I'm so glad so many people have replied to this! Just a little update I lvl my Fem Sith Inquis to 31 (i believe lol) I'm having a blast and its really addicting. I just started doing space missions myself after i figured out how to equip my ship properly. Ive met so many kind people on the General chat, and kind players who have helped me in a few missions! Ive discovered the GTN and all its glory!!

(STAY AWAY!! Its Severely addicting!! Once you buy that first item you cant stop!!! LOL)

I am more confident in talking on the Gen Chat, and I am confident in my playing too.

Although I still like to do Solo runs soon I might do the HEROIC Mission and FP's I see player advertise. Right now however I avoid them. I feel a bit guilty because I haven't touched my Bounty Hunter OR Smuggler since Ive been playing. ( I WILL get to them I promise.... just not right now... lol) All in all this has been a good experience!

~Apples :wea_03::jawa_angel: Come to the DarkSide... We have cookies!!

I've been playing for about 5 months now, but I'm still a noob. I haven't gotten any character to 50, I think my highest level one is 27. I like the republic side more, feels like where I would want to live irl. My "main" if you can call it that is a trooper, and I really like her. I also like the jedi consular and knight. There are a lot of things in this game that are not obvious to a new player, even just finding out which stats are for my character... it's not posted anywhere that I could find, so I've been guessing. I also haven't done any FPs except with the one friend I know irl who plays. I'm too worried about not knowing what I'm doing and causing a wipe. But I love this game, and am really looking forward to the expansion.

I've been playing for about 5 months now, but I'm still a noob. I haven't gotten any character to 50, I think my highest level one is 27. I like the republic side more, feels like where I would want to live irl. My "main" if you can call it that is a trooper, and I really like her. I also like the jedi consular and knight. There are a lot of things in this game that are not obvious to a new player, even just finding out which stats are for my character... it's not posted anywhere that I could find, so I've been guessing. I also haven't done any FPs except with the one friend I know irl who plays. I'm too worried about not knowing what I'm doing and causing a wipe. But I love this game, and am really looking forward to the expansion.

if you hover your mouse over each individual stat, it will show you what they do for your toon. but in general, the main stats are...

strength - warrior/knight

aim - trooper/bounty hunter

cunning - smuggler/imperial agent

willpower - consular/inquisitor

and as far as knowing what to do in flashpoints, this guide should help you.

Sorry havent been in Community as much As I would Like, just to say about the Command for quitting a guild, its /Gquit - not - /gquit. Its uppercase "G", cos when I found that out I was able to leave the one I was in. /gquit don't work for me, but /Gquit does? I enjoy the warzones, and it gives me Pvp rewards to purchase better gear.

I hardly do group missions now, to much hassle, But I do sometimes latch on to a single, trying to finish "Enemies of the republic", or similar. I batter the opposition , and let the player finish off the main character, to get the item.

Now up to lvl 27, and three companions as female Ltn Trooper, some mission ends are getting quite tough, especially "Sith Inquisitors charactors", Who tend to freeze me for almost 20 seconds, and then knock me over!!:mad:

Got to love Elara my new Companion, she likes to quote me regulations, and is a bit feisty at times, But shes great to have along side, and has good healing powers. How do you find Elara as a companion Guys?

Still loving my Star wars Experiance:)