Most FUN class to play (Discussion)

vertigofm

IA Sniper for me so far.

Awesome story keeps it interesting, the planet quests fit the character as well because being given quests by Imperials actually makes sense when you are an Imperial yourself and on top of that the DPS is out of this world (And get better the higher you level!).

I also really like the companions, though once you get Doc you never really need any others. On Belsavis so far (Level 40) and very much enjoying it :)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are so many differing opinions here that its a good sign that the classes are pretty balanced and all of them have something for somebody.

For me personally, having played 4 classes to high level, I say sorcerer has the absolute worst story. Warrior has best followed by bounty hunter.

My hybrid dps sorcerer is however, when properly pve geared, my most capable and fun to play character in pve, despite having relatively short attack rotation. My marauder is also great fun and really complex to play well, particularly in pvp. I agree with beforementioned powertechs aesthetic appeal.

Well actually i read almost every post. I found that most people find Jedi Knight Sentinel very born and Bland in every aspect. Then there is the Bounty Hunter Merc that alot dont like haha.

I find it funny how people are taking "which class is most fun to play" as which has the best story line lol.

I find I have most fun playing Shadow/Assassin cause I like backstabbing. Although I've recently started a Vanguard and I've found that gameplay to be quite fun, though it's a little too OP for my tastes I think.

So I do like playing Shadow most, but I can't stand the voice acting for those characters :<. And I hate being Zash's ***** for Act 1 on the Empire side >.<.

Personally, I'd have to say that my favorite class to play as so far is the Mercenary Bounty Hunter. I'm only Level 16 at the moment with her, but I'm loving the playstyle and PvP is just awesome with her! Now, I saw a few people saying that Mercs were ****** in PvP on a different thread but I do pretty decently with one...until the enemy notices I'm there. Then I'm f*cked.

Back on topic though, my second favorite is definitely the Jedi Shadow. I have him up to 35 right now (I know, I suck but I have a fiance and a life so I can't play ALL the time) and I love the Rogue-ish playstyle mixed with the capability to tank rather well. Shadows aren't so bad in PvP either from my experience. I'll have to play some more matches and see how things go.

I find the Sith Sorcerer to be the most fun to play with Mercenary being second.

Jedi Guardian I thought was boring and found myself rushing to get him to 50 so I could just be done with him. I just started a Sith Marauder and am enjoying it more than the Jedi Guardian.

For simply fun factor I would have to say my gunslingersniper (prefer agent story by far but gunslingers are just more "slick" than snipers) tops all others I've played.

They are simply just hella fun. I enjoy the tactical aspect of them. No other class is so dependent on choice of engagement and all of their builds are enjoyable. Every time I start playing a melee class I find it comes down to: Get into melee ... faceroll keyboard ... run around like a maniac.

Gunslinger/snipers require 360 degree, 40m+ awareness and perfect choice set up which I enjoy. Many times I have realized that I lost a fight entirely based upon where I decided to engage from and from rotation choices. Someone might kill me easily and then next fight I kill them more easily simply because of tactical choices. Few classes have this extra layer of complexity. Perhaps frustrating to some, I find it interesting and enjoyable. As well, of all the classes, they seem to be good from their collection of abilities and least reliant on 1 or 2 gimmick powers which so many other classes completely rely upon.

Edited by Tamanous

IMO, The Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer Madness is by FAR the most class to play...

I have played every class and advanced class one for each side, and The SI Sorcerer is on the top...

You cannot beat force lightning'ing people in the face, contantly streaming a wave of force lighting gives you the feeling of pure raw power. Also, I find it quite amusing(as a dark side SI) to shock whiny babies during conversations.:rolleyes:

Not only is it super awesome to kill major bosses or hunt down a ghost and ind it, but I find myself just killing trash mobs for fun for the feeling of power!

:rak_01: Heck! I even went to Korriban as a level 40 just to lightning the heck out of the mobs there :rak_01:

Well that's my two cents...

Most interesting story lines:

Bounty hunter>Sith inquisitor>Imperial agent

Most fun gameplay:

Mercenary(both the Pyrotech/Bodyguard specs) > Assasin(Darkness for pve/deception for pvp)

Least fun gameplay:

Marauders. Usually I play melee classes in mmo's..loved warriors/dk's in wow for example. but in this game warriors/marauders are just pure....boring dullness to an extent that I actually fell asleep while playing it, Couldn't stand levelling my marauder further than level 29.

I've played a Sith Sorc, Jedi sage, Sith mara, IA and Gunslinger.

For pure story I enjoyed the sith warrior the best. Gunslinger had a charm of it's own I really enjoyed all the conversations and the corso romance.

For overall gameplay (WZ, Flashpoints, grouping) Sorc was my fav. The combinations of abilities you get are awesome plus I generally prefer playing ranged casters so I'm probably a bit biased.

I have a 50 of every class in my sig. Not going to go into storylines, but I would say my ranking is thus (and I'll only do DPS specs just so we're comparing like to like) (also specifically for raiding and not necessarily ranked by effectiveness):

Annihilation Marauder

TK Sage

Lethality Operative

Sab/DF hybrid Gunslinger

Vigilance Guardian

Sharpshooter Gunslinger

Least favorite:

Madness Assassin

Focus Guardian

Balance Sage

Concealment Operative

Don't know or "Meh" (no order):

Hybrid Sage

Sab Gunslinger

Deception Assassin

No class is perfect and all of them have strengths and weaknesses. Like I hate the fact that annihilation marauders have effectively zero multi-target DPS, but I still find them to be the most enjoyable to play. And some people only find enjoyment in relative effectiveness. Some classes will parse better than others.

• 2 weeks later...
Having only played the 4 republic starting stories and 1 sith warrior, I found the smuggler class to be the most fun. Move into a gunslinger and it was also super fun. worst class has to be jedi knight/guardian who really is very boring class to play.

I played the gunslinger if you want a Han Solo doesnt play by the rules character go with this one

For me, the Scoundrel/Smuggler is the funnest AC I have played in this game. It has done what I thought no other AC could do, and that's surpass my BH Powertech/Pyrotech.

I love the animations, I LOVE shooting my enemy in the back with my shot gun, bashing someone with my pistol, AND sucker punching my enemy to a quick death. I absolutely love being able to fire off a couple of heals to players I see in trouble too.

If that didn't convince you of my love for the Scoundrel, let me say this....I stayed on Taris an extra two days just because I was killing everything in sight. How could I not shoot, bash, and punch ever Rakghoul I saw in the face? :-D

If we're talking story, though. My LS Sith Warrior is hands down my favorite story in the game.

Edited by Amadahy

I have 50 level Vanguard, Guardian 50 level and BH 50 level. Smuggler was my first character ever but played only to level 31 so far. Consular I played about level 25.

My preference goes to BH. It nice easy class that can heal and do some nice damage. Easiest to level so far.

Story isn't bad and you get pretty ambigious swashbuckling experience.

Guardian is pretty good but its sort of odd mixture of being tank and very complicated mechanics when you tank/dps.

Sometimes I feel they are really good othertimes I feel they just feel very average.

I like Smuggler a lot. Its story and playstyle is nice. Put somehow it puts me off a bit. I love the mechanics(used to play rogue in WoW) but its not something I feel is very good for me. Maybe its the style. Or the fact you end being caped crusader with cowboy hat + shotgun. Smuggler idea is fine but I dont like way it is implemented. Just doesnt appeal to me.

Vanguard I like least. Its pretty good in pvp and otherwise but it just doesnt roll my socks. I cant find fault in it but neither I can descripe playing one fun.

I've played most classes to around 30 to at least gather a feel for them.

For my taste this is what I found:

Assassin/shadow: I keep hearing how god they are. I have attempted to level one of these 4 times! Each time I get to a little over 20 and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ... stop playing it.

All BH/Troopers: Have a 30+ Commando and every tree annoys me. I find them boring and with gimmicky rotations. Van/PT's are supposed to faceroll everyone and I have tried to level one 3 times. Every time I start their rotations from any tree and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz ... stop playing it.

Marauder: Honestly their rotations are somewhat interesting but to me they feel too selfish in their game play. They have a ton of powers that are only effective in melee range. If I want to help others far away it's wait for leap or nothing else. Perhaps it's just me but if I don't have range in a class it bores me to death. I also prefer non-force using classes because sci-fi to me is about tech and not playing a fantasy magic user. Same goes for Sorcs as I have never leveled one past early teens. I'm not saying there aren't tactics to melee combat. I'm just saying that you only need to stick to a very few basics and you have most of the tactics down. There is only so much you can do within 4m.

Ops/scoundrels: Honestly an Op was my main. I like them but the current state of the class is game is too annoying to deal with. Hopefully the upcoming changes will do something but I highly doubt they will ever be wanted more than just healing.

Sniper/slinger: My new favorite class. Not just in this game but possible any mmo I have ever played (not saying Swtor is my fav ... just the class). Who ever designed this class is genius although I am sure it was a compilation of ideas. It is just pure fun with it's complexity. When you have a range of 30-40m with most powers you can do so many thing at all times. Range has a lot to do with the enjoyment as I become interested the more complex combat is. A melee class has very little use of knowing what is around them in an 70-80m radius once they engage. They have limited tools for preemptive actions. This bores me. To be a good slinger you must know where every person on battlefield is at all times and react to them before they can react to you. This is a bit part of why I find the class so entirely fun.

I love playing the sorcerer healer,the pve aspect is zzzzz and sure,it doesn't have a complicated rotation,but when it goes into pvp you're constantly focused chased and harried with no let up,it's infuriating at times but no other class i play in pvp gets that kind of attention,no time for sleeping on the job or you'll get koed before you can blink Edited by biguydeadd

I think this thread got a bit messed up.

Playing Trooper, is not just playing Trooper, one AC is a turret/healer and the other is a Tank/DPS setup, not to mention picking the right skills can change an AC from annoying to very fun.

Jedi Guardian Defense spec, can really mess up the other sides day, same with Trooper Vanguard Hybrid Tank.

Several specs require DoT management or you sit around waiting for procs to use your cool stuff. Those really annoy me.

• 3 months later...
i have played ia to just under 10 a bh to 29 a sith assasin to 14 a jedi sage to 22 a gunslinger to level 15 a trooper to level 12 havent realy played a jedi knight played a sith mauderer to level 14 and my fav is probs the bounty hunter but i am guna level up my AI cus i seem to like it alot so fat and i have my conpanion now so its all good :):jawa_smile:

I'm presuming this thread is about PvE, since PvP depends a great deal on your teammates not being glory hounds and trying to solo nodes.

So far I have completed (in order) Consular, Warrior, Trooper, Smuggler, and Inquisitor storylines. Makeb storyline I have completed for both sides and found it worthwhile.

In order of preference:

Warrior

Smuggler

Inquisitor

Consular

Trooper

The top 2 were much better than the rest IMO. The Warrior storyline felt very true to the SW universe, and the Smuggler was hilarious with many of the dialogue options.

In HM FPs and Ops I find that my Consular (which is also my main) as a TK Sage is immensely fun to play with the burst that was added in 2.0. The Smuggler (in my case Sharpshooter Gunslinger) is also great IMO with their instant DPS abilities. I still do find satisfaction in smashing people's faces up close and personal with the Vengeance Juggernaut as well.