Podraces. A future insight?

I am not sure if this is brought up already. Probably is but haven't found it in this section.

My question to the Bioware developers is if there has been given a thought about adding Podraces to the game. Thusfar I have enjoyed the flashpoints and heroic missions and I'm yet to discover the spacebattles. Last time I checked information about Tatooine, I did not read anything about Podraces being able on that planet.

Anyone else got information maybe?

That sounds like a good idea... I do remember a racing quest in KOTOR. Wasnt pod racing though...

Plus remember that this takes place about 3000 years prior to episode 1. Pod racing very well might not have been a sport yet.

Yeah but I mean, every real Star Wars fan remembers Podracing on the N64 ;p I think some racing would only make this game better. Creating or buying your own pod. Making it faster or stronger and even bet on races ;D

This was something I had also posted about before the forum wipe. I'd like to see pod racers also.

My idea consisted of:

Customization to what the pods can look like.

Unique track on each planet.

Race against NPCs or other players.

If against other players, have it as a rated system, and get more commendations for higher placement. The rated system would take into account how many upgrades you have on your pod racer and place you against similar matched players.

Racing against NPCs would still grant commendations in a daily mission like the space combat ones do.

Commendations would buy upgrades to the pod racers.

With as big as my idea is, it would probably be in an expansion, where I would hope that Tatooine gets expanded upon to include Mos Espa and Mos Eisley.

Edited by Ohnoto