The Bastion or the Harbinger?

Tom_the_Narwhal

I wanted to give an update on some things and answer some questions we have seen in the thread. First, one of the things we have seen multiple people suggest is that if we are going to merge the APAC servers into the NA West servers that we should give you the option to choose which NA West server you transfer to. Knowing that some APAC players have existing characters and Legacies on some NA West servers already, we agree. When we open free transfers we will allow you one time transfer from your current APAC server to any one of the NA West servers. Note: The actual server merges themselves will still happen based on server type, so once we open transfers make sure you move all of your characters to the server you want before the merge happens.

We have also seen some concerns that we “haven’t considered what NA West’s populations are at offpeak times.” Actually, this is part of the reason we are making the decision to move APAC into NA West. Currently the equivalent NA West servers are seeing higher populations at offpeak times than their APAC counterparts. Meaning that even during offpeak NA times, the APAC players should see an increase in population after the transfers/merges.

-eric

If they don't let up and we have to merge US servers, I feel we should all merge with Dalborra's destination server The Harbinger, this way we will be able to have at least the peak time numbers we would get from merging with Dalborra only.

These are not permanent and are subject to change at any time.

HARBINGER GUILDS SO FAR:

<Legit>

<Core>

<BOSS>

<Nighmare Council>

<Pandemic>

Possibly more:

<Midian>

<Ewok'alypse Now>

Edited by Tom_the_Narwhal

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You do realise no matter which server you go to we'll have a greater number. There's already upwards of 200 people on the fleet during our late night peak times (12pm onwards sydney time) and before that there's 300 or more.

I'm undecided where I'll go. I think Bastion as there's no good pub pvp guilds on Harbs and I don't think enough of us will go there to make one.

If they don't let up and we have to merge US servers, I feel we should all merge with Dalborra's destination server The Harbinger, this way we will be able to have at least the peak time numbers we would get from merging with Dalborra only.

It is an interesting question... I suppose it depends how much people love both world pvp, and any WZ differences between a PvE and PvP server.

Will definitely require more consideration, but the appeal of APAC people consolidating to a single server is certainly there...

I remember several occasions of being on the bastion out of their prime time and having 1 instance of 80 on the imp fleet, i can't say that going from a low server pop to average server pop (our peak and after peek times) just to maintain play styles is worth it. Not to mention will will probably miss all community events that are during US peak time. Plus half the APAC community wont be there and I refuse to say "Merica Baby!" on the regular.

I remember several occasions of being on the bastion out of their prime time and having 1 instance of 80 on the imp fleet, i can't say that going from a low server pop to average server pop (our peak and after peek times) just to maintain play styles is worth it. Not to mention will will probably miss all community events that are during US peak time. Plus half the APAC community wont be there and I refuse to say "Merica Baby!" on the regular.

As I stated earlier, these numbers are much higher now, especially on harbs. 200 - 300 people.

Go to harbinger tbh guys, there are two good pub guilds there but they dont have as many people to pull from, and theres just less pubs in general. Be nice to actually feel some opposition when we play ya know?

That's good to hear... What are their names?

Edited by Antiskeptic

As alot of BOSS are already on Harbinger and I have 50s there and my son plays there it's an easy answer for me.

I think, if you want to look at it pessimistically, that if it SWTOR ever sucked so bad that only one server was viable...the Harbinger will be the ulitmate destination server for everyone...so in advance of probable sucking ...Harb, the PvP is as good and the GTN is better.

To Midian - Ward or Pom - would like to invite you guys to move with us to harbringer and was thinking if we could all unite as 1 against the yanks... If we cant do anything about this merge and perhaps save APAC or even kick BW's arse... I say we all stick together and own the american server.....

Sounds like we're leaning towards the Harbinger but nothing's final, will be working out with guildies what works best for all of us. Sticking with the rest of MDN is a major factor for us, hopefully we can keep most of us together. Edited by Vacarius

i honestly think everyone from mdn should go to harb.

We can make it the unofficial apac server. Most of dalborra will be there so infact, it will be like we are merging with dalborra afterall, which is what we want.

Just without the lovely Australian Ping... :(

i honestly think everyone from mdn should go to harb.

We can make it the unofficial apac server. Most of dalborra will be there so infact, it will be like we are merging with dalborra afterall, which is what we want.

I agree with Gusta and further on that using just last night as a sample Bastion had 60 50s on at 10pm AEDT and Dalborra had about 300-350 50s at the same time. With all the pings equal, I think those who stay will enjoy the pop on the Harbinger more than the Bastion.

My wife and I will most likely be going to Harbinger, seeing as though we are loosing our ping, then the next best thing to have is the highgest population possible.

Harbinger wins on that front hands down.

Also if Dalborra mostly goes there then we get a default APAC server merger (sans the great ping).

My vote for a default APAC server = Harbinger.

See you all there :D

Silber

&

Voldi

Core will be happy to go to the Harbinger instead of Bastion if that's what other guilds from Master Dar'nala and Dalborra decide. Would be great to have all the good APAC guilds on the same server, then we can get ranked games going during our peak times between us APAC guys instead of playing when the Americans want to queue up.

If anyone has played on both MDN and Bastion, would appreciate serious comments on the quality of PVP. From what I've heard, Harbinger pvp is just meh. Personally, would think it would be awesome to see the best of MDN going up against the best of Bastion.

If anyone has played on both MDN and Bastion, would appreciate serious comments on the quality of PVP. From what I've heard, Harbinger pvp is just meh. Personally, would think it would be awesome to see the best of MDN going up against the best of Bastion.

If only there wasn't latency...

IF a majority of the APAC community wanted to move to Dalborra so we could all vs each other (the guys from the other servers) then we would have a more lvl playing field :)

If only there wasn't latency...

IF a majority of the APAC community wanted to move to Dalborra so we could all vs each other (the guys from the other servers) then we would have a more lvl playing field :)

Sure. My question was more directed as to where we can find the highest quality of PVP. I'm sure Dalborra and Harbinger will have a few good players, but having PVPd on MDN would like some more variety if you know what I mean. I know there are several very very good PVP guilds in Bastion, was wondering about the situation for Harbinger.

If it comes to it and we have to bite the bullet, I'll be moving my toons onto Harbinger. I re-rolled there a few months ago and have now got 3 toons (Marauder, Merc, Sage) running. Aside from the Ping, the population is pretty damn impressive. I've got toons on Bastion as well, but def. prefer Harbinger due to population. More of everything.

That said - Apac Forever!!!

Sure. My question was more directed as to where we can find the highest quality of PVP. I'm sure Dalborra and Harbinger will have a few good players, but having PVPd on MDN would like some more variety if you know what I mean. I know there are several very very good PVP guilds in Bastion, was wondering about the situation for Harbinger.

On average it's as you'd expect, the 'general' quality on Harb is just that...general, but the best players from Harb rolled the best players from Bastion on the pts, i'm not sure if there was a rematch but i think it was 6-1... so if you're gonna play ranked then the quality is high on both servers..the average WZ though... i just finished 9 games only 2 were with guildies and we won 8, so great for getting your weekly done :)