A New Versus Series!

Aurbere

Just a quick heads up + spoiler. I am currently reading through the Revenge of the Sith novel because Obi-Wan Kenobi is in our next match-up. So if I don't get the next match posted, it's because I haven't finished reading the novel, or I did finish and I just haven't gotten all of the info added in.

Ooo nice Obi-Wan, well then can't wait to see!

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm not the first one to say this, but I believe Vitiate should be taken out. We simply do not know enough about him.
The BattleZone had already started, its merely experiencing a momentary lapse. Vitiate's round has come and gone and he lost to Darth Plagueis.

May I ask how?
Plagueis outclassed him in the same way the Hero of Tython did, through superior lightsaber combat. And if you think that Plagueis will ROFLstomp everyone in this tournament then you are very much mistaken. Vader, Traya, Exar Kun, Malgus, Zannah and others could take him.

Remember that just because you are the more powerful Force user, does not necessarily mean you will win.

Plagueis outclassed him in the same way the Hero of Tython did, through superior lightsaber combat. And if you think that Plagueis will ROFLstomp everyone in this tournament then you are very much mistaken. Vader, Traya, Exar Kun, Malgus, Zannah and others could take him.

Remember that just because you are the more powerful Force user, does not necessarily mean you will win.

Proof is, Plagueis won. :D

Update.

Certain combatants in The BattleZone are equipped with special weapons (wooden staff) or armor (Orbalisks/Crab armor). To provide a better analysis, I have decided to introduce a new 'Equipment' category to properly analyze these pieces of equipment.

Also, for characters like Vitiate and Malgus, their bios contain SWTOR spoilers, so the 'Character Bio' category will be omitted to prevent spoilers.

Edited by Aurbere

Some more news for The BattleZone.

After the final match of Round 1, I'll be taking a break. During this break, I'll write up character bios, additional/missed information, and equipment analyses for matches 1-10.

All of which will be posted here for your viewing pleasure. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, peeps. While I'm still looking for one final combatant (most likely going to bring Kas'im back), I am going to provide a special bonus for every one to read.

You are all aware of the changes to The BattleZone as the competition has grown larger and larger. So I was thinking, 'let's update the early battles with the recent changes.' These updates include character bios, missed information, and an expanded 'Edge' section.

So look forward to that in about an hour.

Alright, so without further ado, the first thread that we will update is Plo Koon vs. Qui-Gon Jinn.

This update will be the character's bios, and mentality updates.

Character Bio:

Qui-Gon Jinn:

Qui-Gon Jinn served as Jedi Padawan to Jedi Master Dooku, one of the Order's most renowned lightsaber duelists and telekinetic masters. The two Jedi embarked on several missions, each mission teaching Qui-Gon new lessons.

When Qui-Gon became a Jedi Knight, he opted not to take a Padawan of his own. Instead he took on missions alone. He eventually came across Xanatos, a young man who exhibited great potential in the Force. Qui-Gon Jinn took Xanatos as his Padawan, but the young man would eventually fall to the Dark Side, his life coming to an end when Qui-Gon Jinn and his new Padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi defeated him.

Qui-Gon Jinn would fight in the Stark Hyperspace War alongside his friends Tyvokka and Plo Koon. But his greatest challenge came during the Naboo Crisis.

Qui-Gon Jinn would be cut down by Sith Lord Darth Maul, but not before he had discovered the Chosen One of Jedi Legend.

Qui-Gon would return as a Force Ghost to provide wisdom and training to Jedi Master Yoda, and his former student Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Plo Koon:

Plo Koon was taken as the Padawan of legendary Jedi Master Tyvokka. Tyvokka would see Plo Koon become a Jedi Knight several years later.

As a Jedi Knight, Plo Koon underwent several missions designed to test his abilities in combat. After a few years, Plo Koon would be invited to join the Jedi Council, but he turned this invitation down.

Only a short time later, Plo Koon would be thrust into battle during the Stark Hyperspace War. After his master was critically injured, Plo Koon led the Republic paramilitary against the Stark combine. After five battles, the Stark Combine would be defeated. Plo Koon would be placed on the Jedi Council soon after.

Years later, Plo Koon would see the rise of the Sith and the start of the Clone Wars. He would participate in the first battle of the conflict and lead the newly christened Grand Army of the Republic to victory over the droid armies of the Confederacy of Independant Systems.

Plo Koon would show great tactical resolve during the Clone Wars, leading his forces to victory on several battlefields. As the war neared its end, the mastermind behind it was revealed. The Sith Lord Darth Sidious had been manipulating the war. A single broadcast was sent by the Sith Lord to clone legions across the galaxy.

In compliance with Contingency Order 66, Clone Captain Jag shot Plo Koon's starfighter out of the skies of Cato Neimoidia.

Mentality:

Qui-Gon Jinn:

Qui-Gon Jinn was considered a maverick by his peers. His dedication to the Force and devotion to the belief of the Living Force, he often went against the Jedi Council and the Jedi Code. It was for these reasons that Qui-Gon Jinn was regarded as a Gray Jedi and not allowed on the Jedi Council, despite his renown in the Jedi Order and his close relationships to many of the Council's members.

In combat, Qui-Gon Jinn relied more on his intuition and experience. However, he often focused more on the "here and now," leading to a lack of forethought. This isn't to say that he is tactically inept. He can see the tactics his enemy employs, but his only counter is too power through.

Also, Qui-Gon Jinn's master Count Dooku had created a series of lightsaber movements that were always effective against Jinn. This either points to Qui-Gon Jinn being predictable, or Count Dooku's skill.

Plo Koon:

Plo Koon shared the same beliefs as his fellow Kel Dor- a sense of 'rough justice.' His species mainly saw issues in terms of white and black, and were often overly retributive to certain situations. One example being that a man was executed for theft. Plo Koon's sense of rough justice caused many to consider him bordering on being a vigilante.

Because of these beliefs, Plo Koon betrayed Ahsoka Tano, whom he had a close bond with, when she was accused of treason.

In combat, Plo Koon was level-headed and calm. He devoted several years to developing a calm mind. The effects of this came to fruition during the Battle of Khorm. During his duel with Asajj Ventress, Plo Koon not only resisted Ventress' use of Dun Moch, but effectively countered it, infuriating the Dark Jedi, and allowing Plo Koon to defeat her despite his handicap.

So that was our first update. Stay tuned for the newest battle in The BattleZone featuring the Lord of Betrayal!