relic additional damage

Rooff

So I finally have enough dailies to upgrade my relic but what damage type is better all around?

kinetic adds an extra 280

elemental and internal both add 210 but which one is resisted more?

It seems kinetic would be the better choice but I think I am missing something (too good to be true)

There is some theorycrafting suggesting that for Arsenal Mercenary and Gunnery Commando the Kinetic one may be more dps of them, because of the huge armor penetration they get. But only for those specs of those classes. For everyone else the elemental one will do more dps on bosses

Kinetic and Energy damage are mitigated by the targets armor, whereas Elemental and Internal damage will bypass armor completely.

Also, it makes a difference whether you pick Energy/Kinetic or Elemental/Internal. Energy and Elemental dip into your Force Critical chance, while Kinetic and Internal take their stats from Tech Crit chance. So, if you're a class with armor penetration then go with Energy or Kinetic, but if you don't have such luxuries, then you take Elemental or Internal.

It isn't so black & white though. Focus-Guardians, for example have a static armor penetration of 30% and at 5 stacks of Sunder Armor the enemy gets a 20% decrease to their armor, while Vigilance-Guardians only benefit from the Sunder Armor. Watchman-Sentinels will definitely go with an Elemental relic, but what about Combat-Sentinels that get 100% armor penetration every 15 seconds?

Edited by Memo-