Disappearing Crafting Recipes!

SithKoriandr

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that we're still heavily investigating this issue and your reports have helped. If you are currently experiencing this issue, please refrain from reverse engineering items until we provide a solution to this. This issue only occurs when learning schematics from reverse engineering. You can still learn schematics from trainers and items without any problems.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

This appears to be incorrect, from my own experience and reports from others. The issue seems to have something to do with originally having one crafting profession, unlearning it, then learning another crafting profession.

(Somewhat Off-Topic: If your'e still having trouble isolating the cause of the ongoing crashing issues, it's a memory leak more obvious on, but not limited to, users of 32-bit operating systems due to the 3.5 gig memory cap).

I would also like to know the state of the fix for this bug. There is maintenance scheduled for tomorrow and this bug is still not in the "known issues" list.

More and more players report this problem. And imagine how many F2P players must have this same problem, but can't post in this forum. It is a game braking bug as it forces me to play in the different way then I would have to. I have lvl 31 sitting and only gathering when he was supposed to be my sinthweaver for 2 of my new characters I started as of F2P launch. Now I have to spend enormous amounts of credits for my gear.

First it was your crap of CS that was either on holidays or non functioning. Don't tell me that development team or whoever fixes bugs is as incompetent as CS as well.

There are still many old, old bugs you don't fix as you see them as non game breaking. Well, this one is!

Not having posted for a few days now (and loosing 8 RE recipes synthweaving) I read the last yellow "heavingly investigating " and "stop RE" bs answer from CS. It is all very simple, Bioware screwed up with patch 1.5 ! With that

patch they created the difference in crafting (and wearing stuff) between subscribers and F2P-players resulting in this mess. Is there someone overthere who actually plays the game? Levelling in crafting without RE? are they really serious? And then the other yellow poster with the "when,who,what"crap . and the ,so called, pledge to the community to give information. The answer is simple :everybody who changed his craft-profession after patch 1.5 is in trouble when he(or she) uses RE. Why is this "bug" still not listed on the famous "known issues " list? Also a very

simple answer "Bioware and EA are BUYING TIME" because in my opinion this,on first sight very simple bug, reaches further in elemental game-mechanics(as implemented in 1.5) then they are willing to admit.

Conclusion. I think an important part (especially crafting) of patch 1.5 will have to be rewritten. Hope I'm wrong......

If this is the kind of "priority support" they give paying players, I don't even want to think what F2P players get. I'm a subscriber and have 3 in game tickets open for a week already (two regarding this, one regarding not getting the Black Hole Commendations after being DCed during GF HM Esseless), and no one touched them since they were created.

There should be a notice on the Launcher, like you did with the wrong description on the legacy Perk. And, of course, improve your communication through the tickets.

This appears to be incorrect, from my own experience and reports from others. The issue seems to have something to do with originally having one crafting profession, unlearning it, then learning another crafting profession.

Now that I think of it, this sounds very plausible to me - I recall that when I first got to fleet, I trained Synthweaving to RE some greens I had picked up questing Tython to get some rubat crystals, and then dropped it and trained Artifice and used them to make hilts; I usually do this with new characters when I want to get a jump on crafting.

After initially having success with an interim fix for this issue (not that I want to bail the devs out here..) It turns out it only worked for me for a day. I was able to keep one learned schematic from the method I used so whether or not that was a 24hr symptom or only being able to keep one learned schematic and all failing after that I'm not sure.

Anyway here is what I did:

First, tried switching back to original skill set: Armstech, Scavenging(didn't change), Slicing. Learned Armstech schematics from RE were retained after logout. Completely closed game and came back and they are still there.

Second, unlearned all three skills and retrained: Armormech, Scavenging(fresh start), Underworld Trading. Now the learned Armormech schematics are retained after logout. Again completely restarted game and they are still there. Another odd occurance after logout and login again, the previous purchased Armormech schematics returned (they were not available at first when I retrained armormech). However because they are higher level than my current armormech skill I can't craft them yet (the craft quantity shows a red number for the number of units I have matts available for crafting and craft attempt flashes "Crafting skill too low" - or similar - in red letters).

So, I'm not sure if there was some quiet server side fix that was done here, or if the sequence of the tests I did fixed it for me, but I now appear to be cured. There still needs to be a proper fix as there was a lot of time wasted getting my skills up to the level they were before blowing them away, but at least for some, the method I used may get them back in business. Please post back if you give it a try and have success.

If you are experiencing this issue, please post with the following information:•What class are you?

•What is your crew skill?

•What was the name(s) of the specific schematic(s) that you lost?

Class: Trooper

Crew Skill: Armormech, Scavenging, Underworld Trading

Schematics lost: Heavy Military Belt (redoubt, overkill, critical - from memory)

BTW see the post I started here

Will continue to monitor and try things...

I've had schematics disappear that were learned from a trainer, along with the RE'ed blue schems that came from them.

I haven't actually experienced that and even after blowing away all my crafting/gathering skills and retraining them I initially don't see the ones I previously bought but after a logout and relogin, they appear, even though the skill level is reset to 1 and I can't craft them yet. Even one that I found through gathering comes back. However, the one that I initially was able to keep through RE does not come back.

I would also add that my previous success and method I used above is no longer yielding any results. I've tried the method of blowing away all crew skills and retraining three times and I haven't even been able to keep any learned schematics. Odd that it worked the first time for one learned schematic....

I've had schematics disappear that were learned from a trainer, along with the RE'ed blue schems that came from them.

I have also noticed unlearning some schematics that I learned from trainers. I am much more frustrated at losing the blue schematics.

Hello. This evening I dropped Artifice and added Synthweaving as my crafting skill. I grinded moderately on the beginning schematics available from the crew skill vendor. Crafted me up some greens, r/e'd them to blues, then r/e'd the blues to the first purple I could learn and equip it.

I noticed a flaw in the slaw after logging upon learning my first blue schematic, then loaded T7 up and muled to my next crafted in line. Upon returning to cycle T7 for another round, I noticed the previously learned blue was no longer in my learned/purchased schematic inventory. Only the original greens that came with the skill and the few I had purchased from the Synth trainer. I proceeded again, filled T7 up with 5 more greens and got at least one hit on the corresponding r/e's. I did not log this time however and continue to grind T7 until my purples were learned. Once learned, I loaded him up with the purple artifact gear I had learned and then logged.

Upon returning, my purple gear had been crafted, however no more schems were present and they were reset to the original green options.

As stated, this was only done on the synthweaving craft skill. I have a full complement of crafters and this is my gameplay 75% of the time I am logged. For people like me, this is a catastrophic issue and one that needs to be addressed and resolved forthwidth. Much time is spent grinding the materials needed to make these items. Much time is spent in the crafting and reverse engineering of these items. I only hit it mildly tonight, grinding synth enough to get my lvl 11 some artifact gear. I spent a lot of money on terenthium which I did not have to spend. I won't bore you with my time lost. However, consider the folks that grind this out much more intensely than I. Their time and money and complete style of gameplay has been systematically reset to base and is considerately more expensive to operate. In my opinon, a hardcore leveler that spent an entire night grinding ten levels out without as much as a pissbreak and then logging back in come morning and finding himself back to where he was prior to his grind. A might frustrating would you say?

As of now a formal apology would be fitting. A couple days from now, it's gonna take more than that. This is what we do. Get your men on this and with haste. Please.

The previous poster has summed up the importance of this issue to crafters like ourselves very well. Most of my game time is spent crafting, buying materials and selling products. Others may find it boring but I find it very satisfying to provide other more adventurous players with the gear they need at an affordable price. However, I had the misfortune to drop my crafting skills and start over with a new one just as this bug hit.

Please do not fall into the trap of believing that because this is not a Cartel Market bug, it does not affect monetary revenue. I have 8 days left on my sub, at which point you would normally receive more than £46 for my 6 month recurring. However, theres no point in my resubbing until this is fixed as I can't spend the time in the game playing it the way I like to play it.

Fingers crossed,

Recoil

Just read patch notes and ... they haven't fixed it.

We can expect some sort of apology and a promise that they are working very hard on it, but I don't think anyone believes them any more. Two weeks! Two weeks of this serious bug with a few question written just to confuse us into thinking that they are working on it.

I have said it many times and even though I know many of them do not deserve such a label, it's true. CS dept and developers of this game are incompetent. Their incompetence in development, testing, debugging and customer support are mind blowing.

F2P made things worse. Now the only things they are working on are Cartel market and things that relate to it. Just look at patch notes. How many people had to work on all those insignificant (compared to this one) bugs, while they could be helping with this one. I bet they think "it's just crafting. Roll another character and everything will be fine.".

And they get payed for it :). By us! Unbelievable.

Still nothing.

I guess they are going to wait until friday for some ******** reponse, again. Maybe if we would all blame this bug to cartel market. They would jump on fixing it as fast as possible since this is the only part of the game they work on.

I am going to try ...

For the love of god EA, FIX THIS! I know crafting is nothing more than a crap "mini game" as far as you're concerned, but It's costing me a fortune in credits and time to reverse engineer a bunch of stuff only to have it all disappear. I know threats don't mean much, and I amount to about a pile of beans in the grand scale of subscribers but I'm unsubbing till fixed. Crafting is a pretty important part of any mmo for me. I can live with the cookie cutter system. I can live with the life of poverty till end game. I can't live with a broke system that throws away hours and days and hundreds of thousands of credits worth of effort right out the window.

21st day of this bug and still nothing.

How many days more have to pass before you will act EAware? How many players have to suffer this bug before you do something?

How many hours have to be gone before you will realize that it would be better if you let someone else develop and fix this game or service your customers.

I CAN"T BELIEVE THIS PROBLEM HASN"T BEEN ANNOUNCED IN GAME BY NOW!

Just how much contempt do you have for your paying players?

I've been heavily RE across a number of character all this last week - spending a lot of effort and credits to get the materials needed to do that. All that is at risk and you didn't warn me? UNBELIEVABLE CONTEMPT BIOWARE!

Don't give me any of this 'we listen to the player feedback" BS anymore - you clearly don't care about us - your actions (lack of) prove that time and again.

Nothing new to add to the forum, just want to throw my hat into the ring of genuinely pissed off people who have lost crafting material, time, and patience with this situation. It is compounded with the Dev's inaction. I had crafted six items up to purple and then gone. I thought it was just a simple glitch and then bam, happened again. Crafting material gone, time wasted, leaving behind only one pissed off player.

I know it isn't a giant hit to the makers of the game, but if this situation is not resolved by December 18th, I am canceling my account and going elsewhere. I really do love playing this game, but it is not the only game that provides entertainment. I have been a paid member since the game released.

Once again, if not resolved by the time my semester is over, I am taking my business elsewhere.

P.S. I had submitted a trouble ticket on December 1st and not a single response. Completely inexcusable.

Edited by Suicide_
Add more content

I was hoping that this, today's patch is about this bug. After reading patch notes I see that is not the case.

Two days to fix it makes me feel like they may have begun working harder, but it also makes me wonder how many people there are that are working on fixes. It just looks like it's a very small number.

And considering their silence about this, "our" bug I think a fix will not be coming this week. Maybe next maintenance, but with every day of them not saying anything hope is getting thinner.

We appreciate your reports about this issue, and we are actively researching the problem.

If you are experiencing this issue, please post with the following information:

• What class are you?
  • What is your crew skill?
  • What was the name(s) of the specific schematic(s) that you lost?

While we are working to ensure the fix for an upcoming patch, there isn't a definitive time frame for the fix. Thanks for your understanding and patience.

I have this issue on two toons, a Trooper/Vanguard Armormech and Jedi Knight/Guardian Synthweaver. The specific schematics are everything that's been RE'd as others have stated.

Also as others have stated both recently switched crafting skills.

Figured I'd post this here as well even though I submitted tickets in game. Hard to believe they don't have anything up about switching crew skills until they resolve this.