Black/Black Dye

VitalityPrime

...Because if they list them too often, the in game trade prices plummet and people who bought them all along at large premiums will be filling the forum with tears and anguish.

I sincerely hope the BWEA team gives zero fraks about forum tears and anguish while making most decisions.

But I disagree that there are not other good dye combinations already in release, many at reasonable prices on the GTN too.

I never said there weren't any good dye colors. I just want more good ones. The examples I gave were more like what were they thinking examples.

Good on BWEA for bringing highly desired colors back to the CM for double-xp weekend!

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup! In fact I actually just got the entire schedule:

Black // Dark Purple - 11AM CST Tuesday 11/26 - 11AM CST Wednesday 11/27

Black // White - 11AM CST Wednesday 11/27 - 11AM CST Thursday 11/28

White // White - 11AM CST Thursday 11/28 - 11AM CST Friday 11/29

Black // Black - 11AM CST Friday 11/29 - 11AM CST Sunday 12/1

White // Black - 11AM CST Sunday 12/1 - Maintenance on Tuesday 12/3

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Black/Black Friday... lol! :t_tongue:

Way down? Guess that depends on your definition of "way down". During the brief windows that they've had these dyes on the CM, it's not like the GTN became flooded with them...and certainly not at bargain prices. People spending that much in CC to buy something to sell on the GTN are usually trying to maximize their credit profit and not just giving away the stuff at discount prices.

Prices dropped on Harbinger on the GTN by about 75% last time. I expect the same next time around. People will buy and hold and sprinkle them out over the following weeks.. but instead of 6M credits... competition will drive prices down under 2M.

Of course actual prices will vary by Server, but you should expect notable discounts vs normal prices for at least several weeks after they go on sale in the CM.

if people stop purchasing the dyes at 15 dollars for a single use, they will stop selling them at that price.

I wish people would realize this. The dye system in this game is a freakin JOKE. I'll never be able to get the black/black because of this garbage. The fact that people actually pay 15 or more real dollars for nothing but a one use dye in a video game honestly is sickening, and slightly disturbing. Stuff like that just ruins gaming imo. And, the fact that people actually think a DYE is worth millions on the GTN is also just as bad. NO dye is worth even 1 mill, 100k or so at most. Its a DYE!!!

Dyes should ALL be craft-able like most ALL OTHER MMo's do. Guild Wars 2 has one of the best dye systems I have seen. You learn it, and that toon knows it for ever....but I guess that wouldn't let EA nickle and dime people to death and cater to the mindless addicts.

I would love to have black/black on a few of my toon's, but I guess that will never happen thanx to this kind of BS. I pay 15 bucks a month for a year and a half now, subs deserve some love on things like this. How about letting subs only craft all dyes?

Edited by DarthVengeant

I wish people would realize this. The dye system in this game is a freakin JOKE. I'll never be able to get the black/black because of this garbage. The fact that people actually pay 15 or more real dollars for nothing but a one use dye in a video game honestly is sickening, and slightly disturbing. Stuff like that just ruins gaming imo. And, the fact that people actually think a DYE is worth millions on the GTN is also just as bad. NO dye is worth even 1 mill, 100k or so at most. Its a DYE!!!

Dyes should ALL be craft-able like most ALL OTHER MMo's do. Guild Wars 2 has one of the best dye systems I have seen. You learn it, and that toon knows it for ever....but I guess that wouldn't let EA nickle and dime people to death and cater to the mindless addicts.

I would love to have black/black on a few of my toon's, but I guess that will never happen thanx to this kind of BS. I pay 15 bucks a month for a year and a half now, subs deserve some love on things like this. How about letting subs only craft all dyes?

People value appearance. True in game, true in real life. People will always pay a premium to look the way they want.

For instance... if people keep paying thousands of dollars for Armani suits, I will not be able to wear them... even though I really like Armani suits.

This sounds like

" I want something rare and expensive, but I do not want to pay the going rate for it. I'm a subscriber so just give it to me (let me craft it)."

I have no interest in black/black.

But could we please have several other combinations that exclude black and white but still look good together?

I mean, purple-pink? Red-green? Really? Are there any gear sets those look good on?

Purple-pink is the only color to wear if you're a tank. Nothing says "I hold aggro like a boss," better than purple-pink or pink-purple.

Check my sig.

People value appearance. True in game, true in real life. People will always pay a premium to look the way they want.

For instance... if people keep paying thousands of dollars for Armani suits, I will not be able to wear them... even though I really like Armani suits.

Indeed. How silly would someone look if they made a point of going around telling everyone "If all of you would just stop paying $100,000 for high end sports cars, they would have to lower their prices for everyone!"

Sorry, no. The dye system in this game is cosmetic only and thus, not a necessity. It's a luxury. If you can't afford it, too bad.

Indeed. How silly would someone look if they made a point of going around telling everyone "If all of you would just stop paying $100,000 for high end sports cars, they would have to lower their prices for everyone!"

Sorry, no. The dye system in this game is cosmetic only and thus, not a necessity. It's a luxury. If you can't afford it, too bad.

Yes, some items are only produced for the luxury end of the Market, like the Armani Suits, if people stopped buying them, then Armani would probably call it a day, rather than drop into the mundane end of the market.

Not that this applies to the dyes, since they are just coding, but it is an important thing to remember in real life.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

Black/Black on Black Friday...clever. ;)

Why is it "disturbing?" All those "disturbed" individuals buying the dyes are helping to support the game so I see no issue with it.

By the way, GTN price is driven by the players so obviously people do feel it is worth millions. It's fine if you won't spend over 1mill for a dye but that is hardly fact. It took me nearly two weeks to grind up the 6 mill I needed to buy a black dye on my server. All I did was run dailies and sell some crafted materials. It was very, very worth it to me in the end. If you want something bad enough, it's possible to grind for it. If you don't want to grind for it, you must not want it very much.

I do agree that the dye system in this game is positively awful, but at this point I'm just glad we have one at all.

the problem with it is that you get next to nothing for that money.

This is even worse than the sims 3 store, and that is EA gouging at its finest.

I mean, you get a single dye for this that you can only use once. You can't even take it out to use it on another item. Can't use it for all chars through collections either.

Maybe they should relaease a primary black and secondary black dyes seperatly as well sometimes, that might have better prices.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

If only Bioware devs were this active, forthcoming and meticulous in non-Cartel threads...

Coincidentally, we had already planned to bring black/black dye back during double XP! I don't have the exact timing in hand right now, but you will see the black/black then. I will let you know when I get more details.

-eric

Awesome. Now please make it like 20 CC instead of something stupidly overpriced too try to milk the community.

Edited by Darth-Malice