Mercenary PVP: When BW will buff?

RedKubrick

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i always have asked myself this question, altho it has evolved and changed shapes and ideas over the years, and i still haven't found the answer.

"do people know when they suck?" to be blunt.

i play a VR60 (3rd alt) PT/MERC and i DOMINATE in PvP. DOMINATE!!! (tbh, i'm pretty good at every class i have played, i just get this game...it's easy)

Merc is not broke, weak, lack utility, <insert whine here>.

straight up 1v1 (even tho this is not a 1v1 game) i have little problems killin any class, any spec.

i hate to say it, but all these complaints are a SERIOUS L2P issue.

sure, YES, there are a few classes that have more "buttons" that make them more difficult to defeat in PvP, but, as a Merc, there is MUCH, MUCH more than the "buttons".

kiting, elevation, los, teammates, terrain, map buffs/heals, using your adrenals at the right time(on the right opponent), too much to try to explain.

let's call it, "situational awareness".

RARELY, do i get >2 people within 25m of me...i see a sniper lock-on, i LOS..who cares if the healer was at 20%...if u can't finish him without taking serious damage, **** (<---which was gee tee ef oh)!

it's very hard to explain to some, but i know there are quite a few Mercs that understand and are HIGHLY successful.

i.e. VR60 PT/Merc 1 WH piece(ear), full BM(minus relics). top damage, kills, fewest deaths ~95% of my matches. SOLO que.

cleanse, stun, kb, snare, heal, mez, 1100+ damage auto attack!, shield, stealth breaker...all don't mean schizer if you suck at playing the class.

which anyone that has difficulties being successful at playing this class need to realize...

you suck @ merc...play something else.

***i'm NOT trying to troll. i am dead serious. i dominate on my merc, no WH gear. i run, i kite, i pick my fights, i solo ANY healer(and kill them) all day, i destroy marauders(if =..if cd's/cleanse is down, not so much :p )

you have to be wily, crafty, and smart. that is why this class fits me. i have a pre 1.1 FULL BM VR68 assassin. i switched from deception to tanksin, and i still play my merc 10x better.

Ok for one stop pretending like the Merc class is a class for elites only, every other class in the game is much easier to play then a merc all around, unless you make the PAINFUL climb to warhero gear through non rank WZ's (because no one will even think of taking any kind of merc to a ranked match) you still do average at best, i started the game on release as a merc, yes tracer was a bit OP ill admit, but literally the next major patch in 1.2 NERFHAMMER TO THE DOME bro, i was in full BM gear and the same people and classes on my server that i had no problem taking on before, were all of the sudden smashing my face in, the rotation DID NOT CHANGE, the stat priority did not change for an arsenal merc but yet i was getting destroyed left and right first day of 1.2. And no this isnt a 1v1 game, but 1v1 helps determine how your class weighs against the others, sometimes winning a match can come down to 1v1 and your class cannot preform then you lose obviously. You cant have 1 class in the game that has to rely on terrain, los, map buffs ect, i have a jugg, assasin, op, sniper, and sorc, all are far easier to play in WZ's, i should not as a merc have to be constantly relying my team to carry my survivability just so i go put a few more dots on some targets before i get creamed, and unless you have the pics to back up your bold statements of DOMINATING as a merc, no one is going to take your opinion seriously, your just gonna look like the kind of wannabe forum crawling elitist that plagues mmos today

In response to the OP - doubt it will happen any time soon. Every Merc's heart beat skipped a little when the devs said they thought Mercs had difficulty escpaing from multiple melee attackers. Result - nothing in 1.6. When and if, something does arrive, I fully expect it to be a minor buff to Jet Boost (similar to the buff to the Sorc sprint ability). Nothing will be done to address the fact that Merc dps is the lowest of any dps subclass, because BW's ingame stats continuously show that Merc dps is the highest of any dps subclass. This is the fundamental conceptual problem that blocks any real improvement to the subclass.