Nerf Cloak of Pain then we are done?

Fenomen

Marauder survivability is fine. They are the most melee dependent class, and that actually is a downside if you are playing against good RWZ teams.

What really needs adjusting is Rage spec (Juggs included) and talented Predation (required for CW, amazing in Huttball).

Two stuns? Baseline I have Debilitate which is a hard stun and doesn't break on damage and Flashbang, which is a Mez and does break on damage. Where is the second stun coming from? As concealment, I do get access to Jarring Strike which is a 1.5 sec knockdown but that lasts just as long as the GCD so it doesn't count.

When you flash bang me, you'll damage me first and I can do nothing if I have no cc breaker. You have an advantage damaging me first.

I'm speaking about how to interrupt mara's defensive CD's if you have no knockbacks. This is not a stun explanation.

There are more players that PvE in this game than PvP and high smash/sweep is needed for operations.

L2P your class. Gear up and stop with the low Expertise in gear when your PvPing.

You say that as if Sents/Maras were parsing low prior to the Rage/Focus buffs :rolleyes:

Sounds like "don't nerf my derp spec".

You say that as if Sents/Maras were parsing low prior to the Rage/Focus buffs :rolleyes:

Sounds like "don't nerf my derp spec".

I leveled my Sentinel as Focus well before 1.4 came out.

The major difference now with 1.4:

* 10% more armor penetration in Shii-Cho form

* Zephyrean Slash was changed to allow more attacks to reduce the CD on Sweep/Zealous Leap

There was no buff to damage on Sweep/Smash. Displace got the damage/crit buff.

Focus/Rage is nasty when you have boss healers, Guard on you and in full min/max augmented WH.

Edited by Ramtar

I think that Ability is the last Overpowered Thing on a Marauder. Let them have their Damage and fancy Cooldowns but having the Highest Damagereduction of any Dps for such prolonged Time isnt balanced. 30 Seconds is alot longer then any other Defensive Cooldown, its puts Rage Marauder at a 53!!! % Damagereduction. Thats more then any Tank while having no Damage Penaltys at all, in fact Cloak of Pain deals Damage.

If not a complete Redesign i would say a reduction of - 5% magnitude and -10 Second Duration would be a good Start.

Nerfing that ability is just a start. Rage spec needs to be nerfed as well.

And 6 seconds is a lot shorter than any other defensive cooldown, and that's how long it lasts if you don't hit them.

Let a mara pund on you for 6 seconds while you have to stand there thinking almost waited out his CoP ... respawn.

i would just like to point out this is the most often used argument by marauders on why there defensive buffs are ok.

you cannot use the exact same argument to defend everything

Stun through saber ward, stun through CoP, stun through UR, stun through ravage ... how many stuns do other classes need? Oh and if LOLrauders have an argument to everything : just stun them through it, then why do LOLrauders whine and qq about stunbubble - its exactly that - stun through everything, LOLrauders should be happy people listen to their advice and instead LOLrauders are whining themselves.

Omg you ppl will never stop.

You pick a new ability to make threads on every couple weeks.

First it was our damage

Then it was undying rage

Now its about Cloak of Pain

Guess what... the changes to resolve that allows you to keep someone stunned as much as you can right now was an indirect Nerf to melee classes.

Learn to play your classes. People Playing their classes well aren't easy to kill. Assassins, snipers, and Sorcs that don't try to just FaceTank full ravages and actually kite can be a challenge. Not to mention a good operative coming out of stealth. And the only thing the keeps BHs from being a real pain in the *** is that the most popular specs don't have a lot of escaping abilities, But if they get you at range they can really put out the dps... And rarely do I not see a BH in the Top 3 DPSer in a WZ.

Rooting and slowing a marauder is their major weakness.

Next class that has a well skilled player behind it that kills me in a warzone i'm going to make a new nerf thread for them , and for every class after that that does it. Because thats the only reason all you ppl are making these threads.

A Full warhero marauder with like valor 85-100 destroyed you in your half BM geared toon. And everyone of those " I play a marauders and its OP ppl" are simply ppl who's main class Is something else. Probably a recruit geared Soc that thinks he is so Awesome he can just stand their and take a Ravage right to the face and not get hurt.

Edited by Dacer

I leveled my Sentinel as Focus well before 1.4 came out.

The major difference now with 1.4:

* 10% more armor penetration in Shii-Cho form

* Zephyrean Slash was changed to allow more attacks to reduce the CD on Sweep/Zealous Leap

There was no buff to damage on Sweep/Smash. Displace got the damage/crit buff.

Focus/Rage is nasty when you have boss healers, Guard on you and in full min/max augmented WH.

The 2nd change is quite big though. Getting off more sweeps and leap makes quite a big difference.

And yes, CoP definitely needs a nerf. Group battles are what matters, and CoP is almost always up fulltime in group battles.

Edited by Smashbrother