Zabuza's PvP tanking encyclopedia

NamikazeNaruto

In comparison to Guardian/Vanguard tanks, what is your(and everyone else's who posts here ftm) opinion of shadows main tanking ability for rateds on the PTS?

Personally, i still think we are going to be relegated to off-node guarding but I dont have a guardian or Van on the PTS so I cant really compare them beyond the patch notes. Also, I really hate the change they made to slow time (inc the cool-down from 7.5 to 9secs) which was really the only reason that full kinetic was useful.

So um... apparently I can't put anymore into my guide without taking something out...Either that or I'll have to add a continuation of my guide on another post somewhere... I got this message when trying to edit my post earlier.

"Your post is 50043 characters long, please shorten it to 50000 characters"

You can always edit your post #3 or create a new one, copy/paste, reserve a few of the next, and delete all of the info in this one.

Edited by ForsakenKing

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In comparison to Guardian/Vanguard tanks, what is your(and everyone else's who posts here ftm) opinion of shadows main tanking ability for rateds on the PTS?

Personally, i still think we are going to be relegated to off-node guarding but I dont have a guardian or Van on the PTS so I cant really compare them beyond the patch notes. Also, I really hate the change they made to slow time (inc the cool-down from 7.5 to 9secs) which was really the only reason that full kinetic was useful.

You can always edit your post #3 or create a new one, copy/paste, reserve a few of the next, and delete all of the info in this one.

Well, I think if anything this pretty much further solidifies Shadow's position as a node guard in rateds. The reason for this is because Phase Walk made them even better at node guarding. Shadow tanking as a whole will improve but so will Guardian's tanking.

Just wanted to say I've now completed most of my tanking set, tho not min-maxed yet, and have been running around in the 22/17/2 spec for the past few days. Its been great fun! The 25% DR from AOE combined with the 25% DR from blackout are excellent, have managed to survive for ages against large groups of enemies which is seriously satisfying!

The spec is especially effective in Huttball as pretty much no matter what, I can survive all their stuns and burst damage long enough to come out the other side with enough time (plus force speed) to move the ball and get passes off :-)

Thanks again for the advice!

At the present time, is it more effctive to run with DPS gear in this spec?

While i still think we will be off node guarding i do find shadows to be the number 1 tank on the PTS hard to tell but their are threads with figures which state as such. Seems as our DPS trees are messed up i think its only fair we at least have the most survivability.

At the present time, is it more effctive to run with DPS gear in this spec?

Personally I would run pure tank gear with this spec. It is a pure tank spec, not designed for high damage. Nor is it a stellar 1v1 spec like 23/1/17 or 27/0/14. It is designed to main tank.

While i still think we will be off node guarding i do find shadows to be the number 1 tank on the PTS hard to tell but their are threads with figures which state as such. Seems as our DPS trees are messed up i think its only fair we at least have the most survivability.

It pleases me to hear this, as my favorite part of shadow was tanking. We'll see if that is enough for people to select Shadows over Guardians for main tanks in 2.0

Edited by NamikazeNaruto

Hey all, come take a look at the discussion I'm trying to open up in this thread, where the question is asked if the nerf to Kinetic's Project damage, out of stealth Spinning Kick, armour count and Balance's instant lift is enough to make BW revert Infil Tactics to its original position in the Infil tree.

It's intended more as a benefit to full Balance, but it obviously recreates the old hybrid and asks if it is still overpowered.

• 3 weeks later...
I'll bump again for ya. Did I think it was Huttball with you last week some time on my Shadow.

This dude is legit, so read his guide :)

Ahh yeah, I was screwing around in that game.

do we know what stats to aim for in 2.0?

Shadow tanks will probably want to aim for shield/absorb rather than defense. Shields will absorb some force/tech damage come 2.0, as well as the melee/ranged attacks it already absorbed. The Balance and Infiltration trees look to be getting nerfed, so Shadows will probably be good at tanking and node guarding only.

Edited by NamikazeNaruto

Ahh yeah, I was screwing around in that game.

Shadow tanks will probably want to aim for shield/absorb rather than defense. Shields will absorb some force/tech damage come 2.0, as well as the melee/ranged attacks it already absorbed. The Balance and Infiltration trees look to be getting nerfed, so Shadows will probably be good at tanking and node guarding only.

Dps is actually quite good on infiltration although its a shadow strike spam fest more so. Nice opener from stealth though with force breach instant crit 4 stacks and so really all in all its just balance which is completely screwed lol.

Has their been any testing done for figures do you know for tanking?

Dps is actually quite good on infiltration although its a shadow strike spam fest more so. Nice opener from stealth though with force breach instant crit 4 stacks and so really all in all its just balance which is completely screwed lol.

Has their been any testing done for figures do you know for tanking?

I have not personally tested the tanking out, once 2.0 hits I may do some experimenting with tank specs. If anyone else has tested it on the PTS feel free to post.

• 1 month later...

And this is my question.... what relics for PvP?

Anyone have any input?

And this is my question.... what relics for PvP?

Anyone have any input?

Hmm... I would probably get one defense relic and one shield relic, unless your defense is really low. I can't really go in depth into this right now because I've been pretty busy, but I'll try to update my OP and post some answers perhaps in the next week or two, I'll bump it when that happens if it's not on the first page.

Edited by NamikazeNaruto

• 2 weeks later...
Bumping, because I have updated my OP with a wealth of new information, as well as cleaning out the information that is no longer applicable :).

The amount of information available from this thread is unmatched from what I've seen, concerning stepping into the tank scene in PvP. Excellent job, if I am to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...

Very nice, thank you for the time you put into this. Its a very good read with a lot of helpful information this is the most complete info I think I have seen recently for Sins/Shadows, very impressive.

Keep up the good work it is very much appreciated.