Vote for Legacy "straight-to-50" option

MurQueL

Would you like for there to be a Legacy option to skip to level 50 instantly?

The minimum requirements for access to this option would be:

• You must be Legacy Level 50.

• You must have chosen your Advanced Class.

• Must be a subscriber.

Vote for or against this here for all to see what the general concensus is.

NOTE: As OP I will not vote either way, as I am not invested one way or the other. I do have an opinion, but ultimately whether the matter in question would be implemented or not isn't really my concern. This thread was done out of curiosity, having seen a few posts expressing interest in an option of this nature and thinking it might be a boon for altoholic veterans who've done the grind enough times that it just becomes a repetitive routine...

Edited by MurQueL

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It has been mentioned before: Would you like for there to be a Legacy option to skip to level 50 instantly?

• You must have a minimum Legacy level (could be 30, could be 50).

Vote for or against this here so we'll see what the general concensus is.

worst idea ive heard in ages. no point to play the game deffinatly against this

It has been mentioned before: Would you like for there to be a Legacy option to skip to level 50 instantly?

• You must have a minimum Legacy level (could be 30, could be 50).

Vote for or against this here so we'll see what the general concensus is.

I vote against

Should never be an option like this, lends nothing to the game, only serves to take away from it.

Hahah, wow, it seems the "negative nellies" are the most prominent in the forums, eh? :p

It's strange but I'm pretty sure players in favor of something like this were plentiful... Still, we'll see.

Keep in mind the requirements. Specifically, Legacy level 50 means either you already have plenty of alts, or simply that you've been playing for a long time, so there's really not much that'd be "taken away"...

Anyway, edited OP for clarity. Will do tallys if this takes off. Won't if not.

Hahah, wow, it seems the "negative nellies" are the most prominent in the forums, eh? :p.

No, it's just that your idea is so bad that it's laughable. Why don't you just add a God mode while you're at it...

Edited by Glowrod

No, it's just that your idea is so bad that it's laughable. Why don't you just add a God mode while you're at it...

I mean, aquiring a legacy level of 50 comes after much, much, MUCH, playtime, and most likely after leveling 2 or 3 other alts (or more). Maybe It's "god mode", but so what? It's just for content you experience exclusively on your own and that you've already done 2 to 5 times (planet quests/flashpoints/space missions).

This is aimed mostly at veteran players who can skip the levelling part they've done many times already. Consider there are some players (myself included) that will only make an alt just to experience the class story, and nothing else, so, having to grind planetary quests/space missions/flashpoints is mind-meltingly boring. Then there are those who don't have time to play 18hrs/day (like SirCopperfield ;) )

I know I saw many others pining for this on other threads... I wonder if people read all of the OP instead of just replying to the thread title...

Edited by MurQueL

*sigh* We all knew this topic was coming.

This is one step below Legacy "straight-to-win" option where you get the perk and every time you start the game it just says "you win" and shuts down.

Why even bother buying a game if you're not going to play it?

*sigh* We all knew this topic was coming.

This is one step below Legacy "straight-to-win" option where you get the perk and every time you start the game it just says "you win" and shuts down.

Why even bother buying a game if you're not going to play it?

Oh haven't you heard?

It's the 2013 way of playing games.

#iwin #Iwanteverythingnao

(PS: But just so we're clear the OP doesn't suggest something that would allow for someone to buy the game and get insta-50s. Having legacy level 50 means you have done quite a lot of things in-game. Not that that makes the idea better, but I'm just saying)

I'm going to be the very first one in your thread to say 'Yes, after playing the game and leveling alts 10 times, I'm getting ridiculously tired of the grind, make it faster, or remove it for those of us who have played this game so long we've maxed out our Legacy.'

I've played the game 10 days after release, only taking very minor breaks to escape stress overloads from RP and some OOC issues, I have leveled every possible base class to at least 37 and ran right through the stories to max out companions. After a year of the same quests I usually end up skipping right through the first time, I honestly am getting tired of the ridiculous grinds forcing me to kill mobs again, and again, and again, with the only release from the agonizingly dull grind being Warzones (Assuming a pre-made guild isn't on) or the actual Class Story, which is quickly cut through and between many times by forcing me to run to one spot twenty miles from town, having some fun with it for maybe 20 minutes at absolute most, and then a (metaphorical) giant arrow points 50 miles away from where I am saying 'You finished this part, keep going' and this is especially painful when for every single alt, I need to find every individual Travel Point and Quick Travel Location.

Now, I see a lot of the community is against it, and to a degree, I have to agree even as painful as the grind can be, it has a purpose. Instead, as we level up our legacy, we should be able to gain Character Experience faster. To prevent ridiculous complaints, I say that each Legacy Level would increase total EXP gain by... say, 0.5%, because we all know 1% would be ridiculously Overpowered and pretty much break the game (Level 50 Legacies would have +25% Experience, not including EXP boosters or Character Leveling Perks, and when combined to maximum effect, this would mean we can get EXP at 250% speed, counting EXP Boosters and Rested EXP, but not counting Character Leveling perks)

Well I can see it from both stands

People think it would ruin the game because they find the need to level as a reason to play and that is understandable

Myself on the other hand does not view the level grind as fun, I enjoy playing ops, warzones and just RPing with peeps

I don't need rewards to play, I just enjoy the content and storylines for just that, it's just fun to play a Sith

Maybe you could get level fifty for classes you have already played to 50

insta 50 is a terrible idea... but for gods sakes! give us a way to level that is not the ridiculous mind melting boring planet quests that we've done a million times already or warzones because not everyone likes to PvP