slicing at 400 is a waste

thevampirate

Started doing some tests to see how many credits I can rake in farming slicing at 400. The results, not gonna lie, a little mad. :mad:

After about 6 hours worth of running missions, going full 5 deployed companions at 400 skill, level 50 I have come up with on average making 2,400 credits per hour.

I know we are talking about clicking a button and letting the game do the work here, but that seems like a complete waste of effort. I hope the dev team takes a look at this and rethinks the reward for not only grade 6 lockboxes but the fact you can only run 2 of them at a time. This forces you to have 3 other companions run lower grade missions with even less reward.

2,400 credits per hour is pretty much useless at 50.

how many Discovery/THunting/Inves missions did you get in that 6 hours? that is where you get your money. Even when the market is flooded I can sell them for 10K or have an alt use them for the mats

I forgot to add that if you want to make credits with slicing you need to gather slicing nodes in the world. Slicing nodes in level fifty areas usually contain between a thousand credits and two thousand credits each.

how many Discovery/THunting/Inves missions did you get in that 6 hours? that is where you get your money. Even when the market is flooded I can sell them for 10K or have an alt use them for the mats

In that 6 hours I got 3 missions that each sold for about 3k.

Even with those selling it puts the average to 3,900k per hour. But I have also gone several nights without ever getting anything from lockboxes other than credits so that may be a poor estimated average. They also are not for sure sells or sell immediately. Thats why I left the credits made from those out. The base amount of credits needs increased... heavily.

This. Slicing is extremely lucrative, even without gathering nodes.

Sssh, don't wake the crowd! No need to make more people take Slicing, let the illusion remain that this crewskill is bad!:rolleyes:

On a serious note, running tier 5 & 6 lockbox missions give me on average 1 mission discovery in 6 missions. Which means close to 2 discoveries an hour. Excluding Investigation, all discoveries on my server sell for 10k+ with TH/UWT/Slicing 20k+. I think that's pretty ok for lazy buttonmashing and GTN'ing.

Not sure what kind of prices you have on your server but I made about 1,000,000 in 3 days with my alt, 3 companions out at the same time, the adv neural augments or w/e they're called sells for 17k-25k om my server, depends.