Not a single piece of gear?

Just went through an entire FP, not a single piece of gear dropped for my class, out of the 4 or 5 drops. How is it that this game has been out now for well over a year and this **** still happens? :mad:

It wouldn't be such a big deal if I had more time to waste, but I have a very limited window to play in. I'd like my freaking hour in a FP to atleast pay off

Edited by GlassToTheArson

It´s a game of luck, there is no rule that there must be a drop for every class.

Be happy that now mostly stuff drops for the classes that are present.

All those smuggler drops in EV back in the days which no one needed ;)

Just went through an entire FP, not a single piece of gear dropped for my class, out of the 4 or 5 drops. How is it that this game has been out now for well over a year and this **** still happens? :mad:

It wouldn't be such a big deal if I had more time to waste, but I have a very limited window to play in. I'd like my freaking hour in a FP to atleast pay off

If you were with three other classes, then each class's gear has an equal chance of dropping. That makes it (3/4)^4 = 32% that none of the four drops will be yours, or 24% if there are five drops.

If you are with two other classes, there's still a chance for the missing class's gear to drop, but it's lower than the ones that are present. I forget how it works exactly. So it would be a little more likely than (2/3)^4 = 20% that none of four drops would be yours in that case, or 13% for five drops.

In all cases, these are things that will happen a good percentage of the time.

It is purely random based on who is in the group. You want a guarantee your gear will drop, get a four man group of the same basic class and go on runs. I will have days where all the gear in a flashpoint is for me. Other times i will have streaks of nothing. It doesn't bother me because that's how it works. Sorry man but gearing up cant be super easy it takes time. And sure you run 10 Fp's and only get 2 pieces of gear at lvl 55 HM's that's not too shabby. This is an MMO, not a single player RPG. These games take a lot of time invested to get things done. If you're worrying about gear pre lvl 50 well that's a waste of time. Edited by BalpaChdal

I've seen reports of not getting any loot for the own class several times, even in the "The weird people ..." thread, I believe.

I've had it myself a few times as well, in Heroics, for example.

@Eternalnight : Good for you that it never occurred to you.

But is this your normal mindset to assume that what happens to you also happens to everyone else ? The concept of "bad luck" seems not to be part of your way to perceive this world, I guess ... ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

You can have bad or good streaks.

I did 4 HM 55 FPs in a day with my guild on my scoundrel ( me being the only smuggler in group), where we got 8 elite smuggler drops. (I was fully geared after that :) )

On the other hand, i have done 10-15 fps on my Powertech, and never seen a single Powertech tank drop.

Those are extreme examples, but with a system based on luck, you can get both extremes.