Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meanwhile in a secret EA/Bioware Development Team Meeting in a galaxy far, far away...

Boss: OK Team, we need some ideas to increase subscribers, exceed our budgets together with catering to the needs of every current, former and new player's gaming enjoyment.

Team member 1: Well, my idea is to fix all the bugs since Beta, put out 2 new planets with class stories taking players to L60, fix all the PvP balancing issues, add dynamics to the game so the worlds do not remain static, listen to all our players requests to enhance gaming enjoyment, well like, you know, other MMOs?

Boss: Fire that guy, worst idea I have ever heard, security, take him out. Anyone else with better ideas?

Droid member 1: More gambling packs.

Boss: Awesome idea, give that droid another raise! :)

Im just gonna edit that last sentence in your story to make it fit to EA's Model.

Boss: Great Idea. Implement it and fire that droid.

Lol I just noticed this hit 100k views. Nice. I still Maintain that nothing need's to happen to Dalborra.

Our populations have been on steady increase for some weeks now, with no declines so far. In fact if we inherited some of the user's from Master Dar'Nala or whatever its called, and Gav Daragon, we'd probably have our own little Oceanic 'mainserver' going, as it likely will have the highest populations out of the 3 for the foreseeable future.

Agreed! Now transfer us now!

One APAC server is what we want.

RP'ers can have their own channel. Though, as I have a toon on the RP server, I can even tell not a lot of this "RP" happens.

Obviously, the server would be PvE. There isn't even any OWPvP on MDN anyway, so there will be no loss.

PVPers can just flag cant they ?

One APAC server is what we want.

RP'ers can have their own channel. Though, as I have a toon on the RP server, I can even tell not a lot of this "RP" happens.

Obviously, the server would be PvE. There isn't even any OWPvP on MDN anyway, so there will be no loss.

A server merge to a High Pop PVE server is the most Practical, Sensible thing to do. Bioware, however, choose to believe F2P will fix the servers. Well, yes, we have had a nice steady increase in Pop on all servers, these are mostly free to play members that can only participate in three warzone's and, correct me if I'm wrong, can't Raid with out buying a cartel pass. We still can't get decent warzone's pops on MDN. Raiding isn't so much a problem for me, being part of a reasonably large guild, but I feel sorry for the poor buggers who aren't in a guild an can't raid, or do flashpoints.

A server merge will not only make most of the Subscribers still around Happy, and see and end to this thread, It will most likely see a return of a lot of Subs that have left because PvP has become extinct or they can't raid, form groups etc.

I believe that Biowares course of action is simply that they don't really want to see the APAC, or even this game continue. This only leads to the assumption they will milk the game to return as much profit as possible before closing up shop.

They speak about exciting planned content for the next few years, but their actions suggest otherwise.

A server merge is what is needed. The community said this months ago. You have the technology to do. Either you want this game to succeed or you don't. Continued silence only proves my point, You have given up on Star Wars: The Old Republic.

Is it 200 or 300 pages that a thread get's close and re-opened?

Well anyway, BW just make Dalborra a destination server, let Master Dar'Naalan's and GavD user's come and join us.

The people who choose to stay on their respective servers can then be merged in to a secondary server, chosen between MasterD and GavD.

We'd be left with: Dalborra - Oceanic Mainserver

GavD or MasterD - Oceanic secondary server [for those that want less lag/enjoy a slightly lower

population.

BW If you tinker with Dalborra, especially now that we're actually clawing our way back to decent populations, then I officially give up, I will not lose my names again, nor will the hundreds of people I've known to be on that server since Oceanic launch. We were lucky/smart and picked a PVE server [which typically does have higher populations than RP/PvP server].

My greatest worry in regards to this thread is that all this complaining [whilst completely warranted] will serve to get us handed a solution that many of us don't want , which is to be forced off Dalborra on to some 'new server' that doesn't exist at this time, which will result in thousands of people losing names that they specifically claimed at Oceanic launch to avoid that hastle/issue.

Is it 200 or 300 pages that a thread get's close and re-opened?

Well anyway, BW just make Dalborra a destination server, let Master Dar'Naalan's and GavD user's come and join us.

The people who choose to stay on their respective servers can then be merged in to a secondary server, chosen between MasterD and GavD.

We'd be left with: Dalborra - Oceanic Mainserver

GavD or MasterD - Oceanic secondary server [for those that want less lag/enjoy a slightly lower

population.

BW If you tinker with Dalborra, especially now that we're actually clawing our way back to decent populations, then I officially give up, I will not lose my names again, nor will the hundreds of people I've known to be on that server since Oceanic launch. We were lucky/smart and picked a PVE server [which typically does have higher populations than RP/PvP server].

My greatest worry in regards to this thread is that all this complaining [whilst completely warranted] will serve to get us handed a solution that many of us don't want , which is to be forced off Dalborra on to some 'new server' that doesn't exist at this time, which will result in thousands of people losing names that they specifically claimed at Oceanic launch to avoid that hastle/issue.

Think it used to be 100 pages but they just ignore us thes days with the occasional mod cleanup lol

1st thing i did when this post started was to go onto the other 2 APAC servers and create a toon with my mains name so i didnt lose it if we ever got merger same with the Harbinger incase we got sent back there :(

If they stay true to form, that's exactly what will happen. They will shut down all three APAC servers and dump all the toons onto a new 'mega-server'. That server may very well have the name 'Dalborra', but it won't be the original by any stretch. NA and EU server denizens are all too familiar with this occurrence. And expect names to be skewed from here to there, with all the logic of Lidsville on meth. The aforementioned NA/EU denizens are all too familiar with that, too.

A few days past, after Gav Daragon read as 'Heavy'...and where I logged in to find less than 30 people in the fleet (Heavy...really, EA? That's a Heavy server load?), I tried an experiment and made a toon on 'Standard' Dalborra. Almost immediate warzone pops, less than half an hour for Hammer Station to pop (as opposed to...oh...never on GD)...yeah, I'm annoyed that I can't play my almost-50 the way I want, but I'll cope, especially now that I can still keep my freakish hours and still find people to play with.

And if they merge the servers, I'll have two Operatives, but oh well...them's the breaks. Small price to pay for a server with a good population. Of course, having said that, I've likely jinxed everything completely.

- Bump -

For the sake of the Force, please stop ignoring us on Master Dar'Nala. It's 2013 already, what are you waiting for, Bioware? F2P didn't help our population much, neither did Christmas, and I highly doubt RotHC will either. Just give us the damn options to transfer already.

- Bump -

For the sake of the Force, please stop ignoring us on Master Dar'Nala. It's 2013 already, what are you waiting for, Bioware? F2P didn't help our population much, neither did Christmas, and I highly doubt RotHC will either. Just give us the damn options to transfer already.

I'm thinking that businesses have to show a little more patience that players in regards to big decisions like that. In other words, they're not going to do anything until F2P has been going for a good number of months.