I ruin every game I play, brackets please

CHRISGG

If they are being guarded and getting heals, sure yeah.... I can see that. What is it with you people? I honestly wonder if you are even playing the same game.

hes completely correct though. when i get guard + heals on my lvl 50 tank i kill the entire other team with no chance of dying. 1v3s and 1v2s come naturally too; they need a 50 bracket in this game. maybe not now, but eventually. i also wouldnt mind something like 1-39 and 40-50 or something along those lines. least 40+s have most of their abilities.

Edited by mimbs

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I do not agree with the OP, I would like to see this streamlined.

OP I have a Level 20+ Sith Jugganaut and I have managed to luck out with a 42 Sorc who heals for a ton. In those WFs I was with him I did exceptionally well. Sometimes out dpsing Level 40+ even a Level 50 Smuggler.

But I have also been in WFs where there was a Level 50 Marauder and a 50 Sorc combo, who came in with 30+ guildies, and were completely rocked out by 2, Level 50 Jedi combo.

The Sorc had no awareness and was standing in the middle of the damn general area and getting CCed to hell. And still wont move.

The point I am getting at is, alot of people, ALOT of people do not know how to PvP. They think if they are of a higher level they can own pretty much anything. Clearly thats not the case if there is a solid group.

But I will concede, I would like to see a bracket as well. Warhammer had this to a fairly successful exent. I am not sure why this cannot. It might also fix continuous stream of Huttball, but there is also a potential downside of alienating a certain bracket, most likely the lower levels, once more people are in their 40s to 50s.

Its day 3.

Do you honestly think they will not adress balance in PVP. How much did they spend developing this game? Do you think you have found out something they have missed...

C'mon man yea lowers will be missing skills and talent perks, but dont forget half the people playing the pvp are checking it out and dont even know how to pass the freaking huttball.

They are called noobs and there are a ton of them playing this game right now... mainly because everyone is new to the game lol.

non rated atm, so who really cares, everyone gets XP and credits, and its like 3 days into launch, easy there killer, just trying to have fun. 100 random games with 100 random pugs and your trying to base facts off this Faction. Ima say it again, take it easy slugger, we know u have more time in the game than we do.....cool. The rest of us with jobs will see u in a month, it'll be cool i promise.

non rated atm, so who really cares, everyone gets XP and credits, and its like 3 days into launch, easy there killer, just trying to have fun. 100 random games with 100 random pugs and your trying to base facts off this Faction. Ima say it again, take it easy slugger, we know u have more time in the game than we do.....cool. The rest of us with jobs will see u in a month, it'll be cool i promise.

Who cares?

People who want to have fun in PvP care.

And how exactly does any of this change by fixing brackets?

What do you suggest to fix this? Should Bioware give a bunch of people level 50 for free to increase the 50 population? Do you realize how silly you sound?

You levelled to 50 this fast, deal with it. When there more level 50s you will find them in world PvP. When there are more level 50s they will create a 50 only bracket for warzones.

Although I was having more fun reading this thread than participating, I cant help but agree with this guy.

The devs are trying to let all players participate in the game right now, not the extremely low percentage of people who have nerd grinded to 50 by day 3.

Im giving the OP and others siding with him the benefit of doubt that this is not their first MMO, but if so Ill help ya out... they will make changes to the system if it is unfair. happy?

Although I was having more fun reading this thread than participating, I cant help but agree with this guy.

The devs are trying to let all players participate in the game right now, not the extremely low percentage of people who have nerd grinded to 50 by day 3.

Im giving the OP and others siding with him the benefit of doubt that this is not their first MMO, but if so Ill help ya out... they will make changes to the system if it is unfair. happy?

i'd say this is your first mmo based on how naive you are.

How many subs are you going to lose because of this?

Why didn't you do something about it in beta?

Etc. Etc.

http://imgur.com/rPuis,ybmbn,fry5A,Yt88L,OtNbq

http://imgur.com/rPuis,ybmbn,fry5A,Yt88L,OtNbq#1

http://imgur.com/rPuis,ybmbn,fry5A,Yt88L,OtNbq#2

http://imgur.com/rPuis,ybmbn,fry5A,Yt88L,OtNbq#3

http://imgur.com/rPuis,ybmbn,fry5A,Yt88L,OtNbq#4

I don't really need to say much, screenshots are enough. You can't do anything like this so consistently (I mean this literally happens every game at least on Alderaan, I figured I didn't really need to SS and upload the 50+ games i've played and won dominantly though) on a level 30 or even 40. A level 50 is enough to turn the tides to the point that the enemy can't leave their spawn.

People who spout "Don't worry, in a month, there might be enough level 50's to fill their own games" don't know how the system works. If there is overflow (ie: one side has more 50's than the other) they will be placed into games against lower levels. Off peak, 50's will play against lower levels. This also won't even happen for weeks, and the damage will have already been done by then.

It is unacceptable that there is any potential for players who not only have more abilities and skill points, but far, far better gear to be placed in games against players who simply do not have the means at their disposal to do anything to them.

come to terentatek. lets see if you can win a single game :)

i'd say this is your first mmo based on how naive you are.

Not my first MMO ... so you think if there is imbalance to the degree of pure "domination" which is what is being claimed ... they wont address the issue?

They will adress the issue when they have more data to work with. If if it is as apparent as is claimed (which I have had no issues in BGs and Im lvl 22) then they are prob well aware of it.

Currently I win more than I lose and I run with 3 others that are my lvl range so though there may be some truth to the post I think there are other variables that affect the outcome of the match.

Over 100+ million invested in this game... Im sure they are watching things closer than you think. They have responded very well to issues that have come up with their game launch.

Damage done = new indicator of skill lmfao

And before you say "look at my objective score" I can tell you this right now... i've had over 13k objective points in Alderaan in a single game from doing 1/3 of the damage of the OP as an Operative in concealment spec.

OP was just a high level, high damage class that farmed medals/damage in PvP. There are lots of Mercs/Sorcerers doing over 200k in a WZ. So what?

Highest damage done =/= most useful person.

I have played Hutball and won 6-0 and been at the bottom of the scoreboard. I helped the scoring of all 6 of those points, while actually scoring 3 myself. I did only 40k damage... and got 300 objective points...

The entire other team was on top of the leader boards (lol) but lost... bad.

Week one people. Give it at least a month when those that didn't play beta catch up to those that did as well as have a better understanding of the classes. OP is good for laughs at least.:D

^^^

OP is misled and possibly show boating? Either way, I feel like minor tweaks are in order to the wz system, but overall it is done very well.

Edited by Bastionhawk

Damage done = new indicator of skill lmfao

And before you say "look at my objective score" I can tell you this right now... i've had over 13k objective points in Alderaan in a single game from doing 1/3 of the damage of the OP as an Operative in concealment spec.

OP was just a high level, high damage class that farmed medals/damage in PvP. There are lots of Mercs/Sorcerers doing over 200k in a WZ. So what?

Highest damage done =/= most useful person.

I have played Hutball and won 6-0 and been at the bottom of the scoreboard. I helped the scoring of all 6 of those points, while actually scoring 3 myself. I did only 40k damage... and got 300 objective points...

The entire other team was on top of the leader boards (lol) but lost... bad.

Another fantastic argument - "you might be utterly destroying every fight due to having a level 50 there and winning them all because of it, thus being able to freely capture the points, BUT that level 10 who did 20k damage was actually more useful."

World pvp is a joke, not enough lvl 50s. bgs are terrible because you gank everyone in sight. this game might actually be decent if i can play with and vs lvl 50s, and have a rated system too. right now i dont ever lose. only people i see in outlaw's den are lvl 30s who go thru lookin for treasure.

Ah yes...the curse of the power-leveler. Too bad for you. You missed out on a ton of good content and fun fights and now are stuck circle jerking waiting for everyone else to catch up to level 50.

World PvP is not a joke. I found a ton of awesome open world fights this weekend and my toon is only level 32. You just blew through the content too fast and are now bored because of your tardation.

One day, the kids will learn...

warzones will always be a joke if they leave it like it is.

WZs are a joke already and always have been. WZs are where carebears go to PvP.

You do know a lower level has more power because of Bolster don't you?

Of course I do.

A level 50 has more moves yes, has a better chance yes, but a lower level that understands it's class, can win vs a level 50.

More moves, more talent points, much better gear...Sorry, but any level 50 that loses a 1v1 in a WZ to any class under level 45 should just delete themselves...bolster buff or not.

Yet, level 50's that are good in this game can pre-made, and steam roll most of these Warzones in any giving moment.

Precisely. And this is not a Bioware, "bracket", problem. This is a player issue. These level 50s could just as easily form a group and roll in Ilum against other level 50s looking for fights. That's what true PvPers would do. However, they aren't because they are either cowards and afraid to fight other level 50s or they are PvPing to PvE (for WZ commendations). Either way, it smells like garbage.

I was on Ilum all day today doing quests and getting the pvp daily done. In several hours, the highest amount of people was 5 and that included 2 level 25s who I guess were out exploring. Most of the time I was the only person there. There were even some imperials in the pvp area because we were flipping the nodes back and forth, but because it's so huge we never actually ran into each other.

Props to you for giving it a proper go. Now if you could only pull the other level 50 carebears out of the WZs you would have some fights.

Amusing thing...My toon is only in the 30 level range. Spent most of the weekend on Tatooine and Alderaan. Found fight after fight in Open World PvP. Had a total blast. Only did 3 WZs all weekend, and only did those because my guildies pulled me in. The open world fights were so much more fun. No, they aren't predictable. But that's what makes them great. In your rush to hit level cap, a lot of you peeps missed out on some really good open world mid-level pvp fights.

He's pointing out that level 50s are broken in PvP.

This would be completely true if WZs were PvP. Fortunately, they are not and I'm quite certain the OP and other level 50s would have their hands more than full against other level 50s in open world pvp fights. So you sir are in fact wrong. Level 50s are not broken in PvP.

The biggest problem IMO has nothing to do with the damage they put out. The problem is that a 50 in decent gear is incredibly hard to kill. It's more of a "you can't stop their damage" than it is a "omgs they do damages!!".

I mean you can test this out fairly easily next time you hit a decently geared 50. You go smack a level 30 and take off 1/4 of their life with your combo. You go smack a the 50 and do maybe 10% if your lucky.

It makes all of their other advantages multiplicative rather than additive.

I might offer a suggestion to the OP. Why not role an alt and then provide examples of how hard it is to compete as a lower level player against fifties. I think seeing a comparison of the two sides of the coin might help illustrate the point better.

I can't judge one way or another, as I have not even played yet, still waiting for it to download and have been reading some of the discussions. Just trying to get some understanding.

You have seemed to show yourself a capable PVP player, and that is great. I would just like to see comparable information from you at a lower tier versus the higher tier, as I think that is an important data point. Since you played a lot in beta, and likely leveled very quickly I have to assume you have not spent much side on the other side of the coin. I would just be curious to see some data based on your experiences as a low level player versus higher level groups.

You certainly don't have to do it, nor am I demanding you do it, just something you might consider if you are interested in adding more data to the discussion.

I might offer a suggestion to the OP. Why not role an alt and then provide examples of how hard it is to compete as a lower level player against fifties. I think seeing a comparison of the two sides of the coin might help illustrate the point better.

You need examples? Lack of CC, talents, and inflated stats gear not enough?