1.7 Class Changes (Datamined)

ARagingNoob

They need to address tanks in this game. I feel like in PvP they don't have a place. Huttball you Still need to use 1 IMO, but some people may not see it. Jugs/guardians need a 10-15% damage increase. I really think that would be fair.

Also giving a stealth class a teleport with RotHC is going to be huge. That sounds super OP. 45 sec cd may be too amazing.

For PvP 45 seconds is pretty powerful, but anything longer than about a minute and it's relatively useless for PvE, so it's probably going to need a bit of tweaking once they see how it fits into the PvP meta and how badly it gets abused.

As far as tanks in PvP, I've always felt this game was at least on the right track. Some balance issues, maybe, but at least their abilites transfer over into WZs unlike a lot of games where things like taunt and guards have no affect on player characters.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's the VG tank that is the odd man out and could use some tweaking.

I agree so much with that :(

On a happier note since no one pointed this out:

> [HARD] Flashpoint: Hammer Station, [HARD] Flashpoint: Athiss, [HARD] Flashpoint: Mandolorian Raiders, [HARD] Flashpoint: Cademimu, recommended Item Rating 148 gear to complete, likely drop 156 gear.

no. absolutely not. not the way the rest of the game is currently structured. guardian tanks are *excellent* tanks with insane cc and cc immunity, and tankasins can dps and bring a ton of utility (most important being stealth guard, force pull, guard). as it stands now, there's room for one of each in every wz. it's the VG tank that is the odd man out and could use some tweaking.

I don't see guardian tanks at all anymore. I run into a few assassin tanks. But the teams I run with have 1 sin tank for guard swaps and the rest dps and healers. I still don't think they have a solid place in PvP yet. Vanguard tank does need tweaking. I do agree there.

Also using the walk with the ball would be so cool. Super op. But cool.

I don't see guardian tanks at all anymore. I run into a few assassin tanks. But the teams I run with have 1 sin tank for guard swaps and the rest dps and healers. I still don't think they have a solid place in PvP yet. Vanguard tank does need tweaking. I do agree there.

Also using the walk with the ball would be so cool. Super op. But cool.

I am a 29/12/0 Jug and i have done PuG ranked with you several times. Gilgamesh, Panser, Cates, Totherkins ETC.

Edited by Krayshawn

For the time being, Force Barrier will be a general Sage ability while the HP regen is a Seer tree talent.

wow now that excites me. If the HP regin on bubbles is descent + unfixed bubble stun + root kb + inreased force run = sage healer is the new op class?

Didn't exactly think I'd see a pro-smash argument, but I should've expected it.

Anyhow, you might be enjoying the passive 30% AoE damage reduction that some classes have, but there are still some of us who don't get that (even talented) and are stuck eating those 7k crits at 1200+ expertise.

And I'm sorry if you don't agree with me and I might not be as proficient with you in the class, but I have a jugg, a mara and a sentinel. I'm quite familiar with the rage spec and just can't fathom why somebody would actually make an argument for leaving it as it is.

When I see some of the best sentinels I know speaking about how much of a faceroll the whole smash spec is, I know it's a problem.

I am just trying to point out to people that a) the grass is not always so green on the other side, b) I don't want my tanking nerfed just because some people are getting killed in PvP, and c) I believe Rage/Focus will need serious buffs in other places to make up for any nerf to Sweep/Smash.

If they can fix the tree without ruining other things, I am all for it.

Sage healer is already the op class lol

Also I would never consider that tank have no place in PvP, having a jugg/guardian tank is a huge advantage. Same for tanksin for node guarding or hybrid dps etc blabla. As with the others vanguards tank need moar but I'm very surprised you don't see the place of tank pj-b. Imo 2 healers 1 tank is way stronger than 3 healers.

Edited by Dhrasur

11.1% per rank per stack. 2 ranks of the talent, 3 stacks of shockwave = 66.6%. A 6k smash becomes ~5k smash. A 9k smash becomes 7500. It is not the end of the world. Maybe some of you Fotm re-rolling **** will play something else.

66.7% of 6000 is not 5000. It is 4000.

I've had my sentinel since early-access, and used watchman spec until 1.4. So, I'm not a FotM sentinel. I actually tried using combat spec after 1.6, but the sheer number of bubble stuns literally kills sentinel if not focus specced.

66.7% of 6000 is not 5000. It is 4000.

I've had my sentinel since early-access, and used watchman spec until 1.4. So, I'm not a FotM sentinel. I actually tried using combat spec after 1.6, but the sheer number of bubble stuns literally kills sentinel if not focus specced.

/sigh

They aren't changing the base dmg of smash, only the portion buffed by shockwave.

Right now it does +100%. So if you had 0 stacks, you'd crit for 3k instead of 6k. Then you take the new stack of 66.66% added on to 3k and that gives you 5k.

Neb, did you see the updated post with DF changes? Probably going to make you drool if you haven't read it.

If they are the ones from a few days ago, then yes I saw them. I'm not getting my hopes up on any changes because they aren't in the patch or live yet.

Jugg tanks may be getting buffed America. Tbh though I didn't really feel like my survivability needed to be buffed the whole shield thing seems cool. And the ability that reduces the cd on leap would be fun for huttball. I would imagine though you'd have to go all the way up the the tree for it though. Because leaping every 5-10 seconds with not being able to be cc'd just doesn't sound right. I do know these are datamined and I would love any of the changes. In all honesty though I would drool over an accuracy reduction buff 5% is Meh atm. Edited by totherkins

Jugg tanks may be getting buffed America. Tbh though I didn't really feel like my survivability needed to be buffed the whole shield thing seems cool. And the ability that reduces the cd on leap would be fun for huttball. I would imagine though you'd have to go all the way up the the tree for it though. Because leaping every 5-10 seconds with not being able to be cc'd just doesn't sound right. I do know these are datamined and I would love any of the changes. In all honesty though I would drool over an accuracy reduction buff 5% is Meh atm.

Easiest way to get out of having to rebalance hybrids is to just buff pure specs :p

1.7 coming next Tuesday! I'm hoping that the smash nerf will happen then and not with the expansion. Sadly, it looks like the PTS isn't online and even if it did get online, we would only have 3-4 days to play against other servers... my dream for cross-server has been crushed :( Can PD hurry up and form their team already? :cool: Edited by Dhrasur

1.7 coming next Tuesday! I'm hoping that the smash nerf will happen then and not with the expansion. Sadly, it looks like the PTS isn't online and even if it did get online, we would only have 3-4 days to play against other servers... my dream for cross-server has been crushed :( Can PD hurry up and form their team already? :cool:

Ilye- join us on unreal:p but anyways we are missing two good dps that can be added to decimate and ditto on at the same time. Always have healers on the most or too many shadows. Plus we have a guardian tank now and need to work around his schedule too. It's hard:( we want to but not everyone is on at the same time.

Edited by Partygurl

I'll play with you if Uncensored has enough to run a full team. Now the other thing I have to say is no need for 2 "top" DPS. PD has many talented players even if some are arguably stronger than others. The discussion about the "perfect" team has been made many times and I think the community will miss a lot if we let that mentality hold us back. Both Uncensored and LD50 have been defeated by pug group so waiting for the perfect comp/perfect players feel silly to me. Uncensored will stop queing because they have me or deviluhoh online instead of Blunti for example. Same for LD50, they use all their players. Furthermore, what you guys are gonna be missing out the most is team chemistry and the more you wait to practice that, the more the gap in team power grow. I remember Jareese running a team without you Candy, vasyel, venus or yooni. So it's not like you don't have enough players! Also do Rezikj and Tazz still play or have they unsubbed again? I haven't seen them in a while and of course they would make your team very strong. I haven't seen Wahnsinnige in a long time either... probably gone, I miss him! :(

Pretty much what unreal said you can try to get the perfect team on but its rarely going to happen due to schedules and stuff happens that you don't expect. It's better to get your feet wet with a team that is good maybe not the best and work on team play mechanics. Ranked is a whole new ball game and you will probably lose at the start until you find your "groove" main thing is to try and realize mistakes you made win or lose and improve upon them Abd always try and keep the team motivated!

I'll play with you if Uncensored has enough to run a full team. Now the other thing I have to say is no need for 2 "top" DPS. PD has many talented players even if some are arguably stronger than others. The discussion about the "perfect" team has been made many times and I think the community will miss a lot if we let that mentality hold us back. Both Uncensored and LD50 have been defeated by pug group so waiting for the perfect comp/perfect players feel silly to me. Uncensored will stop queing because they have me or deviluhoh online instead of Blunti for example. Same for LD50, they use all their players. Furthermore, what you guys are gonna be missing out the most is team chemistry and the more you wait to practice that, the more the gap in team power grow. I remember Jareese running a team without you Candy, vasyel, venus or yooni. So it's not like you don't have enough players! Also do Rezikj and Tazz still play or have they unsubbed again? I haven't seen them in a while and of course they would make your team very strong. I haven't seen Wahnsinnige in a long time either... probably gone, I miss him! :(

I mean is all we have are healers and um healers. Diesel, Exile, cappadin,Hobi , Fynch, Hugon and Jareese and a few others I might of forgotten can do dps but not everyone is on consistently. Tazz and Rez have net issues. Yes Jareese formed a grp but he does not want to do that comp again. It's hard and I don't have time to stress putting a team together.

Edited by Partygurl