Gree Event, why even teast us with weapons if we cant get them

Planar

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are some people making good arguments, planning is important, maybe everything shouldn't just be handed out. But I think the point is many people have paid for this game 60 at time it came out + 15 or so per month. Limited events are fine give people a reward for playing daily or whatever. Here is my problem:

This is a game to consumers, consumers are NOT business planning, we are not here to spend our free time thinking on this "GAME" like its a job, business or what have you. This game is for fun. I think many people who are completionist like myself are bothered by the fact that the goal of Legend cannot be reached in the time allowed and those of who do NOT spend our entire day playing 1 - 12 level 50 characters to "min/max" reputation for items that really are not that awesome, sure i'd personally like to have that white gree armor but I frankly have a better suit of armor on my character (yes I only have 1 level 50 character) and would get it just to have it or to feel all tronish with my cyan saber.

I come from a long line of RPG pen and paper gaming and min/maxing is boring, its tedious and for the anal retentive, which means it will never go away. Games are meant to be fun but are invaribly turned into jobs of sorts. Some people spend more time gaming than living. While games are fun, working with or playing against people is fun it is not life, it is not living and game companies trying to cater to peoples obsession with gambling, collectibles and various other things to make money or get people to spend time I think is marginally criminal since its encouraging people to treat a game, be it against AI or real people, as though its life.

I have met many great people playing SWTOR, some of my PUG groups have been amazing, others not so much but real life friends are still more important than those who are only around for one FP or OP an then may or may not see again. Even people I do see regularly may not be around next week due to the next MMO that caters to obsessive compulsive behavior comes out. Don't kid yourselves that is all these games are, collecting things that have no benefit what so ever, spending hours (sometimes more than full-time work hours) playing a game to collect something of no game value or real world value. Now that it is F2P you have people spending more on the game now buying Cartel Coins gambling for prizes than if they had just bought the game to begin with and paid a subscription.

Back on topic, it would be nice to know for sure if this event will indeed be continued to finish earning reputation to get items desired or if the casual person who is not spending hours a day playing multiple characters to achieve things that have no real benefit.

Oh and I might add, seriously with all the money the game has made at least make the items from an event unique. That light saber people talk about (or at least the one I want for my guardian) is the exact same hilt as many other lightsabers I can just buy with comes in the game. The only difference is it has a crackling effect on the lightsaber blade that I find personally unappealing. Are the developers really that lazy or just plain unimaginative? Should Gree items have a unique look and feel now found in the everyday aspects of the game? Why is everything in this game look exactly the same just with different color schemes. The only thing I have seen with effort is I saw a guy on a mount that looked like the fast travel speeders with smoke coming out of the end of it, apparently some unique item offered back in the day. I have seen another speed that everyone can buy that is truly different but again for me personally ugly as sin, I didn't like the speeders in the phantom menace and I don't like them now as a mount but at least its different than just a change of color from whats already out there.

If the Gree event will indeed be continued and reputation is not reset to start from 0 but can be built up from where it left off so that items can be gotten later then much of my personal complaint is moot. That would be fair those who spend the time to get it early my hats off to them for having that kind of time to spend "earning" their reward, America might be a better place if more Americans would "earn" their pay and spend that energy they have on a game to apply to their work life, arguments against bad employers set aside. But again at least the early winners of the spoils have what is desirable and the and those who did not make it that far can just get it later.

I'm sure there will be comments refuting, defending, or flaming my own but I will make my own disclaimer these are my opinions and i'm sure there are some that share them and some that don't.

Even if they had not intended for anybody to earn the weapons this time through, it is still good to show that they are there. It gives people something to work towards. Take this scenario: Player logs on and goes to check out the available rewards on the vendor. Doesn't like the armor. Doesn't see the weapons because they couldn't be attained until the next round, so why show them? Decides not to take part because the player is not interested in the rewards. Suddenly, when the event comes back and the player hears about the weapons that are now available, it is a huge disappointment because he/she has to start from the beginning with earning rep. Also must wait until the third round of the event to earn the weapon.

In that scenario, if the player knows straight away that the weapons will be available, he/she can start working toward gaining them, even that will not happen until round two of the event.

It's nice to have a goal to work toward.

Maybe tonight, if I can be bothered. For now, just take my word for it. (And it's 30k total, not a 30k increase.)

So it's 70k total from the start to legend ? I've already got that saved up , hmm , still I might still play the event as it gives daily coms and money , the odd level 50 orange armoring piece for companions. Good to know but yeah we would like a screenshot though if possible.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

If you can get everything with one level 50 in 2 weeks, then that's ok.

But the design of this is just... strange. You make it so difficult to determine whether people can get the weapons or not by making it hard to calculate. It is best to keep it simple. Don't make people "save tokens" in order to reach champion. And what is the purpose of the weekly caps in conjunction with tokens?

It is best to just make it a traditional rep grind, where there is a weekly cap, but what you see is what you get.

Give a flat rep increase rather than save tokens to be used in weeks to come.

I've already heard some people say, oh you don't get rep for killing world bosses. Yes you do, you just need to loot the token off the boss. But why this extra token step? Why not just give a direct rep from killing the world boss? What purpose does this new method of getting rep accomplish? Why this strange innovation that confuses people more than helps people?

Edited by ConradLionhart

Maybe tonight, if I can be bothered. For now, just take my word for it. (And it's 30k total, not a 30k increase.)

That would be much appreciated. I thought my grind was over because I had enough stockpiled to get over 60k total (20k for legend). So....I guess not.

Thanks

Also, people seem to ignore the possibility of farming reputation outside the Dailies. The Ancient Gree Destroyers (the ones you have to kill for one of the PvP-dailies' bonus mission) can be found south of the pvp-area. 8 spawn points in total, 7min respawn, grant 1 270-reputation tokens per fight (with a chance of getting the L1-L Defender -pet) and they are easy enough to be soloed (I've done it on a Watchman-Sentinel and a Hybrid-Sage multiple times, no companions available). They only drop 1 rep-item, so grouping seriously degrades the amount of farming you can do. Edited by Memo-

They don't go poof. The vendors will be there next Tuesday and many people will have the weapons 1-5 min. after the reputation reset.

Interesting, is the Weekly cap going to be reset even though the Event will be gone? I'd imagine it to remain at 0 till the next Event.

If I'm mistaken, then I'm already Legend. :D

From what I have been told, you can keep popping those core/chip/artifacts each week following the event. If you maximize each week you will hit champion just barely, followed by legend three weeks later.

~13k max max per week to get to 30k for legend.

Edited by BobaScott

All of you stop ************! If there is any one ************ it should be me since today i get my 23 Helix and i`m short of 1 to get my weapon and all of this because is a pain in the *** to find a grp to kill Xeno and i mist it on the first week so THX BioWare for showing us what good items you made but just SHOW us you might as well make a glass stand near the NPC and put them like an exposition .

And this is my feeling regarding the limitation to a 2 week only event https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2718907248/536da700833bea2c40d99fada3d1266e.jpeg

Edited by Ildriel

There's also more to it instead of just not planning carefully.

Namely THE TIME one can spend playing the game.

The event (time of duration, cap limits and accessibility) seems not to be well planned for casuals.

E.g. I cannot play the game everyday for few hours to finish all the event quests to gain maximum Reputation points daily.

Despite my best efforts, grouping as much as I could for anything, flying all over the Galaxy, doing bonus droids, etc, I did not gain required tokens to reach the Champion one or another way. Still missing some few thousands.

Just because I cannot drop everything else and spend 2 weeks in a row in game.

So, I am left with unknown length of waiting for the event to come back and then all those "rewards" woudl be already boring and obsolete, because in meantime we will get other items and no one woudl even remember about Gree weapons.

Ergo: an event for hard core players who have nothing else to do.

Edited by Przemo_No
typos

All of you stop ************! If there is any one ************ it should be me since today i get my 23 Helix and i`m short of 1 to get my weapon and all of this because is a pain in the *** to find a grp to kill Xeno and i mist it on the first week so THX BioWare for showing us what good items you made but just SHOW us you might as well make a glass stand near the NPC and put them like an exposition .

And this is my feeling regarding the limitation to a 2 week only event https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/2718907248/536da700833bea2c40d99fada3d1266e.jpeg

You can still get the 18 helix weapons, purely for transferring mods between characters.

I barely made it to 24 on three of my characters today or else I would be in the same boat. I started on Wednesday.

Edited by Knockerz

l2p OP, I am getting weps in 1 or 2 weekly resets max.

what is there to play when as a tank i get kicked from ops asap if i dont have full 146 gear

is funny tomorrow my subscription also expire is good the game will expire as-well =))

Edited by Ildriel

You'r own fault for not getting a group. Theres ALWAYS a couple of 16m ops active on my server.

POintless thead. Why?

The weekly cap will be reset next week.

The Event will come back

The vendor wont disappear next week.

/thread

I don't know about you, but tomorrow I'll be able to buy all weapons and will still have enough commendations left for 2 spares...

I just hope the vendors will stay long enough for me to reach Legend so I could buy that toy Gray Sacant.

Edited by Aelther

In my server every day i see groups to Xeno, dont know why its different ir ur server...

I have 40 Helix and i dont make the Ilum quests at 3 days ago...

Edited by chaosmadness

There's also more to it instead of just not planning carefully.

Namely THE TIME one can spend playing the game.

The event (time of duration, cap limits and accessibility) seems not to be well planned for casuals.

E.g. I cannot play the game everyday for few hours to finish all the event quests to gain maximum Reputation points daily.

Despite my best efforts, grouping as much as I could for anything, flying all over the Galaxy, doing bonus droids, etc, I did not gain required tokens to reach the Champion one or another way. Still missing some few thousands.

Just because I cannot drop everything else and spend 2 weeks in a row in game.

So, I am left with unknown length of waiting for the event to come back and then all those "rewards" woudl be already boring and obsolete, because in meantime we will get other items and no one woudl even remember about Gree weapons.

Ergo: an event for hard core players who have nothing else to do.

They cant take every aspect of a game thats primarily based on grinding and make it easymode for casuals. Im also a casual player as well, but if I dont have/want to put in the time, then I shouldnt get the rewards.

Edited by RefugeASSASSIN

They cant take every aspect of a game thats primarily based on grinding and make it easymode for casuals. Im also a casual player as well, but if I dont have/want to put in the time, then I shouldnt get the rewards.

I'm in the same boat and totally cool with it. However, you must remember that a lot of players feel entitled to have everything immediately without working for it.

I would agree that its annoying they made it only two weeks but ya know, having something to look forward to working on and it being a really cool event, I have no complaints... but I have to say, having a official statement of how frequent the event will be would be nice, maybe a calender of events...