Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is most sad, is , they are going to make you pay for your transfer.

I know alot at this point probably don't care about that......

But I do not think anyone on these servers should have to pay for it.

In his defense, he hasn't worded that we will be paying for it, just that there will be a live character transfer.

However, for a team that believes that we will pay $15 for gear and re-colours of gear, I don't have high hopes that it will be free.

12 months down the track and they still prove we are the RED ZONE and the forgotten

FRACK THIS crap, "the servers are rocking!" is the bigest load of BS, they obviously skim past our 168 pages / 1680 posts sheesh

On Dalborra's starter planets are busier however endgame has not changed much since F2P went live (with current restrictions on F2P wont change endgame any time soon) not sure if other 2 have much of an increase at all.

Merge (transfer) of all 3 servers onto 1 existing or 1 APAC Mega Server (preferred) is still a major request which is still being ignored for 5 MONTHS now

Here is what will happen:

1. Paid server transfers will launch. A large percentage will pay to leave MD and GD to Dalborra.

2. One or two months later, an announcement will be made that MD and GD are closing and all remaining toons will be transferred to Dalborra for free.

3. People who paid for the server transfer will rage

4. People who chose not to leave will rage

Wow, just...wow. I feel so sorry for you guys. So character transfers are planned for the second half of the year, probably towards the end. So you will be stuck on these servers for at least 9 more months probably. I remember how it was in spring 2012 when most servers were dead. I am now on a healthy EU server. I can't help but feel the APAC players have been forsaken. Mr. Hickman should have also worded his announcement more carefully as well, I mean i can't imagine how you guys felt when he said "the servers are rocking!".

How did I feel?

Absolutely astounded by their arrogance, or is it stupidity. Its kinda hard to keep track these days with them. A merger will come, eventually, or the servers will be shutdown due to poor income from the lack of players. In the meantime, how many loyal subscribers will they loose because they continued to ignore us. He said at the end that they are working towards making the game WE want to play.

Well, Mr Hickman, WE want server merges and have so since July last year.

Edited by Spinikar

Another reason that the population of these servers is suffering is that existing characters on any of the US or EU server cannot transfer to APAC, not even if they are willing to pay a transfer fee.

If you missed the free transfer period then there is now no way you can move your character there. Its stuck where you made it.

I agree though that the APAC servers need to be consolidated. As a result of the low population we are now seeing long time APAC players simply creating character on the US server and playing there. The US server during APAC peak time is still busier than any of the APAC severs during APAC peak.

Bioware - Fix it!

A starting planet on a US server during the off time has more than the MDN Fleet during its Prime time.

To quote Mr Hickman, Their servers are rocking for sure, which is Great!.........but only after they were merged.

How did I feel?

Absolutely astounded by their arrogance, or is it stupidity. Its kinda hard to keep track these days with them. A merger will come, eventually, or the servers will be shutdown due to poor income from the lack of players. In the meantime, how many loyal subscribers will they loose because they continued to ignore us. He said at the end that they are working towards making the game WE want to play.

Well, Mr Hickman, WE want server merges and have so since July last year.

Of course this was after months of demanding an APAC server.

"You gave us what we wanted and now we hate it!"

12 months down the track and they still prove we are the

Merge (transfer) of all 3 servers onto 1 existing or 1 APAC Mega Server (preferred) is still a major request which is still being ignored for 5 MONTHS now

Except for the part where they said "We'll decide what to do with APAC after we've seen how F2P goes.

Of course this was after months of demanding an APAC server.

"You gave us what we wanted and now we hate it!"

We never demanded an APAC server. And how long did US cry for a server merge before it was given to them?

Troll unsuccessful, now get out of our thread.

i really don't think there will be a merge in APAC. i think everything will be migrated to the US. just give it time. it's also for the best.

really suggest re-rolling in one of the US servers while you wait for the migration/shutdown.

HELL NO!! (did make a toon there to keep my main toons name tho :) incase forcibly moved there)

We never demanded an APAC server. And how long did US cry for a server merge before it was given to them?

Troll unsuccessful, now get out of our thread.

troll,

Australasian demand their server and bw give 3 to them.

I truly don't get why this is so hard.

Because BW is a BUSINESS. And businesses can't just make big decisions like that in a snap. They're going to watch what happens over a period of months, have a lot of discussions, run numbers and so on. And F2P dropped fairly recently. So yeah, they're going to take what THEY consider a reasonable amount of time to decide.

Also, remember that these forums are the home to many a loud minority. So taking the forum as an accurate reflection of TOR players in general is the definition of bias.

I've seen around a threefold increase in population on Gav Daragon when I've been playing since F2P, really not worried.

I have a toon on Gav Daragon. Can I ask where this player increase is? I sit on my ~mid 20 character on the fleet and see 60-75 people on fleet. When I /who planets, I dont see overly impressive numbers. I mean, Bastion isn't one of the best populated servers, but that still has 2 or 3 instances of planets. I never see Taris(2) or Drommund Kaas(1) on any APAC server.

troll,

Australasian demand their server and bw give 3 to them.

Actually the Oceanic community were pretty annoyed that at the 11th hour, we were informed the game would not be available in our region. Quite a few Oceanic players at the time pre-ordered from the overseas in order to be able to play at release.

It was not until later that EA/Bioware announced an Oceanic release and servers slotted for Q1 2012.

So no, we did not demand the servers, though at the time we did appreciate them. With the decline in subscriptions, EA/Bioware decided to focus on fixing issues in the US and Europe, and ignore the Oceanic community once again.

I have a toon on Gav Daragon. Can I ask where this player increase is? I sit on my ~mid 20 character on the fleet and see 60-75 people on fleet. When I /who planets, I dont see overly impressive numbers. I mean, Bastion isn't one of the best populated servers, but that still has 2 or 3 instances of planets. I never see Taris(2) or Drommund Kaas(1) on any APAC server.

When I was playing before F2P I would see 20-30 people on Imp Fleet and 15-20 people on Drimund Kaas and 15-30 people on Rep Fleet and 20-30 on Coruscant. On worlds like Voss I'd be lucky to see one other person, generally 3-4 on Corellia nad Belsavis.

Now I'm seeing between two and three times those figures dependin on day and time. Even saw ten people on Voss last night.

This is just my anecdotal experience, but then so is everyone elses data.