new planets in next expansion

elfbearpig

they wouldnt make it 300 years later due to the fact that your characters wouldnt be alive in that timeframe but that would be cool if they cryo froze u or something

I think he's referring to the fact that SWTOR is set 300 years after the events of KotOR, ie the last time we saw Menaan and Dantooine.

^ I agree about Dantooine and Manaan.

Maybe Kashyyyk, because Wookiees, or Taloraan because a gas giant with cities would be a neat new sort of environment for SWTOR.

Haruun Kal would be perfect, as Korunnai are said to be descendents of Jedi who crashed there during the Great Sith War a couple of generations or so prior to KOTOR's time.

I'd personally like to see something new. Possibly Arkania due to the fact that the Arkanians played a large role in the KOTAR comics. I'd like to see how the world has changed for the offshoots, the genetically altered, in superior race. Or even a planet like Ithor and the lore of the mysterious forests, and the Ithorian Force Tradition. Or maybe Dathomir and the Force Witches!

There are plenty of planets that would be awsome for an expantion(taloraan!!), but from a marketing perspective, it would be most efficiant to use planets that non-hardcore star wars fans have heard of.

I think naboo would be a great planet because of the fact you could have the underwater gungan citys, along with the countryside, and citys such as theed.

Kashyyyk would be great because wookies are such a great part of the star wars universe.

Geonisious(sorry for bad spelling) would be excellent because of the arenas. It would be a great basis for some kind of arena style pvp.

Also, yavin 4 because in the knost dural jurnal entries it talks about the dark temples, which could be a great plot basis.

I'd personally like to see something new. Possibly Arkania due to the fact that the Arkanians played a large role in the KOTAR comics. I'd like to see how the world has changed for the offshoots, the genetically altered, in superior race. Or even a planet like Ithor and the lore of the mysterious forests, and the Ithorian Force Tradition. Or maybe Dathomir and the Force Witches!

Dathomir !!! good idea. the dead sisters. would love to kill a few of them.

Geonisious(sorry for bad spelling) would be excellent because of the arenas. It would be a great basis for some kind of arena style pvp.

Also, yavin 4 because in the knost dural jurnal entries it talks about the dark temples, which could be a great plot basis.

Geonosis I doubt, since it's basically a rocky wasteland and we enough wasteland plantes already (Korriban, Tatooine, Hoth, ...). Yavin IV would be pretty cool.

Personally I'd like to revisit Manaan too. Koltoi is referenced several times in the game and it would make sense for both sides to fight over control of it. Dantooine runs a close second.

You are all setting yourselves up for disappointment.

High hopes for game features, lead to expectations, and when those expectations are not met you end up disappointed. If you have no expectations then you cannot be (as) disappointed. This is also one reason why I have never looked up what bosses drop what gear in any MMO I have played; I would rather be pleasantly surprised than profoundly disappointed.

I am of the same opinion with regard to the new movies. All the speculation and rumor, and posting what you hope will be included, will only cause sadness and anger when it does not happen.

Furthermore, the fact is that even though RotHC is still just over the horizon, chances are the developers are already working on the next "expansion." Do you really think that RotHC started development when they announced it only several months ago? My point is that any "suggestion" you make here, good or otherwise, will not come to be for quite some time.

I therefore call upon the player base to just let the developers do their jobs. Stop these "what do you want to see..." speculation threads because no good can come of them.

Geonosis I doubt, since it's basically a rocky wasteland and we enough wasteland plantes already (Korriban, Tatooine, Hoth, ...). Yavin IV would be pretty cool.

Personally I'd like to revisit Manaan too. Koltoi is referenced several times in the game and it would make sense for both sides to fight over control of it. Dantooine runs a close second.

"When kolto was replaced in favor of bacta, the Republic abandoned Manaan, and the Selkath left Ahto City for their ancient cities in the depths of the planet's oceans. Manaan did not have further contact with the galaxy until the Selkath were enslaved by the Galactic Empire sometime during the Galactic Civil War."

"Bacta was invented by the Vratix on the planet Thyferra in antiquity, with the galaxy at large learning of its properties around 4,100 BBY."

4,100 BBY = Year 447 before the Treaty of Coruscant (BTC)

Sorry man, probably no Manaan :/

You are all setting yourselves up for disappointment.

High hopes for game features, lead to expectations, and when those expectations are not met you end up disappointed. If you have no expectations then you cannot be (as) disappointed. This is also one reason why I have never looked up what bosses drop what gear in any MMO I have played; I would rather be pleasantly surprised than profoundly disappointed.

I am of the same opinion with regard to the new movies. All the speculation and rumor, and posting what you hope will be included, will only cause sadness and anger when it does not happen.

Furthermore, the fact is that even though RotHC is still just over the horizon, chances are the developers are already working on the next "expansion." Do you really think that RotHC started development when they announced it only several months ago? My point is that any "suggestion" you make here, good or otherwise, will not come to be for quite some time.

I therefore call upon the player base to just let the developers do their jobs. Stop these "what do you want to see..." speculation threads because no good can come of them.

All it's good for is passing time, really.

"When kolto was replaced in favor of bacta, the Republic abandoned Manaan, and the Selkath left Ahto City for their ancient cities in the depths of the planet's oceans. Manaan did not have further contact with the galaxy until the Selkath were enslaved by the Galactic Empire sometime during the Galactic Civil War."

"Bacta was invented by the Vratix on the planet Thyferra in antiquity, with the galaxy at large learning of its properties around 4,100 BBY."

Yeah, I read up on that right after I posted, but still kolto is referenced several times in the game (kolto tanks, kolto injectors, ...), whereas I haven't seen a single mention of bacta. Which would mean that kolto is still in wide use at the time of the game, which would still make Manaan a viable location.

4,100 BBY was more than 100 years before KotOR, which first introduced Manaan and Kolto, so even if that's when the galaxy started using Bacta, it's doesn't look like that's when it replaced Kolto.

The timeframe for Kolto finally getting phased out is still up in the air, and they could even use this game as an opportunity to expand the story of how that change happened beyond just "Bacta was better".

Personally, I'd really like to see Onderon/Dxun.

I'd love to see Onderon and Dxun make it. Onderon could be something like Dromund Kaas in size, having both the city of Iziz and some wild landscapes to venture in. Dxun could be the same size as the starter planets, basically being an extention of Onderon rather than a "planet" of it's own. Lots of opportunities for storytelling there, especially with Dxun... and of course the wild beasts to hunt. :D

• 10 months later...

For gods sake forget about geonosis people or any other movie planet for once! If anything they need to expand current planets in the game. For what it's worth:

- Onderon: good for all classes story wise with royal houses good and bad.

- Dxun: great for raids, heroics with All the beasts etc.

- Chandrila: Jedi tombs, beautiful agricultural plains with elegant cities

- Malastare: mentioned in Ep1, Bioware could really go to town on this one, LimeGreen glowing methane lakes/swamps

- Ryloth: an abundance of history and events to surface here, and the name just sounds like an expac planet.

- Thule: Sith lore, UlicQelDroma, Xim the Despot, lightning storms, Bioluminescent Moss.

- Yavin 4: Crapton of Sith/Massassi Lore, NagaSadow, ExarKun..