Player in-game marriages (not just for companions)

celebnaur

I would like to suggest the idea of in-game player marriages rather then to only companions.

- "implication" on a players legacy tree

-added bonus if you marry a companion or a another player

-a type of "racial" marriage title and item (or relic)

-the ability to maybe "Earn" the player marriage. such as by completing quests together, daily/weekly, etc. :D

Edited by celebnaur

I think it would be cool too, but not just marriage... being able to link my Legacy to someone else's in some other fashion would be cool too. Having a display Legacy name as well as a personal Legacy name would be very nice - basically if my wife and I have our character's get married it would be nice if we could display the same surname. Or if my kids played and I wanted them identified as part of my in-game family.

• 9 months later...

I wanted to bring this idea back up again.

I also wanted to add the ability to divorce your companions in-order to do what I listed above. In fact I strongly would like to be able to have this option.

(As of currently, I haven't played swtor in weeks mainly due to this. Pretty much all my leveling and level 50 is wasted.)

This is a great Idea should have this System go hand to hand with the Legacy System.

More Cool Abilities

f you married another player should have these skills:

-Teleport your love one to your location (The love can accept the teleport or not) *With a Cooldown of course*

- Sacrifice your health for your love one.

- Enable a Unity Shield that would protect you and your love one for a certain amount of team.

Of course all these skills wont work in Warzones,Flashpoints and Operations.

Edited by loztchild