High Guildship cost = No new guilds?

Kuruus

I haven't looked into this very much, but as far as I know, the Guild ship is supposed to be involved in some sort of PvP-ish 'Conquest' thing. I doubt that enough people in my Guild are interested in that enough to bother with it.

So, it might slow down the creation of new PvP-centric guilds, but not PvE-centric guilds.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't looked into this very much, but as far as I know, the Guild ship is supposed to be involved in some sort of PvP-ish 'Conquest' thing. I doubt that enough people in my Guild are interested in that enough to bother with it.

So, it might slow down the creation of new PvP-centric guilds, but not PvE-centric guilds.

The "Conquest" thing you're referring to is actually PvE-centric, NOT PvP.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Here’s my issue with the 50-130 million credit cost. It’s a bad business decision for EA.

Established guilds will be able to pull this off, sure. My guild is already at 60 million and climbing fast. Smaller and less experienced guilds, however, will have issues raising that price. So the smaller guilds are getting the shaft. That’s life in MMO’s right? Smaller guilds always get glossed over.

Here’s why this is different.

As most folks whom are ok with the price tag have stated, “it just takes a little time and effort to earn that money, and you’ll eventually get it”. Thing is… MMO gamers aren’t known for their patience. We’re a community of twitchy now junkies, for the most part. Many of the gamers aren’t going to have the fortitude to grind for weeks to get the ship fully unlocked. They’re going to go RIGHT to the gold farmers.

The reason this is going to be bad for EA, is that despite what they seem to believe, their player base has a limited amount of money. EA’s strategy seems to be “Players will blow their credits on the guild ships and legacy storage, and then buy cartel coins to pay for strongholds.”

That sounds good on paper, except legacy storage is absurdly over priced for what little it offers, and when the exciting new cartel packs being released contain little more than a bunch of lazy re-colours (re-colours…in a game with an established dye system) then you’re offering little incentive to actually buy from the market, rather than the gold sellers.

EA will still obviously make money off of this deal, but I think it’ll be less than they’re expecting.

I think the initial cost of the guild ship is steep, but acceptable. The rest of the unlocked sections, however, should be drastically cut. Legacy storage, for what they’re offering, should be 10 mil tops. The idea that people will be flocking to the gold farmers really puts me off.

Again for people who are level 55, let me fix that for you. New guilds dont start always with level 55, start with lower level, I have one of my characters in a new guild and we have 260 members and only 2 level 55, bank total less than 1 mill.

From what I have seen the guildship is basically end game content (I could be wrong), but why exactly do I need a guild ship on a level 20 character running around. I don't really think I'm going to conquer many planets with a bunch of underleveled guildmates running around without 1/2 our abilities.

Most new guilds priority should be getting players to endgame activities be it PvP or Operations. Stuff they can do as a group. From there they can decide what fluff they want to concentrate on. Everyone just want instant gratification.

Personally I'm not a member of my guild for any of this fluff. I could care less about strongholds, guildships, XP Boost or any of the rest. I play with the people I do because they have a similar attitude towards the game as me, we can joke around, we don't waste each others time and they enjoy doing ops and challenging themselves and the group in content .

But then you'd have small guilds complaining how large guilds form even larger alliances that are pushing them to the side.

They could set the limit of the alliances to the max guild member size. Or even if they didn't, it could make for some interesting server "politics." People might actually start caring more about how they treated people in other guilds.

Shouldn't that be a kind of motivation? To level up? To save up credits?

If people you play with are not motivated enough they are not worth the effort.

what is the motivation for big guilds with 500 million credits? they will buy it on day 1 and have no satisfaction at all. something should be done to draw this out to excruciating lengths for them so they value their achievement