Being a sub dont feel so special

JunkyardWolf

I have been a sub since day 1,so has my wife. We started to see every thing we as sub's have for sale on the GTN since the whole Cartel thing started. with the exception of maybe a couple things like the speeder for refer a friend its all on the GTN for sale. So why should i feel special as a sub? Do i get cool gear thats only for sub's? no,Speeders?no,heck we even gotta pay for rise of the hutt update. So just what do we as sub's who are the base pay that keeps the game running get that the other dont? Coins to buy stuff that i can sell to non subs in like a day and a half? well theres a big whoopie! dont seem like much that we can find. so tell me why are we so special ?

As much as I hate giving EA/BioWare my money, I will only give them money for digital expansions to move on into endgame and just for the 6 months recurring sub. If you went to Preferred/FTP status, you will hate it so freakin' much. Being a lower status player is suppose to coerce you into subbing. Trust me. You never do not want to be a sub playing this game. :(

I'm starting to feel the same way.

It's becoming too direct marketing in their attempts to RMT rather than retain a sure 15-30+ bucks a month.

Of course changing this would be too wise a business model.

They would be smart to follow the way TSW (Funcom) treats their subs. That's a sub I feel I get something out of. This? 500 coins and some hotbars? Meh.

I like (most subs by now) am near my cancel point, I'll still play tor but after making a free account, it's really not that bad.

I have been a sub since early access, personally i don't feel entitled to great gear or speeders because i sub, I know i get to do pvp & flashpoints & ops when ever i choose something a non-sub cannot, so i feel its worth it & the community is big.

I am sick of this attitude of entitlement to better stuff than non subs, we get more content & a few other minor bonuses like 500 cartel coins, I sub not for what i can get out of BW but for the fun I get out of the game.

I think BW do a good job trying to keep the ungrateful & the grateful happy in this game, I would love to see some form of player housing or power base to mod up & make our own, but i don't moan like many others on these forums because they don't get what they want.

Be happy for what we have & make suggestions in the suggestion box for any new content you would like to see for subs, if its not outrageous they may put it in if its a good idea & other players ask for it.

;)

Edited by DarthVec

I have been a sub since early access, personally i don't feel entitled to great gear or speeders because i sub, I know i get to do pvp & flashpoints & ops when ever i choose something a non-sub cannot, so i feel its worth it & the community is big.

I am sick of this attitude of entitlement to better stuff than non subs, we get more content & a few other minor bonuses like 500 cartel coins, I sub not for what i can get out of BW but for the fun I get out of the game.

I think BW do a good job trying to keep the ungrateful & the grateful happy in this game, I would love to see some form of player housing or power base to mod up & make our own, but i don't moan like many others on these forums because they don't get what they want.

Be happy for what we have & make suggestions in the suggestion box for any new content you would like to see for subs, if its not outrageous they may put it in if its a good idea & other players ask for it.

;)

I agree with you 100 percent. Subs complain too much about what they dont have and do not appreciate what they do. They just feel the need to have more. You already have the free PVP and FP, what more do you need over the FTP? All in my own opinion, i think its a fair deal, i am quite happy with what i was provided with.

I agree with you 100 percent. Subs complain too much about what they dont have and do not appreciate what they do. They just feel the need to have more.

/Agree.

what more do you need

Not so much "need"... "want" is the better term, sprinkled with a healthy topping "feeling entitled". But to answer your question... I think the unexpressed burning need is....... cookies.... they want cookies and lots of them. :D

Maybe if EAware would actually start caring about their subscribers a bit more and give subscribers way more than the free to play person. This might actually bring more people into the subscriber base. 500 cartel market coins a month is such a joke. If it was 1000 that would be a start. But I too have been asking myself whats the point in paying a subscription. The servers are still laggy on all planets and freaking horrid on fleet. I love the game, just wish they actually cared about their subscribers who still actually pay to play.

I don't think it's so much an ENTITLEMENT but that if you're gonna make it different between F2P, Preferred and Sub, at least make it a noticeable and WORTH WHILE difference. I mean yea, the difference between F2P and Sub is a big difference to those who have been subbing for a while, but someone JUST coming into the game is gonna go "Well I can just buy the stuff I wanna do from the GTN, so why sub?". There needs to be a clear incentive for us paying our $14.99 +tax a month.

The only gripe I have being a sub is that more content is being designed for the cartel market then the game that subs pay to play.

Sure they give us some monthly cartel coins but not nearly enough to go after all the random chance involved with the cartel market meaning we spend more money on top of the subs to access the content. Don't get me wrong, sure we can be patient and amass a wealth of in game credits to eventually buy the items we want from the cartel market on the GTN for a rediculous price but is that rewarding? Meh.

Personally I'd feel a whole lot better if they put weekly quests in the game that we could do that would reward us a small amount of cartel coins, and yes lock these quests to subs only (Hear me out):

-Weekly reward: 100 cartel coins (will give 400 extra a month) - Only available to subs. (Don't have a idea on what the weekly quest would be, but something cartel related might be a good start)

This will give increased incentive tor players to sub for the game while still promoting the cartel shop for those that do not wish to sub. 400 extra coins a month is also not a market breaking amount that it would prevent subs who add extra coins to their account with RL money from doing so.

Any way, just my 2 cents + idea but all in all i've been happy with the game and subbing since day 1 and will continue. Despite me posting this gripe here, it's a very small one to me as I do get a lot with my sub and would be paying it regardless since I love the game.

Well um... Look on the loooong list of things you get for being a sub. Don't know stuff from the top of my head. But the exp, the titles, speeders, sprint, faster legacies which allow easier lvling for other toons, etc. You don't have to buy it, it just makes things easier if you do. If you don't like this game, go try vindictus. It's basically all free to play except this nx shop which you don't have to use at all. Don't need to be a member. But swtor is freaking awesome, so it costs a little more. And gives more benefits.

To OP

Your sub is like a rental. You pay to use the product until you stop paying. This of course means its cheaper in the short term and expensive in the long term.

The FTP is like owner ship. You pay once and you don't have to pay again. So expensive in the short term. Cheaper in the long term.

If you feel your not special then change how you pay.

When i came back to the game 2 months ago I tried to stay FTP. I found it to limiting based on how I play. So I subbed and don't regret it.

Just add up the cost of everything you would need to unlock to equal out a subscription. Compare the cost. I'm sure you might be surprised at what you will find.

Edited by yortnudef

I played only a week as a FTP, subbed right away, thou i almost subbed in the 4th day.

Also i have little to complain, but i would really love to see map unlocking to be related to legacy or account, so I dont have to do it on every goddamn toon, as i already gave up.

Also equipments should be bound to legacy, not character only. Yes, now you can send mods away, but there is still the matter of the equipment itself.

Subs already have a lot of good stuff, like purple mods, sprint at beginning, earlier speeder license, cheaper stuff, free reset and also a lot.

Quit being a spoiled whining baby and grow up.

To OP

Your sub is like a rental. You pay to use the product until you stop paying. This of course means its cheaper in the short term and expensive in the long term.

The FTP is like owner ship. You pay once and you don't have to pay again. So expensive in the short term. Cheaper in the long term.

If you feel your not special then change how you pay.

When i came back to the game 2 months ago I tried to stay FTP. I found it to limiting based on how I play. So I subbed and don't regret it.

Just add up the cost of everything you would need to unlock to equal out a subscription. Compare the cost. I'm sure you might be surprised at what you will find.

You realize Subs have to pay that initial cost too? We ALL pay for the game, and then subs pay per month.

I'm quite satisfied with it. The way I see it, since we get 500cc a month for being a subscriber, I consider it buying 5$ worth of cc and paying 10$ for the features. I think 10$ is a fair enough price to have features such as unlimited warzones, gold cap removed, able to expand inventory with credits, increased xp gain rate etc.

I'm not about to subscribe just because the servers are down for a little bit. It's a minor inconvenience, but nothing more to me.