What makes Boba Fett so great?

Screaming_Ziva

This is something that I have never figured out. Why do people think Boba Fett was so great and that he's the coolest? What did he really do in the movies? He flew out with the trash and followed the Millennium Falcon to Bespin. That's pretty much it besides getting eaten by the Sarlaac.

I know there's books and comics but Fett was popular even before all those came out.

I just don't get it.

He doesnt have force powers, eliminating mary sue special sparkly rainbow power force thing.

Making him one my favorites...

OH and he survived the Sarlacc...crawled out after he was considered "INEDIBLE" by the Sarlacc because he was such a ****** man with brass balls for testees.

Think of it a a juxtaposition thing; When Lano meekly complained about Vader altering his deal, Vader responded "Pray I don't alter it further", When Fett protested with a little more force "He is of no use to me dead" -- Vader didn't say "tough deal with it, this is my terms" he said "I will see to it you are compensated"

Besides beating Vader in a fight on Maryx Minor what else do you need to know about Boba Fett? Dude is straight ****** and takes **** from no one and basically told Vader f-you with no repercussions.

Then he turns around later and helps Vader so they have a sort of professional respect for each other.

Edited by Nissin

He doesnt have force powers, eliminating mary sue special sparkly rainbow power force thing.

Making him one my favorites...

OH and he survived the Sarlacc...crawled out after he was considered "INEDIBLE" by the Sarlacc because he was such a ****** man with brass balls for testees.

He may not have force powers, but he still has turned into a gary sue by the fans/authors.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I feel as if they kinda dragged Boba on just because of the fans, he clearly should have died a few times. The biggest cop out I think the authors did though with letting him live that seems really obvious and somewhat ridiculous, was a needle.

"Oh...hey Boba, guess what your dying due to clone tissue degeneration, reaccuring tumors and poor liver function. But wait! Here is a needle that will cure all that."

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

As others have mentioned, I think the reason he seemed so cool was:

A. Bounty Hunters are a cool idea in themselves, and he seemed to be the best one in the galaxy (assuming that the Empire hired the best ones they could find) Also, Vader said specifically to Boba Fett "NO DISINTEGRATIONS" which leads us to believe that Boba Fett is the kind of guy who DISINTEGRATES PEOPLE AT WILL.

B. He was one of the few people who Darth Vader didn't talk down to. Any subordinate who did anything but grovel at Vader got choked, but Boba Fett never seemed to be under Vader's (or the Empire's) feet. He speaks to Vader as an equal business partner, and not his superior, and instead of being some lackey of Jabba the Hutt's, he's just the cool guy invited to the party.

Boba Fett was one step ahead of Han (unlike every other hunter) and he gave off an air of coldhearted business.

Anyway, we read into it a lot now, when maybe he was originally a minor character :p

As others have mentioned, I think the reason he seemed so cool was:

A. Bounty Hunters are a cool idea in themselves, and he seemed to be the best one in the galaxy (assuming that the Empire hired the best ones they could find) Also, Vader said specifically to Boba Fett "NO DISINTEGRATIONS" which leads us to believe that Boba Fett is the kind of guy who DISINTEGRATES PEOPLE AT WILL.

They did somewhat, the only two bounty hunters that were the best in the galaxy on board the Executor was Boba and IG-88B all the other ones were 'meh'. And its true, because only Boba and IG-88B were the ones smart enough to track Boba tracked the Falcon and IG-88B tracked Slave 1. The other BH's did some laughable things lol.

1. Bossk got thrown into a locker by his asociates.

2. Zuckuss and 4-LOM went to the rebel RZ point, they were way off track.

3. Dengar was searching in the Hoth asteroid feild so he was off track.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He stood up to Vader, and was a recurring enemy who thwarted the good guys from Episode V to the beginning of VI. Luke and the gang managed to beat Darth Vader 'n' friends on a few different occasions, but Fett was always a steady player who managed to stay a step or two ahead.

With Luke able to fend off any number of stormtroopers, Fett's ability to go toe-to-toe with a Jedi stands out. And his ultimate defeat in the movies was a fluke!

Initially I think it was just this inherent ominous quality he had. He just looked like a guy you don't mess with.

Plus I don't think Jedi were glorified like the were in the prequels. Hence guys like Han Solo and Boba Fett took the stage.

If by beat you mean he used every trick he had to simply survive and run away, then sure.

Mind you, I think that fight kind of stands as a benchmark for the non-Jedi classes in SWTOR. Jango is awesome and even likeable there--he doesn't have any Force anything, but he can juuuuust about keep up with Obi-Wan by keeping a level head, being strong and agile and quick-minded, and having about a million crazy gear-based tricks up his sleeve. You root for him, a little bit.

That is, presumably, the kind of people the non-Jedi PCs in SWTOR are: awesome and impressive and watchable because they're capable of even being in the same room as a Jedi when stuff hits the fan.

But yeah, I agree about what he accomplishes in that fight.

Edited by Iralith

What did he really do in the movies?

He didn't do much in the movies simply because he wasn't a main character. Lucas had no idea Boba would have become so popular, had he known, Boba may have had a larger part.

As was stated, people just liked how mysterious he was. His look and presence gave a ****** impression even though he was a background character.

1. He looks bada**

2. He nearly killed Darth Vader after the guy betrayed him on Maryx Minor. Boba could've killed him if he wanted to, but decided not to.

3. He escaped the Sarlaac. The SARLAAC! Hutts have escaped the Sarlaac, but that's because they're indigestible. Boba escaped through sheer skill, luck, and will.

4. He became a Mandalore.