What is the best storyline for both empire and republic?

xNYROx

The general consensus I've seen across the forums is that the Imperial Agent has by far the best story in the entire game. As someone who's played an Agent all the way though, I wouldn't hesitate to agree with that.

For the rest of the Empire, Warriors definitely have a good story as well. Bounty Hunters can be a bit slow in the beginning but definitely start to pick up towards the endish of Chapter 2. Inquisiters probably get the short end of the stick since it's a bit of a different angle as a Sith looking for power and artifacts as opposed to the Warrior that just battles and kills everything head on, but the story fits very well with the class.

As for Republic, the Knight seems to have the crown there. I've got a Knight to 50 and had a blast doing it. I haven't leveled up the rest, but the Smuggler story is helped that your character gets at least one sarcastic response per reply, which is always great. Trooper story is good too, even in the early levels. From what I've seen with the Consular... it just seems to be boring compared to the other classes. If you like the idea of a kind of Jedi 'polititian' then you will definitely enjoy the story since it fits the class well. Compared to the other classes stories, however, they fall a bit flat. Bottom line, all the stories are really good and you should have fun no matter what. Hope this helps!

Eh, I'd say I enjoyed my Smuggler the most, with Trooper being close second.

As for the Consular, it is a bit boring, at least I found. The story was very... right for the class, but I just didn't find that as interesting. :)

Ditto. Note on the sig below 2 of my lvl 50's are smugglers. There's a reason for that. :cool:

Republic side, my favorite was by far the smuggler. i have two level 50 smugs, and i'm waiting for Cathar to come out so i can make a third, lol. Jedi Knight is second. it started out a bit slow, but got really good at the end of chapter 2.

Empire side, i've only actually completed the BH story so far. it was alright, but i'm enjoying the Inquisitor story more. IA seems alright, though i haven't got far enough to make a judgement call. same with sith warrior.

Haven't played much Republic, but Smuggler was good. (Also, I'd advise you to avoid the Consular story, unless you need help sleeping)

Imperial, definitely Agent. By far the best story in the game.

Oh that sucks that the counselor has a bad story...the shadow seems like an interesting class.

I think the smuggler and bounty hunter are the most interesting since you can really play any way you like and it fits , Light Side, greedy and Dark Side. They all go with the story line. Other classes don't really fit as well, being a light side Sorcerer doesn't really fit that well.

So, here goes my opinion. And this is just my opinion..

SI>SW>Trooper>JK>BH>Smuggler>Consular>Chatting on fleet>IA acts one and three> doing nothing>getting punched in the face> IA Act 2.

The majority of the forums may adore the Agent story, but I couldn't stand it. Just no. I'd explain why, but that would involve major spoilers and private information about myself. Suffice to say, don't feel bad if your opinion differs from the norm. It happens.

The Imperial Agent is tied with the Sith warrior on the imperial side. The agent makes you feel like James Bond in space while playing the role of loyal servant of the empire. The Sith warrior focuses more on gaining strength through the force and your character's alignment has a pretty large impact on the story. The upside to both classes is that they have interesting and unique companions. On the Republic side, the best stories in my opinion would be the Jedi Knight. The Jedi Knight is the most Star Warsy of all the classes and makes you feel like the light side hero who strikes down evil, think Luke Skywalker with more freedom and the chance to be a jerk. Finally, while the IA and SW have amazing voice actors, the JK is just decent and doesn't show much variation. Edited by Hajilestone