Only PVPers can have augmented orange gloves/boots?

Kelderek

I personally would love to craft all the PVE skins and add my PVP mods to them.

I went this way with my pvp gear. 3 pieces of armor crafted w/ augments (head, chest. legs) and the gloves and boots from the pve set (tionese gear is good for the set bonus), then moved all the mods out of my BM pvp set to those.

It strikes me as greatly unfair to the PVE crowd that there are no recipes available for crafting orange gloves or boots.

Unless i'm mistaken, or the feature didn't make it in :

You can R/E campaign gear you loot in operations to get orange schematics from those.

So what we have is a PVP requirement (rating) for PVP gloves and boots and a PVE requirement (raiding) for PVE boots and gloves...

That's what I heard/read it was supposed to be, maybe it's not the case ?

Unless i'm mistaken, or the feature didn't make it in :

You can R/E campaign gear you loot in operations to get orange schematics from those.

So what we have is a PVP requirement (rating) for PVP gloves and boots and a PVE requirement (raiding) for PVE boots and gloves...

That's what I heard/read it was supposed to be, maybe it's not the case ?

what the issue is the pvpers can get said augmetned boe items gloves boots, for 55k off the pvp vendors and raiders have to spend a few weeks doing HM Denova and then get luck for items drop then get lucky to learn the pattern. Even then the item is bop and cant be sold to others.

what the issue is the pvpers can get said augmetned boe items gloves boots, for 55k off the pvp vendors and raiders have to spend a few weeks doing HM Denova and then get luck for items drop then get lucky to learn the pattern. Even then the item is bop and cant be sold to others.

Yeah there is a HUGE difference between buying a schematic off a vendor and having to depend on either winning drops in raids or raiding long enough to collect commendations to buy black hole gear AND still have to deal with RNG of learning a schematic through reverse engineering.

In addition the materials needed to craft the PVE tier 2 gear is very rough, requiring even more drops from raids. And on top of that you have to be able to craft enough of them to get a crit for an augment slot.

A crit crafted piece of black hole or campaign armor will probably have about 10 million credits worth of materials invested in it even though it will be an empty shell orange item with no mods.

TLDR; PVEers need an alternative to REing tier 2 raid gear for acquiring schematics for orange gloves and boots.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok I'll clarify for all of you:

1 way to get augmented MODDABLE (It's purple not orange, but it still has all the slots open..) =

The BoP Energized and Exotech schematics obtained from RAIDING (NOT PVP) can be crit crafted to get augments. But they're BoP.

2) RE Campaign gear and hope you get lucky

So basically... power to the crafters :p