Only PVPers can have augmented orange gloves/boots?

Kelderek

It strikes me as greatly unfair to the PVE crowd that there are no recipes available for crafting orange gloves or boots.

The only crafting recipes for orange gloves and boots are for PVP (battlemaster and war hero) and those require either valor rank or a warzone rating to equip.

Where's the love for those of us who don't PVP?

I know that we're supposed to be able to use reverse engineering to obtain some recipes, but no one has managed to make and sell any orange gloves or boots on my server yet besides the PVP ones.

Bioware, please fix this and add in some easy-to-acquire recipes for orange gloves and boots that do not require PVP stats to equip.

In my case I want to keep my 4pc bonus from my rakata gear which means not using orange pieces for those slots. So naturally I went to look for an augmented orange item for my one non-set armor piece which is gloves in my case and was soon dismayed that the only ones available are all PVP ones.

I have talked to many crafters and none of them knows of a way to make orange gloves or boots that anyone can use.

According to the patch notes you can RE tier 2 gear but it will be a long time before enough of that stuff drops so people are willing to burn through those items in RE attempts.

So basically, like I said in my first post, we PVEers are left without an option for augmented orange gloves and boots and I feel that this needs to be addressed.

A possible way to rectify this oversight would be to widen the scope of the existing custom armor sets that crafters can make.

At present time we only have recipes for custom Chestpieces, Legs and Headgear. Usually the other (matching) pieces are bought from vendors, exist as level-locked unmodifyable blue recipes or found on mobs (or don't even exist, like the Aspiring Knight's custom armor). However, all of these can never be turned into an Augmented custom version.

Adding additional custom recipes to include Boots and Gloves (and maybe even Belts and Bracers?) would allow crafters to actually make full matching sets (with the potential to have them Augmented).

Another way for BioWare to rectify this oversight would be to introduce a schematic to crafters for something like an Augmentation Device (a consumable item which would allow people to use these in order to craft Augment slots onto their existing gear).

Edited by Danakar

One, those are light armor, and so are useless to everyone but Consulars/Inquisitors. Two, Torhead has a habit of putting augment slots on the articles for items that don't actually have them. I can confirm that these boots are NOT augmented.

Frankly, the changes to crafting in 1.2 really just screwed over the PvEers and crafters, of which I am both. They should have just allowed us to RE orange gear for schematics, even if it meant pushing back 1.2 another month.

What's even funnier to me is that they put orange bracers/belts on the Legacy vendors, but still won't give us recipes to craft them. Even the BM/WH orange sets don't have them, so they're orange sets that you can't actually complete visually without wearing a PvP item in the waist slot. Pretty half-baked.

I'm surprised this isn't getting more attention from min/max PvEers.

I'm a PvPer myself, but I agree with you, OP.

... pvp'ers min/max too. Well, the good ones that is. As far as people who do both pve and pvp, like virtually everyone does, we can get augmented everything. Raid PVE-only players are fairly rare... PVP-only players are a bit more common... people who do both some are basically a dime a dozen. People who do both well, now... rare too ;).

Edited by Ancen

... pvp'ers min/max too. Well, the good ones that is. As far as people who do both pve and pvp, like virtually everyone does, we can get augmented everything. Raid PVE-only players are fairly rare... PVP-only players are a bit more common... people who do both some are basically a dime a dozen. People who do both well, now... rare too ;).

I'd be willing to bet if Bioware were to release some demographic data that you would see a rather significant portion of the population that does either zero or very minimal PVP -- especially on PVE-designated servers.

But that is all beside the point. The fact remains that there is currently only one way to obtain orange augmented gloves and boots and that is by PVPing enough to get a BM/WL rank.

PVP should never be a requirement to get the best PVE gear, and neither should PVE be a requirement to get the best PVP gear -- the two need to be balanced and have equal opportuinities. This is a very simple case and could be fixed quite easily by adding in a couple new recipes. It really isn't that much to ask for.

I'd be willing to bet if Bioware were to release some demographic data that you would see a rather significant portion of the population that does either zero or very minimal PVP -- especially on PVE-designated servers.

But that is all beside the point. The fact remains that there is currently only one way to obtain orange augmented gloves and boots and that is by PVPing enough to get a BM/WL rank.

PVP should never be a requirement to get the best PVE gear, and neither should PVE be a requirement to get the best PVP gear -- the two need to be balanced and have equal opportuinities. This is a very simple case and could be fixed quite easily by adding in a couple new recipes. It really isn't that much to ask for.

I was ready to flame, but unfortunately for my bloodlust... you made a good point. :) While I like there being crossover in gear usage, I agree that it shouldn't be a REQUIREMENT to do X in order to get gear for Y, just be an option instead. So I'll thumbs-up the idea of adding a PVE schematic for 'em.

how do you get battlemaster schematics? are they on the battlemaster vendor or somewhere else?

Both the BM, and WH vendors have schematic sets for their respective armors. 50k gets you all 5 visible pieces, but they are empty shells, and require Valor 60 and 70, respectively, to wear.

Riôt

In my case I want to keep my 4pc bonus from my rakata gear which means not using orange pieces for those slots. So naturally I went to look for an augmented orange item for my one non-set armor piece which is gloves in my case and was soon dismayed that the only ones available are all PVP ones.

You could always use an augmented chest piece. That's what i did with my pve set. As this gave me the most amount of customization I could get, since the colors are based on the chest (and some items match with some weird off colors).