Field Respec in Warzones

iRedRIng

Sorry, but this isn't a real issue. First off, unless you are a healer, then you really only have 1 set of armor. I don't know many tanks that actually use their PvP tank armor. Second, its not an exploit or cheat, is something available to everyone. Also its not required to win, it just gives players more choices.

Complaining about respecing in Warzones is like complaining about a premade, both are completely legit.

No, it is a junk that never should have made it to the ranked warzones such as few other things including but not limited to legacy class buffs, stims, grenades, health regen potions and few other items..

All of the above needs to be blocked otherwise ranked pvp will continue to fail and pvpers will continue to move to other games until there is noone playing.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of the strategy of these warzones is in adapting the specs that people play to the particular map they are on. I understand the unhappiness some might have with it, but in the end I do not believe that it is a majority that feel this way, and, more importantly, to make this change would only further shallow out what is already becoming to dumbed down a PvP experience with some of the changes that have been and are being made.

I think it is OK the way it is but I wouldn't mind if respec was limited to before you entered combat the first time in a WZ. I.e. the queue pops, you pick your spec and then stick with it for the entire WZ.

As far as I'm concerned, the question we should be focused on is "what makes a better and more interesting game"? The fact that you can switch to having more tanks in Voidstar (or in CW to turtle up) makes the game less interesting (IMO) than if you had to stick with one spec the entire WZ. You already can switch both gear and forms / cylinders / charges. If you think WZs on the whole are more interesting rather than less because of respec in the middle of the WZ, please explain why?

If you think mid WZ respec is good for some WZs and bad for others please explain your thinking here.

Respeccing before the WZ begins is also of great value when pugging. for that matter, you might also give regular WZ backfills 1 respec anytime since they haven't had an opportunity to see their team's composition before entering.

This isn't abuse imo. It's an extra layer of proficiency that helps to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Agree.

Respeccing in RWZs has evolved into a mini-game of sorts depending on your opponent and I think this is great.

It's nice to see an added layer of complexity players can use to adapt to situations.

agree.

As I said in another post, I am fine with the current behavior but think limiting respec to before the WZ begins would be an improvement. E.g. Is Voidstar more fun and complex because you can run more tank specs on defense? Staying with the Voidstar example ... do you feel that the defender respeccing tank and the attacker respeccing for more DPS cancels out? Tips the balance in favor of defense? Tips the balance in favor of offense?

If too large a percentage of VS matches end with neither side getting past the first door that is a bad thing. Ditto if the majority of huttball matches were 0-0 and decided by turtling.

Repeat the above questions for each WZ.

No, it is a junk that never should have made it to the ranked warzones such as few other things including but not limited to legacy class buffs, stims, grenades, health regen potions and few other items..

While I disagree with most of the above, I think there is a good argument to be made for not having legacy class buffs in PvP. Which is of more benefit to the game:

• being encouraged to bring at least 1 of each of the 4 basic classes to WZ
  • being encouraged (not buff penalized) to run lopsided compositions. E.g. 8 stun locking operatives

While I disagree with most of the above, I think there is a good argument to be made for not having legacy class buffs in PvP. Which is of more benefit to the game:

• being encouraged to bring at least 1 of each of the 4 basic classes to WZ
  • being encouraged (not buff penalized) to run lopsided compositions. E.g. 8 stun locking operatives

My main argument for all points and all things that should be blocked in Rated is the following:

1) Good ranked teams will have all the junk ready (grenades, stims, class buffs, health regen pots, etc) and when 2 good ranked teams are fighting it is just necessary crap that everyone has to do that is not PvPing. Same story for respeccing to tank/healer for defense and/or specific specc for Huttball.

2) Not so good teams / PuGs / People just starting in Rated will not have some of the following and will not just lose but will be busted hardcore and they will not play much and eventually give up on Ranked.

I don't see how it benefits ANYONE for people NOT to play Ranked... More people in Ranked - it gets more popular = gets more attention from devs. But I know some people like it the way it is now because you can farm rating on PuGs to no end as there is no matchmaking.

• 3 months later...

Yes stop field respec in warzones PLEASE!!

I was in voidstar and we were on defense there were no tanks and a couple of healers then when it swapped to us being on offense, suddenly by magic every class that could be a tank was a tank and every class that could be healer was a healer so it was like 4 tanks 4 healers. This makes pvp which is played round by round ridiculous. There should be no changing to get a tactical advantage because it makes the match unfair and also its unfair to classes which can't swap to win.

Yes stop field respec in warzones PLEASE!!

I was in voidstar and we were on defense there were no tanks and a couple of healers then when it swapped to us being on offense, suddenly by magic every class that could be a tank was a tank and every class that could be healer was a healer so it was like 4 tanks 4 healers. This makes pvp which is played round by round ridiculous. There should be no changing to get a tactical advantage because it makes the match unfair and also its unfair to classes which can't swap to win.

roll a class that can swap to win.

all smash mara can suck it.

roll a class that can swap to win.

all smash mara can suck it.

I am not a smasher, i am just saying taking on 4 tanks and 4 healers is a no win situation, every healer has guard, what is the point? It is an exploitation, end of.

Edited by Zadtro

• 1 month later...
Well you are considering only your point of view where you BOUGHT and you are ENTITLED but you haven't even mentioned the impact on changing sides in voidstar for example or in turret warzones where you can switch to tank/healer specc once you cap the turret...

yeah this....it should be blocked once you enter the warzone

Well you are considering only your point of view where you BOUGHT and you are ENTITLED but you haven't even mentioned the impact on changing sides in voidstar for example or in turret warzones where you can switch to tank/healer specc once you cap the turret...

yeah this....it should be blocked once you enter the warzone