Post 1.2 Underworld Trading heavy bias toward companion gift missions

Darev

Per title I'm seeing a heavy bias toward companion gift missions in Underworld Trading. Even now, after the May 1st patch, I had 4x Rich Companion gift missions on my BH with lvl400 UT. 4 out of 5 possible. The 5th was luxury fabrics. This is not uncommon. I'm seeing it on all of my toons with UT (4 out of the 8 have it, 3 are at lvl400).

Prior to 1.2 being implemented there was a decent chance at getting two UT metal missions in the same batch. One was generally a higher level mission and one would be 'moderate' but there were generally two available. After 1.2 was implemented I have never seen two UT Metal missions in the same batch. I'm not sure that I've seen two fabric missions in the same batch either.

I thought that maybe it was related to the change with slicing. Since Augments were spread across multiple crafting types it would be helpful if companions had more affection. With the need for higher affection there would need to be more gifts available, which meant that there would need to be more missions available to increase the number of gifts out on the market.

True or not, this made sense to me.

However, it is negatively impacting crafting the RE'd schematics. I know the focus, post 1.2, has been augmented orange gear, but I've seen that start to slow down lately. On my server's trade channel (Helm of Graush) the spam for augmented orange gear is greatly reduced.

I think the time has come to dial down the companion gift missions and bump the UT metal missions back up.

No, i've noticed it too. a slew of gifts, 1-2 fabrics, and no metals, making me waste 30-60 minutes and a couple grand to complete one in hopes a metals one pops out. though, since my companions need gifts, it wouldn't sting so much if I could just get SOME metals rolled in.

I am seeing this as well, the majority of the missions are companion gifts then fabric and finally metals. I am able to utilize the gifts right now to get my companion affection up on alts but as I'm really trying to get mando iron for crafting it's costing way more than it should as I try to cycle through the missions to find one I need.

I've had a couple of streaks where it was ALL companion gifts at level 400. I'm just getting started for the day, so I have not had a chance to gauge results post patch, but I wouldn't be surprised if the trend continues.

Stop! Don't spend tons of money and time trying to refresh your mission list, you can do that just by zoning. If you are aboard fleet, take a free shuttle down to Korriban/Hutta or Tython/Ord Mantell and the mission list should update. Or you can relog the character if not aboard fleet and the mission list should update.

Stop! Don't spend tons of money and time trying to refresh your mission list, you can do that just by zoning. If you are aboard fleet, take a free shuttle down to Korriban/Hutta or Tython/Ord Mantell and the mission list should update. Or you can relog the character if not aboard fleet and the mission list should update.

Ya what he said, logging seems to shuffle the deck best.

I can't get any gemstone missions from my TH. The server pop is so low that there is nothing on the market.

Solution:

How about a drop down menu for the type of mission (gifts, gems, metal, etc.) and populate a list of that type. I think it very unlikely that in a galaxy, galaxies are rather large, there is only one place I can go to find gemstones at any given time. Rare components are expected to be rare, not standard components. If standard components are rare there is no point to crafting.

I will jump in and say I've noticed this as well on my Diplomacy, Underworld Trading, and Treasure Hunting characters. I have not seen a Rank 6 Metals, Gemstones, or Medical supplies mission above Abundant since 1.2. I get tons of Rich Companion gifts and the occasional Bountiful lockbox mission. Similarly, for Rank 5, Rich Metals/Gemstones/Medical missions are much more rare than previously.

The only way I've been able to get the purple materials is by using the lvl 340 purple mission unlocks. Maybe the Rich missions were a bit too common before, but I think the pendulum has swung too far the other way. With pretty much all non-dropped lvl 49-50 crafting being made worthless by Recruit gear, it seems like being able to get materials shouldn't be too much to ask.

I have noticed this as well. One thing that is nice, on Mind Trick Gifts sell so much faster than anything else so the gift trips aren't bad. But I need more material for crafting. Edited by Hyryu

I found if you log out of the character then back in again the mission selection is different, i did this to get multiple underworld metals missions may have to log in and out several times to get what you want. Give it a go see if it works and let me know your results.:p

I can't get any gemstone missions from my TH. The server pop is so low that there is nothing on the market.

[..]

I spent like 25 minutes this morning going in and out of my ship trying to send all my 5 peeps to get purple gems. I was able to get 4 missions (2 abundant and 2 moderates) and I just gave up. I sent my fifth on a rich companion gift mission....

It sucks having to resort to this "workaround". There's already enough RNG everywhere involving crafting. Enough odds "against" you. This is just annoying :-/

I will jump in and say I've noticed this as well on my Diplomacy, Underworld Trading, and Treasure Hunting characters. I have not seen a Rank 6 Metals, Gemstones, or Medical supplies mission above Abundant since 1.2. I get tons of Rich Companion gifts and the occasional Bountiful lockbox mission. Similarly, for Rank 5, Rich Metals/Gemstones/Medical missions are much more rare than previously.

I just want to point out that level 6 missions are moderate and abundant only. All of the rich missions you will see are level 5 companion gift missions. They no longer have the bountiful or rich level 6 missions.

That being said, the Companion gift missions run the show on all of the mission levels, second is Luxury Fabric, and way in dead last is Metal missions.

Of all of the crafting I've done, I use Metal the most for Armormech, Cybertech, and Synthweaving crafting.

I use luxury cloth on some of the better grades of Synthweaving items I craft.

I have never used a Companion Gift to craft any article in any Crafting Skill, and I do have them all and they are also all at 400.

But don't be too discouraged as these problems also affect Diplomacy, Treasure Hunting, and Investigation where garbage fills up space that you would rather use for your Crafting Skills. And the Nerf to Slicing is a pure loss money sink now.

Logging out and back in will reset the RNG (Hell in a random generator) and the missions available. It may still take half an hour or more to actually get a mission still, but you will not have to spend it all on Companion Gifts.

That being said, the Companion gift missions run the show on all of the mission levels, second is Luxury Fabric, and way in dead last is Metal missions.

Hehe, for me it is the other way around. I am looking for Luxury Fabric missions and all I can see is 1 of those if I am lucky. Metal missions I sometimes have 2 at once. Rest is always companion gift missions.

I am glad to see its not just me. I used to always have a abundant, and a moderate metal missions, but now I am lucky to have a moderate mission. Please change this back Bioware. WE shoould have 3 gift missions, 2 metals, and 1 cloth, or 1 metal 2 cloth. But please limit the gift missions to 3!

Zone in and out of your ship. I have had to do it for Slicing and TH as well to get missions I wanted.

Yeah, that does help sometimes, but not always. But, I really dont want to spend alot of time on loading screens. Yeah, I have been doing that for the time being. Thanks for the suggestion though. Just hoping it get addressed in next patch.