shadows vs guardians for tanking

MindgameZ

Both are more than viable and each bring their own unique skills to a warzone. Most of them run a hybrid and can put out pretty good numbers for DPS and protection. I personally think that guardian/jugs when in tank stance are harder to bring down I think it comes down to personal play style but both could be considered the best tanks for PvP.

Tough one, but I chose Guardian because of armor rating affecting kinetic (Force) and energy based(blasters) damage, and the shadow tank tree doesn't have a "hard" mitigation for PvP. The Force Pull for Voidstar and Huttball is ROFL though.. I hate when it happens to me, but I love watching them do it to someone else ....:D

Both are more than viable and each bring their own unique skills to a warzone. Most of them run a hybrid and can put out pretty good numbers for DPS and protection. I personally think that guardian/jugs when in tank stance are harder to bring down I think it comes down to personal play style but both could be considered the best tanks for PvP.

I agree. Assassin/Shadow tanks do higher damage, but Juggs/Guardians stay alive longer in combat. Both classes are pretty good tankwise, and I think in PVP, DPS gear (with a shield) is better than tank gear.