The story's quality went down since level 50

Slowpokeking

I really like the story but it went down since level 50.

Too many third faction mess since the ops/fp are being released, sure it's ok to have some but the main plot should stick to the war between the Republic and Empire. But we didn't see too much process.

And why everything went the republic way? Ok Malgus and Severin's betrayal, it's not good for Empire but acceptable and fit Malgus' character. However the dreadmasters betrayed as well? The Empire already lost too much, many council members, Corellia, the intelligence disbanded, the Emperor went silent, his children defeated .

Then more pub victory in the new novel, Gravus was turned into a moron and Karrid got killed as well.

Edited by JovethGonzalez

Well, I suppose they're saving the main Empire vs Republic story additions for new planets they plan to expand with in the future.

And as far as the Empire losing so much... well, they are the ones fated to lose the war in the end.

Well, I suppose they're saving the main Empire vs Republic story additions for new planets they plan to expand with in the future.

And as far as the Empire losing so much... well, they are the ones fated to lose the war in the end.

Well that and all the in fighting in the Sith Empire going on.

But it's too early to end the story with a landslide win.

And Like Palpatine said, "Once more, the Sith will rule the galaxy!" So it's not really settled.

Edited by Slowpokeking

Empire's losses are done on purpose. According to encyclopedia the Republic is winning the war but the Empire is close to the key of achieving a victory. I wonder what is the "key" which will turn the tide.

Darth Revan? Something in the Foundry? Star Cabal's codex?

I checked the encyclopedia yes it did say the key to victory is at hand, but the new novel still didn't say a thing about it.

Edited by Slowpokeking

And yet there's over 1,000 years of time after the games start point unexplored by the expanded universe. It doesn't make any since to have the Empire lose this early when we have time for a lot more adventure.

And yet there's over 1,000 years of time after the games start point unexplored by the expanded universe. It doesn't make any since to have the Empire lose this early when we have time for a lot more adventure.

This. Anything can happen.

The Empire can even conquer the entire Republic, execute the leftover citizens and military forces, banish its Jedi guardians from the Galaxy and start its own reign of terror, which will last for the next couple of hundreds of years. And then, slowly, it can be reformed back to the state of the Republic via a chain of micro-revolutions or something.

That's one of the major reasons of devs choosing this particular time period - to have a relative freedom in order to create their own story.

On topic, the current state of TOR end-game (in terms of story) is very similar to classic WoW. In general, the storyline is not really moving anywhere. All we are doing now is disposing of some local threats for both factions here and there.

Edited by Trollokdamus

Personally, I think it's closer to a draw at the moment. Empire has had successes on several planets, are holding the Republic at a stand still on a few others.

where?

The only imp victory is Taris. They lose on Balmora, Corellia and Quesh as wel as maybe Voss. So what's left?

where?

The only imp victory is Taris. They lose on Balmora, Corellia and Quesh as wel as maybe Voss. So what's left?

This. Pretty much every major victory is going to the Republic right now :mad:

Edited by Ardim

In perhaps who know how many years, NOT THIS SOON

where?

eh? Quesh is still a warzone and not decided at all, Voss will probably never align with anybody which is told in IA story where The Three say that a prophecy tells them not to join with Empire or Republic.

I always saw the Empire as being presented as winning by default. So many times the Rep is defending itself from some attack and feeling like they're just keeping their noses above the water. I know, key figures and all, but still, I always felt like I was fighting a losing battle when I played Rep.

eh? Quesh is still a warzone and not decided at all, Voss will probably never align with anybody which is told in IA story where The Three say that a prophecy tells them not to join with Empire or Republic.

The pubs kill the Imperial leader on Quesh, the main imperial quest giver, so that sounds like a victory to me.

Ok yeah, no one wins Voss, Prof Walsh, said the JC got ride of the imperials, but I see now he was wrong. Although a lightside JC can get them to 'think' about an alliance with the pubs, So lets say a draw.