Making credits with Artifice?

Dabrixmgp

After settling in on my new server with my new Jedi Shadow I went with Archy, T-Hunting, and Artifice as my crewskills. Is there anyway to make credits as I level or will I only make anything once I hit high level and RE the 26/27 hilts and enhancements? Edited by Dabrixmgp

And by the way even at end level artifice is messed. While professions that do augments is enritching cos every single piece of item you'll get you'll want to have augment. Artifice? Craps. Crafting is a BW fail

Prices on the shadowlands for augments is lower than material costs and has been for some time (not logical I know but that is where it is). I make money on my Cyber, and Artifice making low level blue items (crystal, Hilts, mods, armor, enhancements, etc) The end game stuff Lv27 I make for mats, and keep the crits to sell for the material cost (as there are so many people crafting them now they will never sell higher). As for crafting being a BW fail, you are being nice. Lets talk about what the cartel market has done, to speeder sales (not like they were ever good, ship equipment (even the low level stuff is not selling now). Sythweaveing, Armor, Arms are pointless no one wants the gear or the weapons.

I have artifice on one of my toons and have almost every item RE'd to the Advanced (Purple) Level, (apart from the end game stuffs). Although they are low level the mere fact they are purple grade and and last for a few levels, as they fly of the GTN.

So in my opinion, atifice is good to make some credits

I have found artifice quite good for making creds, mainly from the lower level items though, a prototype (blue) enhancement can easily sell for 10k on my server, which is a pretty good mark-up, as the cost to make it, is less than 1k, hope that helps.

Yea I have a cyber with every blue mod/armoring up to level 40 made. Dont know if I wanna mess with purples they dont seem to be enough of a stat increase over the blues to warrant buying 10-14k worth of UWT metals. Also learned about 30 different purple ear schematics up to level 38 and those have been flying off the AH. The blue enhancements also start at 12k for the level 19 ones so should be able to sell a lot of those since with everyone wearing mod gear they will need 6 of those counting weapon. Just gonna learn endurance/crit since no one will probably mess with the tank ones at low level.

Yea I have a cyber with every blue mod/armoring up to level 40 made. Dont know if I wanna mess with purples they dont seem to be enough of a stat increase over the blues to warrant buying 10-14k worth of UWT metals. Also learned about 30 different purple ear schematics up to level 38 and those have been flying off the AH. The blue enhancements also start at 12k for the level 19 ones so should be able to sell a lot of those since with everyone wearing mod gear they will need 6 of those counting weapon. Just gonna learn endurance/crit since no one will probably mess with the tank ones at low level.

It depends though, especially in the case of mods... Mods/Enh seem to "skip" a level, so crafing purple quality has some weight.

e.g.

There is a Reflex 8 Mod and a Reflex 10 mod, but no Reflex 9 mod is craftable... So that is 4 levels you have to "wait" before you can use the next series of mods, which can mean alot depending on what you are doing... at low levels its moot, but after level 25ish, it matters....

Instead craft purple quality Reflex 8. It is only slightly lower than blue Reflex 10, but usable @ a much lower level and will be good all the way to when Reflex 10 is able to be equipped... if you keep following that program while leveling, you get a ton of good patterns for endgame.

I sell my purple augments for lvl 34 and I can't make them fast enough.... clearing about 3x the cost... so Artifice enhancements should be able to fetch a similar gain... I have not looked for them on the GTN, but will take a peek 2nite...

As a Cyber, you need a UT alt to craft the arm/mods, but Artifice/TH/Arch provides all the mats you need for enhancements/hilts... /shrugs...

Edited by L-RANDLE

I have a bunch of alts and friends making alts so I send my companions out to pick up stuff all the time on my artifice. I end up picking up some of the purple mats on the way and it is not to hard to put up 4 level 31-39 purple quality crystals and make 20k a piece. Thats not a lot of money but it is steady and keeps my friends up to date as well. 27-43ish purple does ok on the market for enhancements. The money is steady like I said but you won't make millions if that is your goal.

Just sold 6 blue +9 power crystals this morning for 30k to 40k each, you can make money but for cyber and art it is all about the low lever gear. for syth, armor, arms yeah no one seems to be buying the lower augments at least none that I am putting up blue or purple on shadowlands.