Scavanging Stumbling Block

Dondora

I don't know if it's just me, but I can never seem to find an adequate supply of aluminum and Laminate through scavenging. Through 90% of both Coruscant and Dromund Kaas it's desh nodes and the rest is about half bronzium and a tiny sliver of aluminum. It seems silly to have desh be QUITE that easy to find but with aluminum (and subsequently laminate) being so difficult to get.

I cant even deploy a companion to find it with any real reliability.

Am I just unlucky or are other people having trouble finding enough to just get up to bronzium in crafting?

I don't know if it's just me, but I can never seem to find an adequate supply of aluminum and Laminate through scavenging. Through 90% of both Coruscant and Dromund Kaas it's desh nodes and the rest is about half bronzium and a tiny sliver of aluminum. It seems silly to have desh be QUITE that easy to find but with aluminum (and subsequently laminate) being so difficult to get.

I cant even deploy a companion to find it with any real reliability.

Am I just unlucky or are other people having trouble finding enough to just get up to bronzium in crafting?

I got plenty of aluminum off robots in the western side of Kaas City on Dromund Kaas.

Kill robots, loot, then scavenge. Not all give scavenged items, but some do. You'll learn which ones do.

I wish it were only that simple. Sure, you get some materials off of scavanging robots, but significantly less than from nodes. I can either murder an army of at least strong-level robots or spend a couple hours trudging through one of the few places where aluminum nodes actually spawn.

I really haven't seen an adequate amount of aluminum nodes.

odd - all I have been getting from scavenging is aluminum when I need desh for my beginning armor crafter.

Just out of curiosity - what recipes use aluminum? I know I haven't gotten far with crafting as I am still playing around with L10-14 chars, but I haven't seen any recipes in armor or arms that use aluminum at the lower levels.

I wish it were only that simple. Sure, you get some materials off of scavanging robots, but significantly less than from nodes. I can either murder an army of at least strong-level robots or spend a couple hours trudging through one of the few places where aluminum nodes actually spawn.

I really haven't seen an adequate amount of aluminum nodes.

Not to be mean but farming is farming deal with it.

You don't see a lot of it until Balmorra. If you need aluminum to advance your skill than you're ahead of the content and just need to progress.

Yeah, but I've moved on to Taris from Coruscant and I'm STILL seeing desh nodes but no aluminum.

For the Empire, you should go to the outside area of the Dark Temple. There will be a bunch of crazed Sith Troopers hanging all around the ruins outside. Just follow the path to do a loop for those Aluminium nodes. I really dislike having to do loops to farm, but when it comes to Aluminium, this seems to be the only real option as the Underworld missions always seem to bring in everything but Aluminium.