Game Update 7.4.1c coming April 3 ×

Please vote to stop warzone hacking/cheating!! ;)

NoaFlux

I haven't seen a single hacker in this game yet, and I've been here on and off since beta.

I mostly play on the EU servers tho, so I cannot say about the situation on the US servers.

Not being able to re-join a rated warzone + the bugs that force players to leave the game are far more pressing matters that need to be looked at. Yes, I'm sure there are hacks and you could use them, get reported, and banned. Simple.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i even found a hack on the web that had made your characters have unlimited energy/ whatever for the different classes. I didn't use it of course!:D

I found adds on the web that say their product will make your junk bigger too. Does that mean they are telling the truth?

This post is such a joke... rofl.... i have 2 full WH toons i pvp with, in the top 3 guilds on the server... do rateds every day, do regs every day. ive never seen any cheating, most those programs do not work, if it is cheating it would be obvious...

ever consider they might be good and talented players? ever consider they stuff in thier skill trees u dont know about? ever consider thye might be 4 man queing? ive been called a hacker n my guild has so many times, it really is hilarious, make a report if u tihnk someones hacking, TRUST ME THEY READ EVERY TICKET, ive posted so many they are very good about that....

its been since the beginning of online gaming people come across a skilled player n cant beat him n think he must be hacking. Rofl, cmon now.

i have played at least 200 games since reaching valor 100 and i have never seen hacking. today i was asked "what speed hack program are you using?" by a sorc on my team because i used frenzy and predation at the start of a civil war. i feel that every time someone gets outplayed or something happens that they dont understand it is automatically because the other person is "hacking". there is no possibility in their minds that the other person is just plain better than them or maybe they are just ignorant. this makes me very sad. please if you think someone is hacking go ahead and report them. bioware employees will look into it. i just ask that the employees respond to the people reporting the hacks and tell them they are wrong when they are. Edited by pauliej

..... i just ask that the employees respond to the people reporting the hacks and tell them they are wrong when they are.

Since there are far too many that are not capable of rational thought, that would be a bad idea.

GM: We have investigated "insert character name here" and found no evidence of cheating.

Player: No way, you are so stupid, it is obvious he was cheating. Look again.

GM: Already reviewed everything available. He was not cheating.

Player: LOOK AGAIN!!! HE WAS CHEATING I KNOW IT!!! What the hell is wrong with you!!??!!!

GM: Nope, not cheating.

And on and on and on. Better to just leave it as is.

i have played at least 200 games since reaching valor 100 and i have never seen hacking. today i was asked "what speed hack program are you using?" by a sorc on my team because i used frenzy and predation at the start of a civil war. i feel that every time someone gets outplayed or something happens that they dont understand it is automatically because the other person is "hacking". there is no possibility in their minds that the other person is just plain better than them or maybe they are just ignorant. this makes me very sad. please if you think someone is hacking go ahead and report them. bioware employees will look into it. i just ask that the employees respond to the people reporting the hacks and tell them they are wrong when they are.

How can someone not know the buff graphic from Frenzy/Predation????? It's bright red and covers entire toons! Yeesh. I can understand maybe missing the green Evasion bubble that Ops use...but Predation?

I agree with your sentiments otherwise, it isn't always automatically hacking. I did however, give some examples of things I've seen in my above post. I know it's happening, and even a simple Google search will even find you tools to do it with and videos on Youtube of them being used.

Again this is not a matter of opinion or not. Show me proof of hacks and i'll change my mind instantly. This thread is just so cluttered with personal opinion and lack of gaming understanding. Empircal proof of hacking please!

You really need your own talk show.

On topic: It may not be hacking, but it sure is exploiting, and exploiting is cheating.

The speed hacking works. I saw it a lot in early gameplay and many people on our server and in our guild got 2 week suspensions. Now that bio wants to keep subs they are not doing anything about it.

Just played 3 matches vs what looked like 130% speed since our DPS op couldent catch a class WITHOUT a speed ability passive or active and NO SPEED BUFFS on the bars. The character actually gained ground against him when no buffs are showing on the enemy bar.

The hacks seem to be a small percentage above the 115% capable in passive abilities to go unnoticed. Not like reporting players has done anything of late.

When f2p comes out and the numbers shoot up we will see bans going out but until then...

My vote is 2 day pvp lockout. If this happened on ranked I would be pissed. It's sneaky and subtle

Edited by Kegparty

I found adds on the web that say their product will make your junk bigger too. Does that mean they are telling the truth?

how can you not believe hacks exist... 2 min in youtube to watch a video or be in a guild larger then 50 people and you will see someone do it first hand. Its lame but hey I hear in WOW people ran up walls and through walls at the start of the game.

Just put a lockout on pvp for a few days to calm the kids down.

Edited by Kegparty

There needs to be more done to crack down on the hackers even if the instances of hacking are rare just because even one hacker ruins the balance and creates an environment where every one is assumed to be hacking. A couple of things I have seen recently that may be hacks or just bugs being exploited...

1) Stealthers planting, capping, or picking up the Huttball while stealthed.

2) Someone planting in Voidstar from the other side of the door.

3) There are definitely a few moderate speed hackers but when a second or two makes a difference that's a lot.

...overall it's not a plague but it really needs to be tightened up.

There needs to be more done to crack down on the hackers even if the instances of hacking are rare just because even one hacker ruins the balance and creates an environment where every one is assumed to be hacking. A couple of things I have seen recently that may be hacks or just bugs being exploited...

1) Stealthers planting, capping, or picking up the Huttball while stealthed.

2) Someone planting in Voidstar from the other side of the door.

3) There are definitely a few moderate speed hackers but when a second or two makes a difference that's a lot.

...overall it's not a plague but it really needs to be tightened up.

Completely agree.

Another thing I've noticed is that actually may be a bug is the resolve system:

No resolve but no CC

Full resolve but getting CCed (sorc CC)

This may be a bug but I know a few resolve hacks exist first hand.

Completely agree.

Another thing I've noticed is that actually may be a bug is the resolve system:

No resolve but no CC

Full resolve but getting CCed (sorc CC)

This may be a bug but I know a few resolve hacks exist first hand.

reported :eek:

Wow thanks for sharing!!!

Victory!!!

Well he has yet to elabortate on this. When discussing on a board of this size you cant live by the rule "everything on internet is the truth" as you normally would.

The problem with hacks in this game, is that it is so hard to tell if it is actually a hack, or a problem with the engine, or lag, or whatever.

I see a bunch of people flying around, I assume it's Predation/Transcendence. I see someone teleport, I assume it's server lag.

Flip side, I have seen things that made no sense whatsoever. I have seen Sent/Maras pop UR with full health, and stay at full health. Could be their health is just not displaying correctly.

I have been killed by a single opponent, where the defeat message says "defated by whomever with overhead slash 2128 damage" when I have like 9k health left. Could be they burned me down so fast the display couldnt even keep up, but in fully augd WH, that should never happen against a single opponent.

And the most frustrating, not being able to target/hit someone. This has happened to me like 6 times, where either you cant target someone after smashing the tab key through the keyboard, and then trying to click on them with the mouse. OR, you HAVE someone targeted but every time you go to hit them, it just does that little stutter step thing like when you have a server disco. There has been at least 3x where I couldn't interrupt a cap, because I just couldn't hit someone capping, despite having them targeted and standing right next to them. No idea what could cause that, unless server lag had me out of position, but then I "should" get an out of range message.

Hacks? Probably not. But I report them anyway, just so BW will take a look at the mechanics/logs.

• 5 months later...

I find it funny its the same people I keep reporting for cheats and hacks, yet I never ever get that nor do I get the silly dps some of these peiople can put out in lesser gear and no reslove bar ,

lets face it hacks and cheats are in wz I hate it and have been thinking of not bothering with the game nor anything else within the game. I dont see bioware doing anything about it other then a post saying we are looking in to it BULL****. for the past week the same people are doing the same things now you got whole pvp guild cheating in wz enough is enough ffs I pay good money to be a sub and I bet most of these cheaters and hackers aint which is damn sad I pay to play only to have some ******head user a cheat to pawn me in a wz they need to ban people for life for usen hacks cheats

I find it funny and very lame people need to use cheats if you need to use a cheat then you shouldnt be playing the game

Ive really had it with all the BS and cheating going on in wz

and Im sure I will get bashed for this post and too the bashing ones eat me and stop usen hacks , ohh then maybe you wont be so fu**** elite

Lame very lame

That's it. Just please read just this top paragraph and post your vote at minimum. Thanks!

Many people have blogged about solutions yet Bioware doesn't even seem to make an effort within the game to stop this. Please encourage Bioware to add a "Vote out of Warzone due to hacking" button as the current button doesn't work that way, or to add a "Vote to send hacking report" button. When you vote please thank Bioware for their hard work, and amazing game, they do make external efforts to stop hacking.:D

***If someone is a jerk on this post please report them, or ignore them and do not let them get to you as there will be lots of mean spirited people commenting ;)

If you don't believe in hacking (cheating)....just do a Google search on how to hack SWTOR...and you will see that it works. There are entire websites about how to cheat. There are some very extensive bot (fake players) programs, and glitches...like the 11 player queue cheat. Bioware's account was hacked into before the game was even released.

**A lot of people hack ON BOTH SIDES. So don't just take anyone's word for it. Though it seems to me that the Empire cheats way more...as I have lost Novare coast 14 out of 16 times in the last two weeks. But other levels seem slightly more fair..yet not by much.

***Also after various updates I have seen things shift, as far as victory's. This is probably because patches have stopped hacking at times, or because Bioware made adjustments to certain characters. Just something to keep in mind. This may be further evidence of hacking.

*****Another thing to consider are guilds. We often lose in Warzones because you are playing a skilled, and character calculated guild. I encourage you to make your own if you lose a lot. So don't think everything is cheating it may be this.

Thank you for your time!

it would be horribly abused, and innocent folks might get into needless hot water as well.

• 3 weeks later...