Please learn how to play the game before you que for flashpoints.

Welcome to free to play option, so many F2P players lack the experience and only play the game because it is starwars. They dont spend time learning anything, heck some of them dont even seem able to read the tooltips lol.

Doubtful they can unless EA makes the tooltips available in Polish/Russian as well.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beeing the tank i just leave the group if they dont listen. First time a dps pulls i´ll tell him to let me pull. if a dps breakes cc, i´ll tell him to let me(the tank) break cc, and i´ll tell the one who does cc to mark his cc. will tell them a couple of times and cut them some slack in lower FP, but if the dps keeps pulling i´ll just leave. It´s not worth the agravation.

Breaking cc is one thing, i can deal with that in one FP, but at least let me pull.

Luckily most of the time i'm healing and if the tank sucks, well i'll do my darndest to make him look like a million bucks. Just to prove a point here's a short story.......

On my sage healer, late night around 2am server time que'd for fp. Got insta que with a guild group of fresh 50's for Kaon. My tank had 17k hp in daily purples no set bonus's. I had a gunslinger in columi. The other dps was a Sent in greens, wish I had a screenshot.

We didn't die once, didn't hit enrage timers, and I have since then heal'd them many times for fp's cause for some reason they have a hard time keeping healers around due to gear prejudice and they're a late night crew. I think they're 2 brothers and a cousin, super polite dudes, listened well, took advice and even APOLOGIZED for lack of gear to which i replied. "We'll be fine" and "You gotta start somewhere".

All it takes is for the new people to be willing to listen, and a good teacher who is patient and willing to teach. I wish all the new groups I ran into read the same book these guys did. 3cheers!

I've had that experience myself at least half a dozen times in the past year. I usually end up running that group through 3 HM's for the weekly in one long string. Even more times I've gotten a group that wiped a few times, until we worked things out.

I tell the dps a few things :

1) if you want to make the first attack - roll a tank.

2) If you want to do a good job playing a dps, you should know that a good dps doesn't make pulls.

3) after the tank pulls - count to three before you attack.

4) interrupt everything

If they stick with that- we never have any real problems. ~ even if the tank is horrible

A lot of these players are guilded, and I really have to wonder what exactly does their guild do? Since these players don't have a basic understanding of how to take on HM bosses.

I always end up playing with these people again, and I enjoy it everytime ~ because they play better everytime I see them.

Just after launch we were going through the same HM's with blue 48 mods...

the bosses hadn't been nerfed yet....

every wipe cost almost 7K in repair bills.... (& no legacy repair droid)

we hadn't figured out how to skip everything....

& for some reason ~ it was a lot more fun.

In the process of leveling 5th 50 pub on the pot5 server. I have noticed some hilarious and frustrating things while queuing for flashpoints. Tank jedi knights with endurance/willpower sabers and aim/ endurance implants that wipe on the first boss. Sage healers with strength/endurance sabers. Jedi knight tanks with wrong stat weapons again that will que as damage role and stay in soresu the whole time taking aggro away from you. People needing for things they don't need for their class then equip them right after. Numerous people not letting the tank attack first and just aggroing everything to themself. People that won't listen to you on final bosses that will stand in the fire on cademinu after you told them not to. PLEASE people this game is not hard read up on it search the forums you make it frustrating for people that want a quick run through these for gear. I literally LOL when I see tanks in flashpoints with the wrong gear on and when I try and call these people out on it they magically never respond. :facepalm:

The funny thing is, is that you are asking people who read up on the forums to read up on the forums. Those people who don't will never see this post.

Ok, I've seen this a few times now. As I posted earlier I'm a new player. I keep seeing the statement mark your cc's.

1. How do you do this?

2. Probably get answered by question 1, but how can I tell if something is marked?

1.)when you're targetted on the mob, if you right click on their portrait at the bottom where it shows their health, there is an option to "mark" the mob. you can choose from about 8 different pictures to mark so if you have multiple people with CC's, you can decide who's picture is who's for the responsibility of CC'ing

2.) once you "mark" the mob, it shows a big huge picture of the "mark" picture over the mobs head, and also if you click on that mob, the "marker" shows over the entire portrait of their face

Hope this helped :)

Edited by Xaldynn