Smugglers must be nerfed

chakkar

I play a lot of war zones and the class that I've noticed which is the most troublesome are the smugglers. They seems to have a never ending supply of CC'S and they do tons of damage.

As a BH healer I have two CC's. THe lightning dart which I can use during combat and concussion missile which will stop working if I damage them. How many do they have? DO they need the CD increased?

Also, my in combat CC will shock them for four seconds. It seems that when I get CC'd by a smuggler and am out for twice as long.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I play a lot of war zones and the class that I've noticed which is the most troublesome are the smugglers. They seems to have a never ending supply of CC'S and they do tons of damage.

As a BH healer I have two CC's. THe lightning dart which I can use during combat and concussion missile which will stop working if I damage them. How many do they have? DO they need the CD increased?

Also, my in combat CC will shock them for four seconds. It seems that when I get CC'd by a smuggler and am out for twice as long.

They open on you from stealth which knocks you down for 1.5 seconds. Never use your breaker on that. After that they do their 4-second stun, which requires them to be in melee range. Use your knockback as soon as you can and you might disrupt them, if not, use your CC breaker on the 4-minute stun. They are all in their opening. The moment they are attackable is the moment they have become useless.

BH healer. Yeah. As a BH healer u simply don't have a problem with scoundrels, not a single one. So stop trolling.

If I didnt have a problem, if I didnt think there was an issue I would not have made this thread. Move along troll.

So I guess its fair to give them more stuns that some other classes, is that the consensus?

If I didnt have a problem, if I didnt think there was an issue I would not have made this thread. Move along troll.

So I guess its fair to give them more stuns that some other classes, is that the consensus?

A 4 second stun with a 30 second CD (if talented) and a 1.5 second knockdown from stealth is more CC than other classes?

wat.

They do not have more stuns than other classes. They actually have significantly less control and their control has more specific conditions to be used. They are all burst and all in their opening. After that, it's a matter of making them interrupt ****** spells, as their interrupt is not reliable enough to stop all your heals.

Knockback is your friend, Jet Blast I think it's called for you? Scoundrels/Operatives have no way of closing a gap. That's a major disruption of their burst.

They have 1 stun(cd 45sec, 30 talanted), 1 knockdown from stealth and 1 blind(cd 60sec).

Edited by Affics

Merc noob, meet your nemesis-OP.

Are you trying to imply that the gunslinger and the operative are the same class? Because if so, I hope that facepalm is meant for yourself.

Gunslinger is a smuggle, Operative is an Imperial Agent.

He should be differentiating between Gunslinger and Scoundrel, rather than generalizing them as Smugglers.

Gunslinger is a smuggle, Operative is an Imperial Agent.

He should be differentiating between Gunslinger and Scoundrel, rather than generalizing them as Smugglers.

Since they are mirror classes, you can use the names interchangeably. I'm surprised you'd take the time for such an irrelevant display of pedantry. Especially trying to imply I'm an idiot just because I don't care if a person says scoundrel or operative.

Edited by ZDProletariat

Since they are mirror classes, you can use the names interchangeably. I'm surprised you'd take the time for such an irrelevant display of pedantry. Especially trying to imply I'm an idiot just because I don't care if a person says scoundrel or operative.

You asked them to be clearer by saying something even less clear. Right after saying to not be idiotic.

And now you're trying to justify that instead of assuming he meant a scoundrel smuggler, we should assume we know the mirror advanced classes perfectly.

That literally accomplishes nothing.

Gunslinger and Sniper are mirrors.

Scoundrel and Operative are mirrors.

Hes facepalming, I assume, because you choose one base class of one faction and one of another, rather than saying *Sniper or Ops* or *Scoundrel or Gunslinger*

Either way it would be more accurate to ask the OP what spec of smuggler he's having issues with. Gunslinger, Scrapper/DF and Sawbones are all very different.

From his rage I going with scrapper, which as a BH with a KB and shield he really should'ent have too many issues with unless everything he has is on CD.

Hes facepalming, I assume, because you choose one base class of one faction and one of another, rather than saying *Sniper or Ops* or *Scoundrel or Gunslinger*

Thank you. You are correct.

Mixing up the mirrors like that is equally confusing to calling them "smugglers"

Either way it would be more accurate to ask the OP what spec of smuggler he's having issues with. Gunslinger, Scrapper/DF and Sawbones are all very different.

From his rage I going with scrapper, which as a BH with a KB and shield he really should'ent have too many issues with unless everything he has is on CD.

Powertechs use shields, not mercs. as I said, I am a healer, which is the bodyguard tree in the mercenary advanced class.

Powertechs use shields, not mercs. as I said, I am a healer, which is the bodyguard tree in the mercenary advanced class.

You have a shielding cooldown that prevents 25% of damage taken, and as a healer, prevents you from being interrupted for its entire duration.

This cooldown is baseline for all bounty hunters, regardless of advanced class.

He's not talking about the shield offhand.

Edited by Grubfist