Legacy Wide datacrons

AshlaBoga

I don't support this. It's already easy enough to get all 67 when you're max level. I did all 67 in about 2 days and it only took me a few hours. Asking for this feature is just being lazy and it's not a quality of life request at all.

Legacy unlocks are specifically called 'conveniences' not quality of life. If they were quality of life they wouldn't be UNLOCKS that you PAY for.

Also, totally support this. I'd drop my monthly CC allowance on it just to make my life CONVENIENT.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be a good legacy / CC purchase option.

/SIGNED

OMG... I have all but 2 on my Main including the +10 and I will tell you I will NEVER hunt for those for my other toons. Let me pass on all my work to my alts! Isn't that the basis for Legacy in the first place?

/SIGNED

OMG... I have all but 2 on my Main including the +10 and I will tell you I will NEVER hunt for those for my other toons. Let me pass on all my work to my alts! Isn't that the basis for Legacy in the first place?

what he said!

lets get it in there !

/signed

I think this is viable, but has potential to be abused. Maybe a compromise? How about all those DataCrons that are CLASS SPECIFIC are NOT shared Legacy wide?

All Endurance, Presence and +10 DataCron would be shared.

Edited by dscount

• 2 weeks later...

/signed

And I don't really see much of an abuse angle. Already with just two level 50s, my companion is a beast in the early levels. But I expect it to level out when I get higher levels. I'd view legacy datacrons more on par with the WoW heirloom gear. Just makes life so much easier for alt-oholics.

(unless you mean abuse in early PvP.... But then, that'd be just like the bankrolled twinks in WoW, which people live with just fine)

I absolutely, 100%, whole-heartedly, DO NOT agree with this idea.

Datacrons give you more than just stats, while leveling they give you XP for finding it as well as exploration XP in some cases. If you wait until 50 to do them then that's your problem.

Also, a lot of people don't get the Cunning ones cuz they are Troopers, stuff like that. People should be able to choose if they want to get them or not. Yeah, some are really rage-inducing to get, but they can't all be easy, and they shouldn't be available Legacy-wide.

It's also fun to help people working on getting there datacrons, especially on the Tat sandcrawler, so it helps the social aspect as well.

People are also complaining that there's nothing to do end-game (Level 50), so why not go back and get the Datacrons you missed? Help some struggling players along the way.

I'm starting to get worried cuz everyone seems to want everything all the time now and I feel that if they start just giving this kind of stuff away it'll dilute the game. Where does it end? A Legacy perk where as I level Toon A all my other toons get 50% of the XP they earn? :(

Edited by PetFish

I absolutely, 100%, whole-heartedly, DO NOT agree with this idea.

Datacrons give you more than just stats, while leveling they give you XP for finding it as well as exploration XP in some cases. If you wait until 50 to do them then that's your problem.

Also, a lot of people don't get the Cunning ones cuz they are Troopers, stuff like that. People should be able to choose if they want to get them or not. Yeah, some are really rage-inducing to get, but they can't all be easy, and they shouldn't be available Legacy-wide.

It's also fun to help people working on getting there datacrons, especially on the Tat sandcrawler, so it helps the social aspect as well.

People are also complaining that there's nothing to do end-game (Level 50), so why not go back and get the Datacrons you missed? Help some struggling players along the way.

I'm starting to get worried cuz everyone seems to want everything all the time now and I feel that if they start just giving this kind of stuff away it'll dilute the game. Where does it end? A Legacy perk where as I level Toon A all my other toons get 50% of the XP they earn? :(

I do agree with what you are saying here, especially about the 50s not having "anything to do". But I don't see the problem with allowing the addition of the stats from the datacrons to each of your toons with a legacy perk. I have 5 toons currently, 3-50s and 2-in the 20s and if anything, I want to level them asap. That being said, I hate having to repeat everything so much. I think a great compromise would be to allow the stats to be passed on and NOT the XP. This would still give people reason to hunt for them and people like myself to not have to spend ALL that time again doing the same thing over and over again.

While you're at it, BW, if I already have, say, a level 50 Bounty Hunter who has finished all the class quests, can I get either an automatic completion for these or a Legacy unlock at least as soon as I land a new BH I am grinding up on each planet? Please include the Xp and Rewards. Oh, and Troopers on the Republic side are supposed to have the same skills as BH's, so I should get an unlock for them as well.

Come to think of it, I think I've finished a lot of general planetary quests and heroics and flashpoints on several of my 50's: why should I have to complete these quests again? Shouldn't I be able to just show up and get credit for them?

I'd stay and present more arguments here for why this is a Good Thing™ but I need to go support the guy who thinks you should be able to buy a level 50 character with Cartel Coins for your F2P account.... </sarcasm>

Exactly, at one point does it become absurd?

- I did Black Hole weekly today, I need a Legacy Perk so I get the BH comms on all my toons.

- I killed all the World Bosses for my Aratech Coral and now I should be able to Legacy Perk the speeder to all my toons

- I just had sex with Jaxo, Legacy Perk so I can bang her with all my toons

Come on, stop the knee-jerk thinking and demanding everything be a Legacy Perk, it's already at a ridiculous level and threatening to become absurd. Before just coming here and "OMGLEGACYTHISQQ" sit back and think about it for a week and then revisit it. This shouldn't be the first place people go for every idle thought.

/signed

I think this is viable, but has potential to be abused. Maybe a compromise? How about all those DataCrons that are CLASS SPECIFIC are NOT shared Legacy wide?

All Endurance, Presence and +10 DataCron would be shared.

There are no class-specific datacrons.

Exactly, at one point does it become absurd?

- I did Black Hole weekly today, I need a Legacy Perk so I get the BH comms on all my toons.

- I killed all the World Bosses for my Aratech Coral and now I should be able to Legacy Perk the speeder to all my toons

- I just had sex with Jaxo, Legacy Perk so I can bang her with all my toons

Come on, stop the knee-jerk thinking and demanding everything be a Legacy Perk, it's already at a ridiculous level and threatening to become absurd. Before just coming here and "OMGLEGACYTHISQQ" sit back and think about it for a week and then revisit it. This shouldn't be the first place people go for every idle thought.

I don't think it's knee-jerk at all. If certain items (datacrons, crystals, pets) were available through the Legacy once you have done what is needed (example: HK-51) you should be able to spend to open them on your other characters. There is no reason NOT to at this point. Think about it as a "New Game +", you start over, but get the benefits of what you have done before. I don't think that's asking too much.

totally agree, there's no reason to bring a 2nd character through the ordeal of going through all the datacons if you have your first already have them.

Yes please. This would give me the enthusiasm to actually finish getting all of them and stop me feeling irked about the fact I have some on some characters and not others,

I totally agree with this. I have all of the datacrons on my main. On my other 3 50's, I am missing a few here and there. I just haven't had the desire to do the Mario jumps on them yet.

See BW? A thread of people who want this.

Moreover, some off us would even spend Cartel Coins on unlocking this.

You like money right guys?

Yup, I wholeheartedly agree with this. I have 67/67 on my main character, as well as the +10s, and there's no fricking way I'm doing all that again on my other toons. Would even be handy to make the entire codex legacy-wide, since I'm a bit of an achievement addict :p

Yup, I wholeheartedly agree with this. I have 67/67 on my main character, as well as the +10s, and there's no fricking way I'm doing all that again on my other toons. Would even be handy to make the entire codex legacy-wide, since I'm a bit of an achievement addict :p

Well making the datacron codex entries legacy wide makes sense, but making the Location entries doesn't really. Let's face it, exploring the map with a 110% speeder means you can get full map completion really easily. I can understand why people might want Event achievements to be account wide, because we don't know if

For instance I got the Rakghoul event on my main and the Chevin event on 8 of my characters (finishing the event on 8 characters really didn't take long thanks to Dulfy - ty Dulfy:). Obviously I'd love if I could get the Rakghoul event achievements on an alt, but I can live without that.

+1 Would love atleast legacy wide datacrons, the legacy codex would be a nice bonus!

Too bad we'll never get a response on this, esp cause its in the 'suggestion box'... where ideas are sent to die. Not to mention this has been suggested 100,000 times on there forums.

Edited by AdamGe

If they do make Legacy-wide Datacrons then I also want:

- I just looted 132 credits off this dead guy, so all my toons should get 132 credits at the same time, I worked hard for those 132 credits and don't want to go through it all again on each of my toons.

- I just did the weekly 3/3 HM Flashpoint so all my toons should get credit for it, I worked hard for that 3/3 and don't want to go through it all again on each of my toons.

- I just gathered 3 Neural Augmentors, so all my toons should get 3 Neural Augmentors, I worked hard for those 3 Neural Augmentors and don't want to go through it all again on each of my toons.

- I just spend 1,500,000 on a Mask of Nihilus, I worked hard for that item and don't want to go through it all again on each of my toons.

GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK. YOU WANT SOMETHING UNIQUE OR 'RARE' FOR A TOON YOU SHOULD HAVE TO EARN IT.

100% with this being made posible!!

If they do make Legacy-wide Datacrons then I also want:

- I just looted 132 credits off this dead guy, so all my toons should get 132 credits at the same time, I worked hard for those 132 credits and don't want to go through it all again on each of my toons.

- I just did the weekly 3/3 HM Flashpoint so all my toons should get credit for it, I worked hard for that 3/3 and don't want to go through it all again on each of my toons.

- I just gathered 3 Neural Augmentors, so all my toons should get 3 Neural Augmentors, I worked hard for those 3 Neural Augmentors and don't want to go through it all again on each of my toons.

- I just spend 1,500,000 on a Mask of Nihilus, I worked hard for that item and don't want to go through it all again on each of my toons.

GIVE ME A DAMN BREAK. YOU WANT SOMETHING UNIQUE OR 'RARE' FOR A TOON YOU SHOULD HAVE TO EARN IT.

sorry but ur post simply makes no sence in this case... u can not compare the work of geting datacrons that not only increase ur basic atributes but also unlock Lore, to the things mentioned by u.... more brain less keyboard next time pls.

Edited by YeIIow