NAR SHADDAA = the new fleet

Obirayy

hey guys,

a few of us have decided to move to Nar Shaddaa promenade to hang out in between warzones.(started in this thread... http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=572181&page=2 ) it has everything the fleet has minus the PVP terminal but we also get to duel and hang out with the opposite faction.

weve had a lot of fun already with about 6 of us tonight having naked duels ect.

thanks for the support to get this going and hope to see everyone there. it will be awesome when we get 30+ there permanently and have something to do other than run around the fleet :)

weve had a lot of fun already with about 6 of us tonight having naked duels ect.

So..

let em get this "straight"

Obiray...

wants everyone

to come

to the

sleaziest place

in the

ENTIRE GALAXY

and

get into

having

naked duels

as if we have not been stiffed enough by Obiray alreadty...

you GTN whore.....

^ Lol it really didn't take off did it >_<

We need somewhere to duel on the fleet, I cant believe bioware haven't made a spot when it has been asked for from the start, it's pretty obvious the decision making is being made by corporate stooges with their heads up their asses rather than logical, 'in-touch' down to earth human beings.

A dueling spot on the fleet is way too logical and easy for bioware to achieve, it was probably raised at a meeting by a lesser employee ages ago and some boss is sitting on it for a year so he can champion it as his idea.

Edited by Mulloway

The pros out weigh the cons massively IMO

It really doesnt. If you're an active PVPer you'll have to travel back to the fleet every single day anyway (perhaps twice) to pick up and hand in the PVP daily. Add to this if you ever do flashpoints/operations you'll have to go back to hand in those daily/weeklys too. The load times on Nar Shaddaa are also significantly longer which will only get more and more annoying as you're constantly queing for PVP and having to re-load it after every game. Thirdly its alot worse if you're not level 50, as you wont be earning any rest xp like you would be on the fleet. And lastly unless players were literally forced to go there, there would always be a significantly smaller number of players there than at the fleet.

Literally the only advantage is being able to duel constantly if you're level 50. Which is great, but it comes at a huge sacrafice of convenience, annoyance and functionality.

Yeah man all it was is for lvl 50s to duel in between long pops it had nothing to do with pve or any lowbies, I'm not trying to move the whole fleet population over there and it definitely does work out better. Going back to the fleet once a day for dailies? It's too easy. Im not sure if my load times are quicker than some but my Internet downloads at 300kb/s and my latency is around 10-14ms.

If you would like I could record the 20+ ppl near the pvp terminal standing there doing nothing or jumping up and down waiting for a pop for 20mins...

but hey! At least we have emotes and AoE attacks we can spam at each other! Oh oh and how about those ball toss things! Aren't they fun! Much better than an extra 15-30second load time! (<--obiray's awesome joke telling time)

Btw last time we left the fleet to duel it was at the ilum spaceport to help load times but then there are no vendors ect to compare with the fleet and imps can't meet there

Either way id rather pvp while I wait for warzone pops and not checking pvp vendor every 5mins to see what I can buy even though I don't have the comms yet

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah man all it was is for lvl 50s to duel in between long pops it had nothing to do with pve or any lowbies, I'm not trying to move the whole fleet population over there and it definitely does work out better. Going back to the fleet once a day for dailies? It's too easy. Im not sure if my load times are quicker than some but my Internet downloads at 300kb/s and my latency is around 10-14ms.

If you would like I could record the 20+ ppl near the pvp terminal standing there doing nothing or jumping up and down waiting for a pop for 20mins...

but hey! At least we have emotes and AoE attacks we can spam at each other! Oh oh and how about those ball toss things! Aren't they fun! Much better than an extra 15-30second load time! (<--obiray's awesome joke telling time)

Btw last time we left the fleet to duel it was at the ilum spaceport to help load times but then there are no vendors ect to compare with the fleet and imps can't meet there

Either way id rather pvp while I wait for warzone pops and not checking pvp vendor every 5mins to see what I can buy even though I don't have the comms yet

Dont get me wrong, staying on the fleet doing nothing is boring as hell and they really need to implement activities to do on it (duel, pazaak, minigames etc).

Most people I know, however, (myself included) dont just sit around doing nothing on the fleet while waiting for pops - they're alt tabbed not even playing the game and doing other more useful things or browsing the net, then simply tab back in when the pve/pvp que pops.

If you're getting bored just do likewise.... although if you are able to get a good population heading to nar shadaa regularly then more power to you I guess.